The Escapist Film Festival 2010: GameTAG - Pilot

GameTAG - Pilot

When four good friends hear the news about a brand new console coming out next year, they must find some way to save up money.

Watch Video

Hahaha.

*Sound of Glass Breaking*

"Goddammit Will!"
"Oh come on, I'm not even in the room!"

Metal gear solid had a video game?

Also Will seems to be inspired by Scott Pilgrim the Scott Pilgrim comics.. or is that just awesome coincidence? :')

d-d-d-d-double post

c-c-c-combo breaker

Distorted Stu:

Also Will seems to be inspired by Scott Pilgrim the Scott Pilgrim comics.. or is that just awesome coincidence? :')

Just an awesome coincidence :)

Clearly, your entire budget was blown on the fake newscast video backgrounds :-).

I rather liked the Family Guy-style flashbacks.

This was pretty good, minus a few issues with the lighting. I'd like to see more, though.

Eh, nothing to special or new. I new the pizza girl would become an awkward love interest the second I saw the note signed "pizza girl". The wii-mote jokes were funny, but that's about all that I found amusing in this video.
Sorry. =c

That was one awkward, longing stare for the pizza girl!

All in all, good effort. Definitely has potential, once you guys get a little more comfortable in front of the camera.

The biggest question that I'm left with is where does the series go from here? I don't know if you guys had anything specific in mind, but I'm really not sure what would come next. All I know is one of them is longing after the pizza girl and they all want to save up money to buy the new awesome console.

Paul Hearding:

The biggest question that I'm left with is where does the series go from here? I don't know if you guys had anything specific in mind, but I'm really not sure what would come next. All I know is one of them is longing after the pizza girl and they all want to save up money to buy the new awesome console.

The main idea that we had for the rest of the series follows a sketch comedy format. Each episode would be their attempt at some crazy "Get Rich Quick" scheme. We tried to make this a bit more evident in the video, but we kind of failed at showing this.

And thanks to everyone else for their criticisms, they are greatly appreciated!

this is great

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here