The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Secrets of the Virtual Past

Secrets of the Virtual Past

Some tales from history sound so unreal, they are. Join us as we delve into the secret war between Macs, and PCs.

Watch Video

nkingston6:
Over one in four people are affected by history.

Nice, probably my favorite part.

This could use a little more energy. It's a bit slow at times, otherwise, very nice.

EDIT: also, do something about the bg noise.

LOL
Very witty writing.
I especially liked the OTT camera shifts.

"Ever since technology was first invented..."

Good stuff.

I really liked it. There needs to be some work with the mic and not filming on windy days(Though I guess weather can't be helped). At times it was hard to understand you. It took me three times to understand that you said "technology" in the beginning.

Other than that it was really great, loved the joke at the end about the flawed Mac ideology that Macs don't have crashing or errors like PCs. I also loved the budget joke after that as well. Top notch comedy. Yes such jokes have been done before, but they never get old. Especially since I like seeing Mac users get put in their place.

You have my vote.

Thank you very much.

Sorry about the audio. That's what happens when you're working with no budget and you have to rely on a cheap clip-on mic found in the back of the cupboard. Suffice to say buying a decent shotgun mic would be the very thing we did if we were to make any future episodes.

nkingston6:
Sorry about the audio. That's what happens when you're working with no budget and you have to rely on a cheap clip-on mic found in the back of the cupboard. Suffice to say buying a decent shotgun mic would be the very thing we did if we were to make any future episodes.

That is the major thing that lets you down. It's a good homebrew effort, but I just don't think you'll have the gear to pull off anything that impressive.

The only other thing is it did remind me of an old BBC comedy program called 'we are history' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTvlhLjMq0) especially the wide arm gesture before the opening credits...you probably haven't seen that though...

carnkhan4:

nkingston6:

That is the major thing that lets you down. It's a good homebrew effort, but I just don't think you'll have the gear to pull off anything that impressive.

The only other thing is it did remind me of an old BBC comedy program called 'we are history' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTvlhLjMq0) especially the wide arm gesture before the opening credits...you probably haven't seen that though...

I have seen We Are History. I'm a fan of Marcus Brigstocke and We Are History (amongst other things) served as one of my inspirations.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here