The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Breaking Blizzard - Pilot

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Breaking Blizzard - Pilot

A comedy heist series about two friends who break into Blizzard Entertainment to put one of them into Diablo 3 before she's deported.

Watch Video

Written by Elevator creator/ENN guest star/Desert Bus terrible driver Woody Tondorf and "Squatters" creator Brendan Bradley. Starring "The Beautiful Life's" Natalie Floyd and Woody Tondorf.

Support our series and watch us actually break into Blizzard Entertainment! Seriously, we need the cash and we lack the motivation to rob a bank. All your views and votes are greatly appreciated!

Aha! Quite good.
Some sound issues with the opening and ending sequences being too quiet, but I very much liked what I saw.

Hey thanks! Hopefully we'll get to move the heist forward. Message received on the sound.

Definitely the best one I've seen (and I watched all the ones on the first page). Very much hope you guys win, the idea is fantastic and the acting was beyond superb.

I also of course like the "Breaking Bad" title reference.

Well produced and the acting wasn't half bad. This shows some promise.

Hmmm. I almost feel like this should be a normal contracted show on the Escapists. It outclasses most of the others by leaps and bounds. That said, I haven't seen too much promise out of the other videos. I guess experience will end up winning the day here...

That's a huge compliment, Dubious_wolf. Thank you. We're of course really big fans of LLR and we'd love to be a part of the Escapist family.

And thanks JoshTheater! We've got a very fast-paced, action packed heist comedy plot set up that we're really eager to bring to the first season. We're also big Blizzard fans so we're writing what we love.

Glad you enjoyed the production, Percutio. I promise to step up my acting from not half bad to almost passable :)

It was good. The only complaint I have is that the actress drops the accent some times, but maybe I just imagined that. But other than that, it was very promising and I hope you win the contest!

WoodyRunawaybox:
LLR

*cough*

>.>

-m

PS: <3

Matt_LRR:

WoodyRunawaybox:
LLR

*cough*

>.>

-m

I'll show myself out. The airlock.

WoodyRunawaybox:

Matt_LRR:

WoodyRunawaybox:
LLR

*cough*

>.>

-m

I'll show myself out. The airlock.

Much appreciated.

-m

edit: seriously though: <3

Hey it's Woody.

Excellent. Escapist magazine, please make this win!!!!

I'd love to see this get made! Even if I am a bit biased.

EDIT: Dbl post, my bad.

Epic vid, I love your stuff Woody.

Wow! That was totally excellent. It would make a great addition here.

Well written, well filmed, well acted, and full of promise for the future.

Good job and good luck.

Thanks so much Mike, Indianajoe, and Trymantha! We really appreciate the support. This could be a really cool series.

Dear Sir\Madam

I'm interested. You are seriously cruel to only give this much for a preview.
As you know, the sound has bugged me. But, that did'nt stop me from watching\fast forwarding or even stopping the video.

Thanks for entertaining me and best of luck. You have my vote.

Regards
Migs

P.S.
The only REAL thing I disliked is the Opening Credits that you show at the end of the video. Personally, I prefer it to be scrapped and made anew with much CLEARER images of the actors and not be ENGULFED in filters and overlapping images making them hard to SEE.

That's a good note, Migs. We probably did get a little effects happy and should have spent a little more effort giving you our faces at the end. If we get to take this to series, we'll use that note.

I keep saying this, but this is the best vid ive watched so far. Excellent acting and a story im already curious about. A few minor sound issues, but thats easily fixed.

Good luck guys

Theres always one that just outclasses everyone else every year. You, my good sir, are it.

I am, of course, talking about your bus-driving skills...

..Video was ok too..;)

Excludos, you burn me. My vengeance will be swift and terrible. Thanks for the kind words, dude.

Really appreciate the praise, Bucket. We're really hoping for a chance to tell this story with some quality action and humor. The people we have lined up to appear in the series will only bring up the acting quality, meaning they're all better than me :)

Very nice, but I'm wondering how long this would last. Will we go past the trial?

Still, this is one that I would very much like to see more of.

Good question Randommaster. I can't tell you a lot without spoiling the twist at the end but we absolutely have built in the possibility of a second season.

Um wow! I think that was one of the most minimalist entries in both resources and sets and internet memes, yet you did so much with it! The writing was amazing, great comedic timing, interesting characters, and I wanted to see what happens next!

Great job guys!

Very good. This is tied with Carmen.01 for my favorites. I like it very much, seems both funny and intriguing

WOODY!!

Heh, thanks Noirguy. Imagine what we could do with a budget :) That second sentence made my day; I forwarded it to the director and my co-writer who played Wyatt. Means a lot to us.

Thanks Varya! Funny and intriguing is perfect. Thanks for letting us know what you thought.

Hmmmmmm, it has promise.....

I really liked this entry, I am just curious about where it is going? I know its just a pilot (an a really good one) but it really doesn't give much of an idea, at least visually, the style of the series. I guess I just wanted to see some planning and scheming, perhaps a hint of some action sequences to really give me an idea of where this can go. Currently I really don't see this progressing a huge amount with such small instalments, it looks as if it was shot as a sure thing instead of a pilot for the series. Just my opinion, take it with a whole bucket of salt. Good luck guys

I'm having trouble expressing just how good this thing is. Just from seeing the thumbnail on the contest page, I already pretty much decided I hated it. Then suddenly I was smacked across the face by good writing, Woody's stellar acting, and a commodore Hustle reference. You get a nice shiny vote.

Once more, great job all!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or