The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Carmen 1.0

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Carmen 1.0

Sid invents a new gaming system to play with his friends. Unfortunately for them, he hasn't quite worked out all the bugs.

Watch Video

Hey everyone, I'm the director and one of the writers of Carmen 1.0. I hope you enjoy our submission and give us the chance to explore brand new levels.

Here is our thumbnail image we submitted for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks,
Matt

Nice one. I liked the acting, premise, effects, script. All in all, I want to see more

How come I keep finding good ones =/ its heartbreaking

But the line "Time to go postal"

LOVED ITT!!!

Looks promising. Don't really have anything to complain about :P
Nice acting, good voice quality, etc. Maybe could have used a bit more jokes, maybe not.

talenos:
Hey everyone, I'm the director and one of the writers of Carmen 1.0. I hope you enjoy our submission and give us the chance to explore brand new levels.

Here is our thumbnail image we submitted for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks,
Matt

Sorry about the delay getting your title card up. For some reason our image system refused to work with it until the stars aligned, or other such witchcraft.

@paulgruberman No problem Paul, it's up now. Thanks for taking care of it so quickly.

@Varya, I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully we'll get to make some more episodes and see what kind of levels Carmen think ups next.

@Roamin11, glad you liked the ending. We filmed a couple lines from each character as possible endings. This one wasn't my first pick, but everyone else seemed to like it the best, so glad to see they were right.

@Owlslayer, Thanks for giving it a watch. If we get picked up we'll be sure to add in more jokes... or not. :)

Want to thank everyone for watching each others videos!

What a fun festival!

Dear Sir\Madam

Time To Go Postal.
I just can't get over that line. That was almost a deal breaker for. Henry The Mailman i smy definate fav.

Everything was done solidly, my only real complaint is simply the time limit. Which you can't really do much about.

It would be great if you had a much larger budget for making the series, but for something to get started with, it is looking very promising. To the point that this may be the next 'A Good Knights Quest'.

I have given you my vote.
Best of luck.

Regards
Migs

It was pretty easy to see where it was going, but it was still fun.

Ok, so here's something I realized you should have cred for.
You managed to:
Set up the characters
Show us an adventure
Show us the premise
Give us a taste of the visuals
Kick off the plot

In 5 minutes. And that's a hell of a lot better than some other stuff I've seen. It really feels like a Pilot, not just 5 mins of stuff we might understand if we vote for it.

That was brilliant. Looked really profesional, solid acting with a premise that could be stretched out enough. The best ive watched so far

@Migs Looks like Henry is in the early lead for favorite character.

@Dak_N_Jaxter Thanks, we have even more fun planned.

@Varya Thanks again. We wanted to be ambitious and deliver all of those things, so you'd get a better idea of what the series would actually be like, and what kind of things we can do.

@The Bucket Thank you as well. We tried to bring our A game to show what we were capable of doing.

I hope we'll have your guys votes throughout the week.

talenos:
*snip*

$:38: shame on you.

Good special effects and the acting in fine, doing what it needs to do. If we get more episodes I'm really hoping for some good character development. Best of luck to you.

Great job guys. The editing is absolutely amazing. Loved it!

@randommaster This was definitely an episode to set things up. We'll learn more about them if we get to make more.

Weird audio cutout issues. Or was that done intentionally in post? Regardless, this is pretty good. I like the concept, and the last line was brilliant.

Not intentional, but to get everything in on time we had to pick our battles and decided to get the visual effects as good as possible. Glad you still enjoyed it.

I'm the editor / visual effects, and played the scientist guy in this piece. I still cringe at our audio. Oh well! All the audio chops and unsynced parts are easily fixed when things aren't rushed and last minute.

ryan robert daggitt:
I'm the editor / visual effects, and played the scientist guy in this piece. I still cringe at our audio. Oh well! All the audio chops and unsynced parts are easily fixed when things aren't rushed and last minute.

Hopefully the judges take that into consideration for all entires.

I don't think it's that distracting. We just needed to add some sound back in that we already had.

I think it will come down to what the community is interested in seeing and if the staff thinks the creators are capable of making a quality episode each week. I think we're definitely up to the challenge.

We really got started making films in 48 hour film contests, so we know how to work fast.

ryan robert daggitt:
I'm the editor / visual effects, and played the scientist guy in this piece.

Don't forget co-writer!

We all got to wear multiple hats on this one. I got to write, direct, light, run camera, run sound and make props.

Wow, amazing!

I loved it, especially the end.

What's depressing is that I'm finding there are a ton of great videos. I guess whatever one from the great ones wins, the people of The Escapist win.

It would be awesome if you guys won. I'll just keep voting till then.

That was awesome. I laughed really hard at this, I deffinitly want to see more.
Oh man, "Let's go postal." I love terrible puns, so that line was just awesome. And Sid is so awesome.
Great work and good luck, guys. ^^

Sonic Doctor:
Wow, amazing!

What's depressing is that I'm finding there are a ton of great videos. I guess whatever one from the great ones wins, the people of The Escapist win.

Wow Sonic Doctor, thank you so much for voting for us especially because, as you said, there are a lot of great entries this year.

Moon_Called:
That was awesome. I laughed really hard at this, I deffinitly want to see more.
Oh man, "Let's go postal." I love terrible puns, so that line was just awesome. And Sid is so awesome.
Great work and good luck, guys. ^^

Thanks Moon_Called! And a vote for Sid! Ryan will be happy to hear that. Hope we'll be able to bring you many more terrible puns.

We're all pretty dedicated gamers. We might be the only entry made by someone who works in games as well.

talenos:

Sonic Doctor:
Wow, amazing!

Wow Sonic Doctor, thank you so much for voting for us especially because, as you said, there are a lot of great entries this year.

You're all most welcome.

After watching it a few more times, I definitely love the live sitcom vibe that I get from the clapping and cheering when the characters are introduced. I also get that feel from Sid's over the top, "Heennrry!", when Henry finds the key. It's the type of show mechanic I believe The Escapist needs in a series. It's the classic comedy of old that is rarely seen and done well these days in a show.

Wow! I dug it! I didn't want it to end!

Adventureous, playful with humor with it going to, like, virtual danger...

I thought the audio worked well and I really liked the "white" sequence.

It left me wanting to know what was next and how it ended.

Good work! I want more, more, more!

What is the plan for episode 2?

Another Carmen 1.0 crew member checking in! I did camera/sound/prop work and was the voice of Carmen. I am so excited by everyone's positive comments -- I really, really want a chance to make more of this!

Rikki Honnold:
What is the plan for episode 2?

There are a few routes we're thinking about going. But they will definitely be exploring new types of levels, and have to figure out what to do about the level they're stuck in now.

Just fantastic video. There are just so many great videos this year that I'm really trying to be as fair as possible about who I vote for but your video is in the top 3 for me this year.

Hello all! Rhea M. here, graphic designer of the hopeful series...

I may be bias since I am friends with these guys and do most of their design work for them but I have to say, I checked out MOST of the videos and nothing can really compared to the professionalism that the video has. Like what Varya mentioned already, it encapsulated all that in 5 minutes, leaving you wanting more. That my friends calls for a great series...

Good job, guys! Happy to be a small part of it..

Dan E:
Just fantastic video. There are just so many great videos this year that I'm really trying to be as fair as possible about who I vote for but your video is in the top 3 for me this year.

Glad to have your vote Dan. I agree, the competition has never been tougher.

But hopefully BethyD will get the chance to do more of Carmen's voice.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here