The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Vs. Mode

Vs. Mode

The show that tells you whether Superman is better than the Super Nintendo, who'd win in a fight between Prince and Prince Charles and whether or not Grand Theft Auto is better than Grand Funk Railroad. In this pilot episode, the team pit Bioware's Dragon Age Origins against the classical Iron Age... FIGHT!

Watch Video

Woo!

Sweet! I love it

Thank you!

Cheers Varya. :D

Also, I thought I should plug our youtube page on here for anyone that's interested...
http://www.youtube.com/user/SquareShapedSoftness

The funniest of the first page so far. I have to admit that I'm biased towards this kind of random and nonsensical humor, though.

The lighting could use some work as it gets dark sometimes. the writing was great, though, and it's great to see this taken so (un)seriously. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

That was fantastic, no other way to say it.

randommaster:
The funniest of the first page so far. I have to admit that I'm biased towards this kind of random and nonsensical humor, though.

The lighting could use some work as it gets dark sometimes. the writing was great, though, and it's great to see this taken so (un)seriously. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Thanks a lot, good to get some constructive feed back.

Logic Sword:

Ta very much :D

randommaster:

Well if you'd like more, we'll more than likely do more on youtube, if not the escapist. So keep an eye out :D.

Logic Sword:

Fuck yeah! Thank you!

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

Pretty good show structure. I liked the "Its actually encourages it" bit.

Total Win xD!
Cant believe how well you guys done :D
I'll be voting every day ^.^

fug91:

randommaster:

Well if you'd like more, we'll more than likely do more on youtube, if not the escapist. So keep an eye out :D.

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for it.

While I haven't watched all the videos, this is an awesome first episode for something that could be an awesome series. I particularly love how you get actual sciency content in an entertaining format.

It's also the first video to have a mid-credit funny bit. An awesome bit!

Definitely the best I've watched of the entries so far.

The writing is very good, though I don't see the concept going very far... Will all of the episodes be well researched pieces with puns in the title, or will you instigate hardcore nerd rage by making videos similar to vs. topics that frequently plague message boards? Could have some serious legs if you expand the concept past puns...

Nice work, you will absolutely be getting a vote.

Actully... I really like this =D good luck!!

Don't worry we have a lot of ideas that go past simple puns, we want to expand and just look at interesting things. If the Escapist dont want us to do it were going to just do more and put them up on Youtube.

Jpodster:
Don't worry we have a lot of ideas that go past simple puns, we want to expand and just look at interesting things. If the Escapist dont want us to do it were going to just do more and put them up on Youtube.

As JPodster says, we have many ideas and will likely keep this going whether we win or not. The topics don't always need to rhyme or anything, they just need to be tenuously connected in some way. We're open to a lot of suggestions, so if anyone has any ideas that would make for a funny episode, let us know.

Awesome!

Yep, Iron Age deserves it. I think this is one of the shows with best potensial for further episodes.

Hehe nice. Even if you guys don't win I think you'd still find success somewhere with this series. *thumbs up*

Thanks for the comments guys.

It's such a simple premise, but it works so well (even the old spice bit at the end). It's very wittily written and god knows where all these props and locations have come from, but they are without a doubt awesome...

I am now intrigued for next week's, make it so!

ConnorCool:

Yessir!

I've reviewed most of the vids on the "vote now" thread but never really committed to any as a winner but I'd just like to say you guys have got my vote. The show is inventive, very well produced, entertaining and clever and if you could get a little more energy into the two presenters I think it would be perfect.

Just watched it again, it's just as brilliant. It's like Scott Pilgrim meets Mythbusters, and there's very little that could be more awesome than that. I really hope you do win, because I'd love to see more of this.

I still want that damn cookie.

Good to see that we aren't the only Scottish entry, good luck to you's

When I started watching this to be honest I thought it was going to be shite, the concept seemed a bit week. But you managed to make it good. Nice one. "Stone age had relideons based around orgies" lol.

Loved the old spice referance to.

FlitterFilms:
I've reviewed most of the vids on the "vote now" thread but never really committed to any as a winner but I'd just like to say you guys have got my vote. The show is inventive, very well produced, entertaining and clever and if you could get a little more energy into the two presenters I think it would be perfect.

Thank you very much :D

We have a reasonably good excuse for the less than energetic presenters, our shoot, which we thought would only be about 5 hours, turned out to last 13 hours. We were all poorly nourished and completely exhausted.

We'd definitely be better prepared and not so tired for future episodes.

jarrgon:

ConnorCool:

Yessir!

You have my sword.. err, vote!

FlitterFilms:

Thanks man, I've been following your reviews and that means a lot.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here