The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Tales From The Table

Pages PREV 1 2

Really running for this one guys. There is a really good bunch of videos this year.

Hello Again everyone,

Just to answer a few thoughts, "Tales From The Tables" is definitely intended to be a character, full plot, driven series. We want to be able to expand on these characters as individuals, but also as the group as a whole.

Thanks again for all of your support and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Who is this aiming to appeal to? I LOVE D&D but I find it really hard to watch other people playing it (I Hit With My Axe is a case in point) After watching "Tales" a few times I noticed that there isn't a huge amount of actual D&D playing (Where as Unforgotten Realms is heavy on it) I think the less is more approach is great for non D&D gamers (and lets face it I think they are the real escapist bread and butter) But how are you going to appeal to the D&D gamers who the show appears to be aimed at? Love to hear your thoughts Lord_Goose_Man and anyone else who thinks I have a fair point.

I crack up everytime I watch this! Awesome work guys! You have my vote....sexy...lol

Tower 87:
Who is this aiming to appeal to? I LOVE D&D but I find it really hard to watch other people playing it (I Hit With My Axe is a case in point) After watching "Tales" a few times I noticed that there isn't a huge amount of actual D&D playing (Where as Unforgotten Realms is heavy on it) I think the less is more approach is great for non D&D gamers (and lets face it I think they are the real escapist bread and butter) But how are you going to appeal to the D&D gamers who the show appears to be aimed at? Love to hear your thoughts Lord_Goose_Man and anyone else who thinks I have a fair point.

I personally am not a D&D player so I don't know much about the technical aspects of the game, but this show looks like it has a great potential to go in either (or both) directions; by that I mean it could have some content that could specifically engage hardcore D&D players but the characters look really interesting and I personally would loved to see their personal stories unfold (maybe with some funny references to their fantasy Avatar's reality too!) I'd hate to see it end up generic and clichéd like some other gaming stories.

I'd also really like to know what's in store for the Dungeon Master....am I the only one who thinks that guy is hot?! About time there was some talent! lol

This was amazing! really pretty camera work, loved the costumes and it was really well cast.

I'm voting you Numero Uno!

And my vote! :)

DyeDoe:
I'd also really like to know what's in store for the Dungeon Master....am I the only one who thinks that guy is hot?! About time there was some talent! lol

Are you serious?! Talent?! The DM was the only uninspired performance in the whole thing. Too cliché and over the top all the time. I'll admit he is do have something going for him, maybe his crazy hair, but otherwise very unimpressed. On that note It was really the costumes that contrasted the acting talent across the board. maybe if the DM character appeared in the fantasy world as a character as well then it would have balanced out.

get a room

Freshskills:
get a room

On the subject of that inappropriate comment, I hope the love theme in the show continues. I'd really like to see an exposure of the Shapeshifter's Star Wars Sheets to the waitress! Classic! I'll stay tuned for that mos def! :)

Elissa:

Freshskills:
get a room

On the subject of that inappropriate comment, I hope the love theme in the show continues. I'd really like to see an exposure of the Shapeshifter's Star Wars Sheets to the waitress! Classic! I'll stay tuned for that mos def! :)

HAHA! Oh Forums.....remind me not to type my thoughts out loud here! Last day so here's me vote! WAPOW!

I Wish that Lord_Goose_Man would reply to my posts.

I wish that this video would win so I could see what happens next. It has so much potential and the production values are on another level compared to the other entries. Final hours of voting :D. When do we find out who wins?

Hey guys

Big thanks to everyone for your support during the voting period. I realise I didn't get back to as many posts as I would have liked to during the voting period but I'm still open to talking about "Tales From The Table".

Firstly to @Tower87, The idea behind "Tales From The Table" was to be open to a wide audience. While most definitely targeting fans of D&D and table top gaming, we wanted to also not segregate from those who may not have had a chance to play the awesomeness that is D&D. Although with that being said, we do want those people who do play to understand the inside jokes that can pop up and also have subtle references and side gags that only the astute may get.

"Tales From The Table" is about the characters more then anything else when it comes down to it. We could have as many D&D jokes as you want, but without really good characters backing them up, there's no point.

Hope I've answered some of your queries and fingers crossed with the final judging.

Seriously awesome guys, I was rooting for this one! Can't wait to see more, and congratulations.

I'm glad that a DnD show will be added to the Escapist.

Damn...i didn't saw this one when the contest was running and I'm kinda sad about that. Otherwise i would have given you my vote. But either way you did well and got ta contract.

This reminds me of the movie "The gamers"...good stuff.
And the party looks a lot like the group i play with. There's always one guy who's shouting that we stop doing crazy stuff and behave (though he's not the DM) and everyone else is just crazy. Though we don't have such epic props like a bow or elf-ears, but still. The "feeling" was so familiar. Fun times.

I think it looks really good and would like to see how it pans out, the set up looks very intereting and the idea is sound.

The Gamers rip off gets the good grade?

Oh well, I guess I can hope for the best.

Technically well done and entertaining too. The lighting was so perfect in the house/shed/supply closet.

Not bad. The whole "... because.. I'M a girl?..." thing made me laugh. I liked everyone's expressions. I totally understand the dm's problems. I hope that future episodes will keep the ending sort of light-hearted like this one, even if stuff happens that pisses someone off in general.

@Lord_Goose_Man - What's the focus of the story for the show going to be? Personally I would like to see character development be a big part (and it looks like it will from this), in and out of game/character. Also, will we know next episode what their names are? We know their classes and in-game names, but.. you know.

And uh... why does the DRUID want a horse?.. hilarious.

Kinda glad to see this won, there needed to be a better representation on this site of DnD than Axe.

This was is my favorite of them all <3

Sober Thal:

I haven't seen "The Gamers" is it a popular Movie/TV Series? I guess there is no point being to down about it having a similar style to an existing show, I just thought it was nice to see an entry that wasn't a Scott Pilgrim cash in.

Thanks for getting back to me Lord_Goose_Man.

Tower 87:

Sober Thal:

I haven't seen "The Gamers" is it a popular Movie/TV Series? I guess there is no point being to down about it having a similar style to an existing show, I just thought it was nice to see an entry that wasn't a Scott Pilgrim cash in.

Thanks for getting back to me Lord_Goose_Man.

It's an underground classic.

Wow, that was really good.

Ho ho, its like watching something from The Dead Gentlemen! Excellent!

Tales looks really professional. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here