The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Josh & Chad: Cooperators

Josh & Chad: Cooperators

Josh & Chad: Cooperators is a comedic series which involves two hilarious dudes reviewing cooperative games together.

Watch Video

Lame, they didn't use our thumbnail:

since i dont have my headphones and im at my college i cant hear the audio

but is this supposed to be like Zero Punctuation but with two people playing a game together instead of one person always reviewing the singleplayer?

EDIT: If this was going to be an ongoing series, you need (or needed) something for screen capture, not something that records off-screen (video quality is... not so good)

Azaraxzealot:

EDIT: If this was going to be an ongoing series, you need (or needed) something for screen capture, not something that records off-screen (video quality is... not so good)

Yeah, that is most definitely true. The good thing about this show is that it requires almost no budget, so if we get paid we can spend the money on screencap software and other bells and whistles.

Anyway, you REALLY need to listen to the audio.

The Josh:

dude, they did put it up. and you look like shit in that pic.

The Chad:

The Josh:

dude, they did put it up. and you look like shit in that pic.

I look cooler than you with that dodgy ginger beard.

Bob and Steve have cousins?

Audio and video quality was bad. I couldn't make out some of the words.

I did like the Gears chainsaw part, epic draw for a long time, but which of you won?

i loved this xD, hope u guys win

There were a few other entries that were basically LP's, and I was kinda like, "Why should this be a series?"

THIS, I can understand why. LP's are always better with more than one person. It almost seems like a parody of the worse LPs. I agree that for it to be taken seriously as a series, you would need a capture card or something like that.

Good work, gents.

King Kool:
It almost seems like a parody of the worse LPs.

That's pretty much what we were going for. We had a few gags about how we were recording with a crappy iPod camera, but we scrapped most of them due to time constraints (there's tonnes of funny clips we couldn't fit into the trailer due to them being over 30 seconds in length).

The general idea is two dudes who think they are the shit, badly recording their co-op gaming sessions to show off how uber they are and give their all-important opinions on their favourite games. But if the low A/V quality takes away from it that much, it'd be pretty simple to solve. It's mainly about the concept, the humour, and filling a certain niche that's missing on the Escapist (i.e. MovieBob does movies, Yahtzee does single-player games, we do multi-player games).

Anyway, thanks for the comments/feedback, bitches!

Looks promising, I hope this becomes a show i would really like to see more of it

Nice show, this is one of only a handful of vids that look like they could actually work as a series.
Good luck guys

Um. Okay. Was a bit perplexed as to what the heck you were trying to go for exactly and was annoyed by the Boondock Saints-esque f-bombs but given the promise you replied with I can see this becoming something. I'd give you the green light.

Glad to see that I was not the only one creeped out when Cortana keeps popping up out of nowhere! I remember playing that late at night, alone in the basement...haha, good times.

Could definitely see this working if done right and it seems like you know the niche that you're aiming for. I like the concept for the series, but I'm not sure exactly what an episode would be like.

If you'd be so kind to enlighten me, I'd like to know what the structure of an episode would be like. Would you be actually reviewing the multiplayer components of games (in character, of course!) or would you simply be providing commentary about certain parts of multiplayer games?

Paul Hearding:
If you'd be so kind to enlighten me, I'd like to know what the structure of an episode would be like. Would you be actually reviewing the multiplayer components of games (in character, of course!) or would you simply be providing commentary about certain parts of multiplayer games?

For the trailer, we mostly wanted to showcase the character dynamic and style of humour. Each episode would have a more cohesive narrative: we'll strike a balance between the spontaneous humour and ad-libbing of a "let's play", with some scripted segments where we review specific aspects of the cooperative gameplay. Together with the in-game footage -- even if some people don't like our brand of humour -- we're hoping we can give a sense of which games work well as a co-op experience (since sometimes bad games can still be really fun with another person, and good single-player games can make crappy co-op ones)

I like this.

First Cut really killed any interest in anything else. We were way ahead in terms of comments prior to that announcement. Then nobody seemed to bother watching anything else, us included.

I blame Graham Stark.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here