The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Reset to Zero

Reset to Zero

In the not too distant future gaming is entirely controlled by one company, GameCommand. The gaming world has become a flood of generic shooters and all competition to GameCommand is swiftly crushed before it has a chance. The only ones who can save us from this monotony are an elite team of amateur developers who work out of their own homes and keep the spirit of gaming alive ... but GameCommand are much more than a gaming company and their motivations are far more sinister than widespread boredom. Our heroic indie developers are soon to get caught up in a real life struggle for survival.

Watch Video

Not sure why or how this turned out so dark when I compressed it so sorry about that. Production value not massively high (really crappy old camera) but hoping story and writing style shines through. Promise we can do bigger and flashier, just didn't have time to get something ready for the competition.

If you like our story and character please vote for us, because technical issues can be fixed later.

Well. The acting was good. It was an original idea. Some dark humor, and yes it did come out a little dark, but all in all I liked it. A little too much information at the start and end about what was going on but it was good, and I really don't know why you didn't make first cut. I've seen some in first cut that were worse! I personally don't think it takes any talent at all to copy a video game and talk over it as if a review (At least not unless you yourself can & have created a video game better.) and there are some like that in the first cut! The Escapist already has some critics that do that! I think you did good on this and sorry you didn't care for my fighter jets, but there's always next year!

Cheers, nice to know someone watched, lol. Fighter jets cool, was just a bit of an odd one out so hard to know what to say about it.

FlitterFilms:
Not sure why or how this turned out so dark when I compressed it so sorry about that. Production value not massively high (really crappy old camera) but hoping story and writing style shines through. Promise we can do bigger and flashier, just didn't have time to get something ready for the competition.

If you like our story and character please vote for us, because technical issues can be fixed later.

Just get some good lights so that it doesn't look so dark when you compress it. I really liked this, I'll look forward to more episodes.

We had the hanging light in the middle of the room and somebody stood on a cushion pointing it at us, not the most professional set up, lol. Cheers for the comment. Was actually planning on starting a web series before I heard about the competition but the idea for it didn't really fit in here so had to come up with something new. Even if this entry goes nowhere will probably still be planning to make something, maybe keep this series going on youtube or something, who knows.

When I read the blurb, I didn't think this would be anything special, but I actually really liked this. Awesome dark, British humour, which is always funny.
I'll definitely be thinking of this when I vote.

The over all concept was good but I think the time limit was what killed you in the end. The scrolling text was rushed just a bit although not really a big issue. What I did notice was that the actors seemed to rush their lines. Overall the acting wasn't bad Jim was the best cast. I would have found someone who portrayed the part better for the (evil) head of the company. Not that he couldn't act he just didn't fit what I thought that guy should be. Also I would find a better room to shoot in ....lol my den looks better then that just a thought. I do think you should have made first cut over some of the others although Game Science 101 is by far my favorite and I think given the current content on escapist I'm going to continue to vote for that. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on your video but let me know if you do continue a series on you-tube would love to see what you do.

It seemed really good, funny and interesting. Cinematography was a bit under-par, but the premise and dialogue was pretty good! I really hope to see more of what you guys do, it can only get better.

Thanks for all your comments and to anyone who voted for us. Probably won't continue this series if don't win as wrote it for here but there is something else I was working on before which will probably kick off soon.

Some stuff already online here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwoHeadedEd

Mostly films made in uni, don't have those resources available any more sadly.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here