The Escapist Film Festival 2010: What's the Dillio?

What's the Dillio?

A guide to Life with Armadillo's
A short animation featuring Armadillo's
This episode - How to make an animated film

Watch Video

Good stuff albeit a bit of inside humour.

This is exactly what happened to us aswell.

MikeFrost:
Good stuff albeit a bit of inside humour.

This is exactly what happened to us aswell.

What video did yo-OH GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!!!

Man. I think you would have made first cut. If you had an idea about any game related topic. Your animation was good, but like so many I've seen on here they didn't have any idea what topic to use, so they made a video about not having any ideas. That leaves your audience thinking if you start with no ideas then what is the second video going to be about? Your animation was clean and on time, and the voice over was great, the witty humor was good, but you can't start a pilot with "not having any ideas." I'm not saying this to cut you down, because I really enjoyed your video, but to help you see where the problem lies. My video didn't make first cut either, but I think you really had a better chance than I did!

mm2publish:
Man. I think you would have made first cut. If you had an idea about any game related topic. Your animation was good, but like so many I've seen on here they didn't have any idea what topic to use, so they made a video about not having any ideas. That leaves your audience thinking if you start with no ideas then what is the second video going to be about? Your animation was clean and on time, and the voice over was great, the witty humor was good, but you can't start a pilot with "not having any ideas." I'm not saying this to cut you down, because I really enjoyed your video, but to help you see where the problem lies. My video didn't make first cut either, but I think you really had a better chance than I did!

But it wasn't about not having ideas, it was about having an idea but not having a clue as to how to make it a reality. Also, it's meant to be humorous, so I'm cutting it some slack in that department.

This was pretty good overall, but I would have liked to see a 4-5 minute video just to see how ot would turn out. Still, good job, I'll be looking forward to more episodes.

It wasn't horrible! I was interested, but didn't find it funny.

Sounds like if you had more time to work on it, it might have been really good.

Thank you all for the feed back we do appreciate it.
We will take on board all suggestions and try to blend them in with our ideas.

Indeed, though we doubt we'll win(haha, no chance), this isn't the end for What's the Dillio. We'll be updating regularly on Youtube, so feel free to follow us.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here