The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Understanding the EULA

Understanding the EULA

What goes into those eighty-page text files you ignore as you install your new game? Well, it goes a little something like this...

Watch Video

This was good, but the dialogue's pauses were a bit long. I'd definitely like to see more, though.

randommaster:
This was good, but the dialogue's pauses were a bit long. I'd definitely like to see more, though.

Glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate the feedback.

Animation was hideous, but with some work that could be fixed. I liked the idea, but the metaphor was... odd. I was expecting something a little more like Extra Credits.
Also, I'm not sure how you expect to continue this series. More metaphors for odd gaming legal matters? Are you qualified to give legal advice?

Moon_Called:
Animation was hideous, but with some work that could be fixed. I liked the idea, but the metaphor was... odd. I was expecting something a little more like Extra Credits.
Also, I'm not sure how you expect to continue this series. More metaphors for odd gaming legal matters? Are you qualified to give legal advice?

Yes, the animation could and would be improved with more work, but I take some comfort in that it's far from the worst that I've seen in the EFF. (Which is not an excuse; it should look better, especially the ending.)

My point was basically that there are very few things that one would buy on the kind of terms that we accept largely without thought in buying video games, especially computer games.

If I was to go on with this series, I was thinking that the next episode would highlight the various problems and inadequacies of the consoles' motion controllers. I'm not tied to legalitites, though I feel perfectly qualified to comment upon them.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here