Trailers: GoldenEye 007

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

GoldenEye 007

The N64 classic is back and enhanced.

Watch Video

*sigh*
If only they would released on Playstation 3/PC. Looks awesome.

Kajt:
*sigh*

Golden Eye:Source. Still in beta though and you prolly have problems finding a server, but from I heard it captures the feeling quite of the original quite accurate.

Also Dear Team Hollywood, I don't think that GoldenEye is a "Sports" game....

It looks like they've changed it so much that it's only Goldeneye by name and slight map similarities. I doubt I would even get it if I had a Wii.

Awesome trailer. I don't get the point of remaking it though. I guess they think they'll make bank on the nostalgia factor.

TheBlackKnight:

Kajt:
*sigh*

Golden Eye:Source. Still in beta though and you prolly have problems finding a server, but from I heard it captures the feeling quite of the original quite accurate.

Also Dear Team Hollywood, I don't think that GoldenEye is a "Sports" game....

The guy working on that goldeneye source committed sucide, so I doubt it will be developed further. Bit of a downer, but if you were waiting on that, well...

I thought they were going to update the graphics for the remake?

Don't let nostalgia fool you, my friends! Look closely and then watch the trailer for your current favorite xbox/Ps3 Game. THIS game is nothing short of laughable compared to the xbox and ps3's efforts. If this is the best the wii has to offer, that thing can keep gathering dust in the corner...

Boo-urns!! Thats not my GoldenEye. Cheap attempt to capitalize on the nostalgia factor. Shame on you!

Judging from the gameplay videos, this is a Modern Warfare mod, basically. Stick to GE Source.

I dont think it looks all that good.
*hides*

I'll be honest, that didn't look good. In fact, it didn't look much like GoldenEye either. Remakes are fine, but usually they have something in common with the original game, whereas this doesn't seem to be too much like the original at all. Still, I'm sure the multiplayer's fun, it'd be pretty difficult to screw that up.

Thats not Goldeneye. No more than if I had diarrhea in a used Mcdonalds bag and called it duck a l'orange.

TheBlackKnight:
-snip-

I've tried that. All I could find was one scarcely populated server. The game didn't stay on my computer for long.

Looks like ass

"Genre: Sports"?

And Daniel Craig as the original silly style James Bond? That's odd.

Looks very different form the old N64 version. That can be both good and bad.

Looks ok but it doubt it will be any good. Too much has changed from the original that it makes it look like another game. But the multiplayer looks like tons of fun.

Also, the games is listed as "Sports." I'm guessing thats a typo.

I'll do my best to keep the number of blades I jam up it's ass at a minimium.

Problem 1: Bond is NOT blonde! Pierce Brosnan was here, not that new creature, fix it!
Problem 2: Graphics seemed kind of shoddy, but that's forgivable since Goldeneye wasn't the preetiest kid on the block anyway.
Problem 3: What's with him tossing a bunch of guys a parachute and diving off the cliff?
Problem 4: Wii exclusive?! HOW DARE YOU!!!

Fronzel:
"Genre: Sports"?

The reason why they are using Craig is only because Pierce Brosnan has likeness rights.

Huh.

My only thought while watching that was, "Why the hell is Daniel Craig in Goldeneye?"

Zhukov:
Huh.
My only thought while watching that was, "Why the hell is Daniel Craig in Goldeneye?"

dex-dex:

Fronzel:

The reason why they are using Craig is only because Pierce Brosnan has likeness rights.

Seems like a good reason to me. It looks pretty much the same from what I can remember. Don't understand where all this hate is coming from.

Looks like another competent shooter. I'd like to see how it compares to the original, which I consider to be one of the greatest video games.

Wakefield:

Seems like a good reason to me. It looks pretty much the same from what I can remember. Don't understand where all this hate is coming from.

Possibly because Christopher Lee(Scaramanga), Richard Kiel(Jaws) and Harold Sakata (Odd Job) all reprise their roles.

Graphics look disappointing but other than that looks like it could be decent.

Shadowsafter:
Don't let nostalgia fool you, my friends! Look closely and then watch the trailer for your current favorite xbox/Ps3 Game. THIS game is nothing short of laughable compared to the xbox and ps3's efforts. If this is the best the wii has to offer, that thing can keep gathering dust in the corner...

Oh good sir, you have opened my eyes! well, actually... you have opened my eyes to the fact a WII EXCLUSIVE has worse graphics than an Xbox/PS3/PC release would, and literally fuck all else, since you have nothing to say about the gameplay. Shock horror, the graphics aren't as good. Who gives a flying fuck about that? I wish this was coming out on other platforms, because it looks, genuinely like some modern-day fun with the old-school shooter formula.

mindlesspuppet:
It's being made for the Wii... so it looks dated before it's even released. Seems pretty pointless.

Plus Daniel Craig ruins it.

Oh, and who genuinely cares if we don't have the same old low-res face of Pierce Brosnan in this title? does the presence of Daniel Craig really make it worse? what's next, complaining that the dialogue isn't done entirely in text like the wonderful dream-like magic days of old?

They already appear to have taken ludicrous liberties with the rest of the game, and Craig isn't the one who decided that new Bond should be grittier, is he? No, he's just the actor who plays him as the people in charge want. It's a shame that some Bond purists direct the hate at this guy when he's just the face of something the studio decided on. It's not like Craig was the one who said "hey, let's make it all serious and dark!" he was just the guy who got the call that said "Hey Daniel, we're making Bond all serious and dark! want in?" and he said "being a professional actor, I will accept this role, because it pays well and I think I can handle what they're asking of me".

/rant

It's being made for the Wii... so it looks dated before it's even released. Seems pretty pointless.

Plus Daniel Craig ruins it.

InterAirplay:

Shadowsafter:

Oh good sir, you have opened my eyes! well, actually... you have opened my eyes to the fact a WII EXCLUSIVE has worse graphics than an Xbox/PS3/PC release would, and literally fuck all else, since you have nothing to say about the gameplay. Shock horror, the graphics aren't as good. Who gives a flying fuck about that? I wish this was coming out on other platforms, because it looks, genuinely like some modern-day fun with the old-school shooter formula.

Oh, and who genuinely cares if we don't have the same old low-res face of Pierce Brosnan in this title? does the presence of Daniel Craig really make it worse? what's next, complaining that the dialogue isn't done entirely in text like the wonderful dream-like magic days of old?

They already appear to have taken ludicrous liberties with the rest of the game, and Craig isn't the one who decided that new Bond should be grittier, is he? No, he's just the actor who plays him as the people in charge want. It's a shame that some Bond purists direct the hate at this guy when he's just the face of something the studio decided on. It's not like Craig was the one who said "hey, let's make it all serious and dark!" he was just the guy who got the call that said "Hey Daniel, we're making Bond all serious and dark! want in?" and he said "being a professional actor, I will accept this role, because it pays well and I think I can handle what they're asking of me".

/rant

Completely agree with everything in your rant!
I played the original to death, and i truely truely miss the oldschool shooter formula.
Cover systems, health regeneration, "visuals over gameplay" ruined shooters for me.

I like the updated graphics (it looks great for a Wii game). I like that it reprises 4-person splitscreen. As for the gameplay... well we'll see.

But I'm not going to judge it for not being able to use Brosnan's likeness, or being an exclusive Wii title when the original was *gasp* an exclusive N64 title... Bond is bond, and 99% of the time you're not looking at the character's face anyway.

So if it has N64-Goldeneye maps, with updated graphics (and better aiming, oh god did I hate the aiming on the N64 controller), then my curiosity is piqued.

InterAirplay:

/rant

Quoting before before their own post is silly.

This is a remake. There's not much to be said about the gameplay. Thus the only thing to really comment on is the graphics, these graphics already look like they are from the previous generation of consoles -- if not worse. Which begs the question, why remake it at all, as opposed to simply porting the old Golden Eye.

I don't like Daniel Craig, I'm pretty sure this is okay, I am allowed to have an opinion after all. I don't blame he for the direction of the new Bond movies, I know he's just an actor. That being said, actors do have some degree of influence over how they play a role, they act based on their interpretations of the character, I don't like his, that simple.

They could have tried to hire in Brosnan... it looks wierd with all the original characters except the protagonist being in the game...

Yeah, I don't know about this one. They've been trying to make this particular brand of gold lightning strike twice now, for quite some time. They came close with Perfect Dark, but all other attempts have ended poorly, for the most part.

They should have just ported 007 Golden eye onto xbox live, but noooo, Nintendo had to be assholes and keep it for themselves. Well at least XBL got Perfect Dark. I wish Rare would make more viedo games =(

Dear Daniel Craig,
You have ruined James Bond by making him into a lame version of Jason Bourne who doesn't have any cool gadgets, any funny quips, or any personality. Please crawl into a dark corner somewhere and die.

-Yours Truly,
ReiverCorrupter

chewbacca1010:
Yeah, I don't know about this one. They've been trying to make this particular brand of gold lightning strike twice now, for quite some time. They came close with Perfect Dark, but all other attempts have ended poorly, for the most part.

Aside from the ludicrous plot Perfect Dark was a far superior game. It had more depth and options than any game I've played before or since. Now everything is about graphics so no one is going to make games with 60+ weapons that all have second abilities, or co-op AND counter-op. Those were the good old days when developers cared about the quality of their product.

Oh man, that looks gorgeous! I really wanna play it very much but sadly no Wii to play it.

Looks quite fun. The graphics aren't the best, but I am interested in seeing what the games are like.

ReiverCorrupter:
Dear Daniel Craig,
You have ruined James Bond by making him into a lame version of Jason Bourne who doesn't have any cool gadgets, any funny quips, or any personality. Please crawl into a dark corner somewhere and die.

-Yours Truly,
ReiverCorrupter

Dear ReiverCorrupter

Thank you for your letter.

I regret to inform you that your copy of the latest James Bond movies must have had a miss-print in the opening credits. I am an actor hired to play a character. I did not write the script, build the sets, or direct the movies. I feel your feelings must be directed towards the studio and directors of the franchise, and not the cast or crew.

Sincerely

Daniel Craig

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook