Stolen Pixels #241: The Gaming Afterlife

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

"But basically the jist of it is that Italians are all tossers." :P

I'm in the middle of a terrible day and that comic put a smile across my dejected face. Thank you Mr Young, thank you.

Too true, especially the Bioware dialogue (Bless'em).

This is great! Props Shamus for the extra funny comic today.

Commander Shepard, can I punch you in the dick? Sure thing!

Shamus, you are hereby King of the Escapist for today. Thank you for a very funny and true comic. =D [salutes]

Yes, I realize that BioWare made both lists. For the same thing. If you've ever played a BioWare game, then you know what I'm talking about.

No, I do not know what you're talking about. Bioware writes better dialogue than any of the other companies you've mentioned, period.

Jandau:

Yes, I realize that BioWare made both lists. For the same thing. If you've ever played a BioWare game, then you know what I'm talking about.

No, I do not know what you're talking about. Bioware writes better dialogue than any of the other companies you've mentioned, period.

He was taking a jab at the Dialog Tree, or in the case of mass Effect 2, the Dialog Wheel.

Despite there being three answer choices, end result is getting punched in the nuts. For all the great voice acting, when it comes to choices, there really is not right answer to taking a left hook to the jewels.

Revelo:
Shamus, you are hereby King of the Escapist for today. Thank you for a very funny and true comic. =D [salutes]

No joke! May have been my favorite Stolen Pixels EVER! This is absolutely hysterical!

One of the best stolen pixels for a good long time...

(And as an Englishman, I can confirm our cooking is bland, especially compared to Italian cooking)

Jandau:

Some of their choice options are stupid as all hell. Sometimes you can't even choose if you want to do something or not, but only how much you want to do something. And sometimes they just drop the ball and make you go "what the fuck Bioware?"

Examples(SPOILERS!)

OT: Oh, and the gameplay and multiplayer is done by Free Radical, the guys who made Timesplitters.

This made me, your queen, Laugh Out Loud at the Library!

As funny as reusing Bioware there, I'd replace both Obsidian and Bioware with Bethesda in the Hell comic. But it'd be less fun I guess.

Heh, nice idea for a comic. I think Square Enix makes great stories, though. >.> <.<

Being an Italian, and having travelled my share of Europe, I can assure you Shamus that all the stereotypes are true :)

This is the best Stolen Pixels I have read. Thank you.

Firepowered:
Being an Italian, and having travelled my share of Europe, I can assure you Shamus that all the stereotypes are true :)

..Even the french lovers?

This is one of those rare comics that actually made me let out a laugh.

Great comic, gave me a good chuckle

Ain't that the truth.
Also "Commander Shepard, can I punch you in the dick?" made me laugh a lot.

Wait... you used Bioware twice. Is that some kind of stealth pun on them reusing their own character archetypes over and over again?
Nice.

Twad:

Firepowered:

Er... Actually, that's the only one I haven't confirmed yet :)
But british cuisine is indeed quite bad, and it's definitely true that us Italians are tossers.

A good comic indeed! I had a lot of instrospection with it.

AnarchistAbe:

Revelo:

No joke! May have been my favorite Stolen Pixels EVER! This is absolutely hysterical!

I still love the Emperor/chef one the most, but this is RIGHT UP THERE.

Also, which option is the Paragon choice?

And you forgot, in hell you get assaulted by 500 heavies with Natascha every second of every day, and they're all standing within range of at least one dispenser.

Twad:

Firepowered:

Maybe I got a duff one... ;O) Aaaaaanyhow - Loved the comic! Although it's made me realise just how convoluted and plain daft Final Fantasy storylines are. S'pose it's all in the telling though, right?

F'ing genius

A very good comic this week, one I'll be saving that's for sure. Does that count as pirating?

Very good comic full of truth. Thanks for the chuckle, sir!

This is the best Stolen Pixels yet, perhaps only giving up the crown to the original Gamepunx Magazine gag. I feel vindicated for waiting out all the Valve jokes now :-P

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! It's so true

Agree, one of the best stolen pixels yet.

Very clever sir, very clever indeed

King of the Escapist? Nay, he has won at least one full day of interwebs. Hail, King of the internet!

carnkhan4:
One of the best stolen pixels for a good long time...

(And as an Englishman, I can confirm our cooking is bland, especially compared to Italian cooking)

I don´t know...

I really, really like steak'n'ale pie.

I dunno, I think "I'm an underwater football player created by ghosts who travels through time to fight my dad, who has become Satan" is a better story than "I am a space marine, aliens are bad"...

But this is still one of the best you've ever done, Shamus :)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here