Stolen Pixels #241: The Gaming Afterlife

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

ciortas1:
Cut scenes are made by Square Enix? Nono, in heaven, cut scenes are made by Blizzard.

I have to admit, I did think that square enix cutscenes aren't that good - they look too fakey to my eye, and there is something dead in the eyes of all the characters in them. Perhaps its the uncanny valley problem.

Really funny comic - loved it! XD

That has to be one of the best comics I've ever seen. So very funny and so very, very true.

[Renegade Interrupt] (Punch yourself in the dick)

MooseHowl:
That has to be one of the best comics I've ever seen. So very funny and so very, very true.

That sounds more like the paragon option, save him the effort
the Renegade option would be to shoot mr puncher on the balls :DDD

Irridium:
OT: Oh, and the gameplay and multiplayer is done by Free Radical, the guys who made Timesplitters.

This a million times over!

OT: Great comic Shamus. I had as a matter of fact heard of that old joke and this spin on it is great. I'll be sharing this one with friends :D

Excellent!

The "In Hell" part made me laugh harder than "The Battle of LOLOLOLOL".

Keep it up, it's definitely improving.

Firepowered:

Ivan Torres:
Even though its a european saying, I would say that in Heaven the military equipment is made by the U.S. and the technology is designed by Japan.

What's the use of military equipment when you're in Heaven?

I. Don't. Know....

Veterinari:

Sucal:
You forgot that in hell, they are Marketed by Peter Molyneux

What on earth does he do in heaven, then?

Think up new features, ones that hes forbidden from talking about until the dev team actually gets them working as he says they will.

Slavik_91:

MooseHowl:

That sounds more like the paragon option, save him the effort
the Renegade option would be to shoot mr puncher on the balls :DDD

Paragon does it to save the puncher the effort.
Renegade does it because limp-wristed fools who pull their punches can't be trusted to do the job properly. ;)

Shamus Young:
I've never been to Europe, so for me the joke is as true as the European stereotypes on which it's based. But I like the symmetry of it.

Don't worry, it's pretty much true.

Its funny because its true!

"The stories are written by SQUARE ENIX"

"Hi I am an underwater football player created by ghosts who travels through time to fight my dad who has become satan"

That part of the comic actually made me laugh out loud! I usually smirk or just grin but that one got me laughing out loud and as its 4am here i might have woken somebody up! I really enjoyed your comic today.

Cheers!

I still thought NV was tested by Bethesda, not Obsid.

I actually had to desperately stifle a laugh as I did not want to wake my roommate. But the "Can I punch you in the dick" part was hilarious. I laughed just thinking about it to type that sentence.

Firepowered:

InterAirplay:

What? we have Greggs, steak pies, and invented the Fish and Chip shop!

*storms off angrily*

Vetinarii:

You don't like Meat Pies? Cornish Pasties? Haggis? Scotch Egg? Fish and Chips? Yorkshire pudding? Sunday Roast? Eel Pie? Steak and Kidney Pie? Really bad Curry?

Oh yeah I see what you mean.

And especially the french lovers...

Well, I suppose I could have gone for better restaurants during my travels in England.
Unfortunately I was on school trips, and eating fish and chips only for one week straight leaves a REALLY bad impression of the local food :)

Oh Gawd school trips. No. Erm the examples were jokes. Our food is bad except the food we stole from other countries (though not scotland they are as bad as us).

Haha pretty nice. I loved how Bioware was best/worst dialogue, it's so true.

That was brilliant.

But I still love square enix's stories. ^-^

Irridium:

Warachia:

here, I diffuse all of your arguments.

And my rebuttle.

"also, would you rather not have any choice? I'm fine with picking an option out of three to six, but with bioware, people complain if their games aren't plated with diamond studded platinum casing. Why do we hold them to a much higher standard than everyone else?"

All we want are more choices other then pure black/white choices. And choices that aren't the same choice but phrased differently, thats just the illusion of choice.

EDIT: A little hlpful advice, hit preview and proof read things so that you don't screw up spoilers and quotes, I've fixed those here for you.

ZodiacBraves:

Warachia:
also, would you rather not have any choice? I'm fine with picking an option out of three to six, but with bioware, people complain if their games aren't plated with diamond studded platinum casing. Why do we hold them to a much higher standard than everyone else?

First off, I love Bioware games and I am not coming here to bash them.

I loved ME, but my biggest problem with the ME dialogue was the moral choice system. In my first play through there were times that I felt a choice I made shouldn't given me renegade or paragon points. I think this point is well illustrated by Shamus' response in this forum.

Shamus Young:

Vorocano:
-snip-
Great comic all around Shamus! (I myself would have gone with "only a little" to the ball-punching question, though.)

Renegade!

I am not complaining about Mass Effect overall. It is one of my favorite games, and is definitely one of my favorite stories.

I never saw it as a moral choice system, as even on my first playthrough I was able to max out both, a moral choice is where you are stuck on one side or the other, this system is more helps others, helps self, with no forcing to either side. Also, it warns you when you are going to get renegade points, like forcing somebody to do something against their will, or going on personal unauthorised missions, even if it is to kill crime bosses.

Thanks for reminding me about that verse, I love it. Also, your gaming equivalent was hilarius, particularly the parody on Capcom's cut-scenes.

Personally I'd probably thrown in Nintendo, being in charge of the level design in Heaven and the voice-acting in hell

so hey, since were all minecraft fans here, i'll just put this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXS-Ods5gk&feature=player_embedded

Don't mind me, just adding to the 5 pages of "Best.Comic.Ever." comments.

Sucal:
You forgot that in hell, they are Marketed by Peter Molyneux

LMAO. With Kotick as their PR relations.

EDIT: And if you go to Hell, you unlock a new Hat in Team Fortress 2.

Warachia:

EDIT: A little hlpful advice, hit preview and proof read things so that you don't screw up spoilers and quotes, I've fixed those here for you.

And yes, preview is your friend.

Irridium:

Warachia:

Warachia:

Irridium:

Warachia:

Irridium:

Warachia:

Warachia:

Irridium:

Warachia:

Haha, Fallout 3 was so broken. What about New Vegas? What a bug-a-thon!

Good thing those jokes aren't overused and clique!

Oh Shamus, you did it again.

No matter how many times I read this. I keep laughing.

Irridium:

Warachia:

Irridium:

Warachia:

The part with Tidus sealed it for me. FFX is a pretty nonsensical game when you think about it like that.

I laughed so hard, I think I hurt something. And in Hell, all MMO's are billed as "WoW-Killers"- but their servers are always down. In Heaven, they really are, and the servers are Never down.

John Funk:
I dunno, I think "I'm an underwater football player created by ghosts who travels through time to fight my dad, who has become Satan" is a better story than "I am a space marine, aliens are bad"...

But this is still one of the best you've ever done, Shamus :)

its about execution, funk.

holy hell does that need work...

_Janny_:
Heh, nice idea for a comic. I think Square Enix makes great stories, though. >.> <.<

I realize that Square make incredibly complex and intriguing concepts, they just have terrible execution with card board cut out characters, cliche dialogue and saturday morning cartoon morality. Case in point: Final Fantasy XIII.

EDIT: Also Shamus, one of the best stolen pixels to date.

I think the Original Joke Was:

Heaven: Western Man, Russian Woman, Chinese Food and British Country House,

Hell: Russian Man, Western Woman, British Food and Chinese Country House.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here