279: What a Long, Strange Journey It's Been

Pages PREV 1 2

You have to post the entirety of this interview. Now.

Also, there was a great interview with Kaneko in the Nocturne strategy guide.

I want you to know that Y.H.V.H. is not the embodiment of evil in the MegaTen universe.

He also mentions that day to day fashions of normal youth in Japan inspires his art designs. The man just oozes creative talent.

That. Is Megami Tensei embodied.

Thanks for this amazing interview, Ed! I have always wondered where the SMT art designers' creative roots came from...

Looking forward to the complete interview!!

cj_iwakura:
You have to post the entirety of this interview. Now.

Also, there was a great interview with Kaneko in the Nocturne strategy guide.

I want you to know that Y.H.V.H. is not the embodiment of evil in the MegaTen universe.

[/img]

Right. He's just its representative. =P

cj_iwakura:
If I may shill an article I contribute to,

hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten.htm

I help write it. It will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about how ridiculously indepth the history of Megami Tensei is.

Re: the article, good stuff, a bit too focused on SJ though.

Yeah the Hardcore Gaming 101 article is great - definitely worth the read.

I wanted the article to cover Megaten more holistically (at least my experience with the PS2 games in the franchise I've played, such as Nocturne and DDS) but SJ is Kaneko-san's latest baby so that's what Atlus Japan wanted to emphasize (and understandibly so!) But what I love about the series is the consistency, the core combat, negotiation, and fusion systems remain intact from title to title, so a lot of the questions and answers are applicable no matter what SMT game you're talking about.

II do enjoy Strange Journey, but I think it was marketed somewhat misleadingly by Atlus USA. It's a successor to SMT 1 & 2, not Nocturne. Still pretty close, but I'm still waiting for a true next-gen core SMT.

cj_iwakura:
II do enjoy Strange Journey, but I think it was marketed somewhat misleadingly by Atlus USA. It's a successor to SMT 1 & 2, not Nocturne. Still pretty close, but I'm still waiting for a true next-gen core SMT.

And by the looks of it, Catherine is not it. Still, it looks damn interesting.

GeneticallyModifiedDucks:

cj_iwakura:

Catherine's going to be incredible. Stunned this site hasn't mentioned it yet. It is by far the weirdest game I've ever seen.

cj_iwakura:

GeneticallyModifiedDucks:

cj_iwakura:

Catherine's going to be incredible. Stunned this site hasn't mentioned it yet. It is by far the weirdest game I've ever seen.

Yes, they have.

I really enjoy the MegaTen series, but I do have to disagree: sometimes the difficulty is unfair. It's not always about planning, sometimes cheap deaths just have to happen.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here