Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Roofstone:
I giggled at the freezing ending to his life. Though I wanna ask one thing: Hardcore, is it immersive.. Or just a pain in the royal arse?

I enjoyed it. You only need to drink like once a day, eat every two days if you have good food, and sleep almost never. The only thing that's hard about it is the fact that you can't fix your limbs with a stimpack. If you consider having to make sure that you have food and water on you immersive, then yes.

Damn, I was hoping he would review something new and interesting... like Vanquish...

There are three constants in man's life. Death, Taxes, and Bethesda games that will bug out and crash.

Doing this style of review definitely worked for Demon's Souls, but here it isn't very instructive.

Though it is nice to know that others want to limit their kleptomania on Hardcore mode because it makes things too easy.

heh...
loved the choice of music!

do de do de do de do de doody do do

Master10K:

Leviathan_:
I knew you were going to comment on the bugs.

You can't really talk about New Vegas without at least mentioning the bugs. Shame he didn't mention the more humorous bugs & glitches.

Glad they At least owned up to it themselves and released a patch. Now if only they did that at launch.

Way to spice it up a bit. I liked it. Very good.

Haha, funny review as always Yahtzee.

I suppose this means you found it "alright" like Fallout 3?

Hmm. How many games exactly do you think are more than "alright"? I know you're a cynic, but other than Half-Life and Silent Hill... are you not impressed with anything?

Roofstone:
I giggled at the freezing ending to his life. Though I wanna ask one thing: Hardcore, is it immersive.. Or just a pain in the royal arse?

It's a challenge, so I guess it's on the immersive side of pain in the arse. And you will never be king.

Okysho:
lol! It froze at the end. Well there's another game I don't have to be ashamed of not owning

Pick it up on Black Friday, by then they will have a good number of the bugs sorted out. But you noticed how his only criticisms were soda makes you dehydrated (it does) and it crashed. He had more anger when it came to Batman and he said that was one the better games he has picked up.

I get the feeling there's going to be a few hundred people asking, "Did he like it or did he hate it?" before the week is out.
And yeah, those giant flies are insane. Not the bloatflies, mind you; those things are the retarded cousins of the Cazadors (or chest-rapists as I call them, after all the times I've had my torso smashed by their mighty stingers).

"The international rule of go fuck yourself" was pure gold

That pretty much sums up the game! More bugs in it than an Ant hill!
I'm surprised you didn't mention the invisible walls that kept fucking my journeys over the mountains!

Heh. I agree on some points. The hardcore mode sadly didn't do anything for the immersion and the iron sights on most of the rifles seemed like someone had filled them with chewing gum.

On the positive side, I think the game managed to capture the feeling of Fallout better than number three did. The Wild Wasteland trait is a nice touch. It will hopefully improve the replay value a lot.

Edit: Also, fucking cazadors. Trying to move over a mountain is hell because they're all over the place and they are suprisingly hard to kill. Whatever creature it was that evolved into the cazador should be annihilated completely. With a blunt stone knife. NOW!

There's something very cathartic about seeing a game freeze up on Yahtzee.

I choose to believe he liked it :P

Interesting new way to review, though it lacks a bit of the reveiw part. I still love it~

Entertaining as hell.

Dear Yahtzee,

Thank you for redeeming The Escapist for the week. We were unfortunately tainted by Moviebob being a complete and total dumbfuck yesterday. For this, I might name one of my children after you. Probably not though.

-Marcus

its like he had all of 5 hours to play the game before he posted his umm review.....seems like maybe there should be a part 2 when he has time to platy you know the 60 or so plus hours it takes to get thur the game, bugs not counting on that playtime.

me i got about 120 hours in nv, while it does take a game a good bit to get moving along it is a great game, and a patch due out "soon" for consoles to fix some issues. pc already has 3 patches and a community bug patch fixing many quest issues.

crudus:
Caffeine takes water to process which is probably why it has a negative effect. Thank you yahtzee. My intention was to use this review to see if the game was worth buying. It isn't.

Beat me to it, but thank you for providing clarification.

I disliked this review, simply because there wasn't much criticism in it. I suppose it's because he's reviewing an expansion pack, which I do not think is very necessary if he has already reviewed the game which has been expanded upon.

Unnecessary review + experimental way to go about it = a sad start to my Wednesday. It's like waiting a week for your favorite Anime, and then finding out that it's just a bunch of filler.

My screen froze just as his screen froze.

Made me all sad and stuff.

=(

Nice to see him do something a bit different though.

That was a very interesting review... I personally like Fallout New Vegas...
About bugs... YES that can be annoying, but I haven't found too many(PC version).
Hardcore mode is a very good thing, because it makes you miserable life more harder with ammo weight...

snowman6251:
I like when Yahtzee does these different kind of reviews. Not so much a review but a tale this time around.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it as a sort of "log" of his travels. I say "log" because he'd probably object to calling it what it is, a diary. ;)

But...IS IT GOOD !? I guess its alright just like F3.

And its not seawater, but sugar. Yes sugar also dehydrates, albeit slower then salt. As in salty water.

gigastrike:

Roofstone:

I enjoyed it. You only need to drink like once a day, eat every two days if you have good food, and sleep almost never. The only thing that's hard about it is the fact that you can't fix your limbs with a stimpack. If you consider having to make sure that you have food and water on you immersive, then yes.

You can fix your limbs with Doctor's Kit which only fix them a meager amount, so save them for when crippled. Or you can get this new chem called Hydra which makes them regenerate damage. The "Rad Child" perk can also regenerate limb damage, provide you're willing to stand in toxic waste for a while.

Also ammo weighs, and that can be a bit of a pain.

Good review. Liked the variation on it, which is understandable considering FO:NV is basically FO3 with a slightly different skin and some new missions.

Drunkbot:
This is why I wait for the Game of the Year Edition. Hopefully by then the beta will be over and all the annoying lock ups and glitches will be gone.

Plus you get the inevitable DLC included on the disk.

Anyways, to people asking where the review is he already said that fallout 3 was similar enough that he didn't have to go back and say the same things over again.

Fallout new vegas is a good game if you liked Fallout 3. It improves some mechanics and adds a few more, gives you more weapons and sinks the story back into the popular mythos. What it doesn't do is diverge too heavily from the first installment and that could be either good or bad dependent on what you thought of fallout 3.

Dante Spears:
While good comedic value, where the hell was the review?

He said it's the same thing as Fallout 3, hence no need to review. It was a great tale of a stalwart hero making his journey to new bug city.

Great review! Especially with "In the Mood" thrown in there. Hearken back to the old days of unlicensed music, eh?

I liked the little day-by-day commentary. Good to change up things a bit.

The international law of fuck you part reminded me of Morrowwind and how killing some one in that game would give you the stuff they where carrying, there house and every thing in it.

Almost sounded like he was really into it right up until the end, but from everything I've been hearing about the game I'm not too surprised.

I haven't been following any news about the game since it's release. ETA on fixing the game or does it look like this is going to be another Obsidian let down?

So umm what did he like it? Honestly this game has no branston pickle in it (to use yatzhees term) which is amazing as I hate branston pickle! Not so keen on the whole gambling aspect of it but divserity is just amazing

a somewhat weired review but hey good none the less

Ooh great review.
Gave me all the more lust to buy it *no sarcasm intended*.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here