Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Dante Spears:
While good comedic value, where the hell was the review?

He already reviewed it. Look up "Fallout 3".

I enjoyed the review, but I get the feeling he missed the point of New Vegas...or maybe that is the point?

Basically, if you liked Fallout 3 or any of the Fallout games, you'll like NV because it was written by people who can actually design and write a plot for a damned RPG unlike those tallentless jackoffs over at Bethesda.

But if you hated Fallout 3 or any of the Fallout games, you'll hate this one. So why the hell would you even give a damn about this game. I hated Halo and surprisingly I didn't like any of the other Halo games either.

Best. Zp. Ever.

i was laughing all the way through XD

great review as always, you tell it how it is.

You know, soda does infact dehydrate you, the sugar and flavoring dissolved in it makes it nearly on par with sea water.
This is especially true for soda with caffeine (IE most of them). That one makes you piss more, so you lose even more water that way.

Sooo........ you.... liked.... it?

Im totally confused on weather you enjoyed it or not.

Best Review EVERRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I found myself laughing at this. I liked his immersive attempt at trying to actually immerse himself in the game. I also like how every time a game gets ripped to shreds by the public (bugs bugs bugs copypaseoffallout3 bugs hurp derp) Yahtzee figures out a way to be original with his review. Kudos.

Wow that was kinda creepy, he just described my entire experience with the game from start to finish. Or freeze, rather.

LOL i love how people were agreeing with him before the video could have actually been played lol. Nice video. i enjoyed the "Role Playing" aspect of it.

Wow, that was dead on accurate, play through the gmae, dont go straight north of your starting town till you have more firepower then a gunship, and enjoy the plethora of crashes when you actually get to vegas
fun game though, i must admit
and its fallout 3.0000001

Gah, doublepost, sorry

Dante Spears:
While good comedic value, where the hell was the review?

He says in the first 30 seconds that he's already reviewed this game because it's basically just an addon pack to Fallout 3. So if you want the review, go watch his old fallout 3 review

Never a dull moment.

(Seriously, giant killer flies?)

So true rofl...

Whew... After several 'meh' episodes, ZP returns to it's normal awesomeness. I laughed a lot.

Also, New Vegas is great, despite the bugs.

It still amazes me that people give Yahtzee's opinion any sort of weight. He's a comedian not a critic, folks. He may point out things that are worth your time to consider, but if you base your purchasing decision solely upon his 'reviews', you're really doing yourself a disservice. You may bleat now. Thank you.

About all that was really relevent was the bit about how it's basically 'Fallout: More Edition', and the lock-up... which, come to think of it, isn't really all that accurate, because the damn thing locks up on me constantly. If he only experienced the one, and it was that far into the game (at least 4-6 hours of playing), he should consider himself lucky.

this review is what I need, I have a friend that bands on about fallout 3 and has been practically wetting himself every time new vagas is mentioned, so I will probably drag this review right up to his face like a dead body, I hope yatzee reviews black opp's I WANT BLOOD I WANT BLOOD I WANT BLOOD.

played it for 2 hours at a friends house.

Felt 2 emotions

1) Uggh, not this shit again...
2) why the hell am I staying indoors?

It sucked for me.

If you like fallout 3, get this game.
If you're a mister nostalgia like me for Fallout 1&2, this piece of shit feels like "oblivion with guns in a depressing landscape 2".

I can't even tell if he even liked the game haha. Since he actually did like Fallout 3 (more than his review let on actually), my guess is "kind of" but is held down by bugs.

On the topic of bugs, over 15 hours the game has froze on me twice, with the odd AI pathfinding bug but so far nothing the prevents progression or casual hours of enjoyments (before crashes of course). All in all New Vegas is superior to Fallout 3 WIHTOUT the bugs but given it came out 2 years after, the comparison isn't that much...

...meh, I'm still loving it.

solidstatemind:
It still amazes me that people give Yahtzee's opinion any sort of weight. He's a comedian not a critic, folks. He may point out things that are worth your time to consider, but if you base your purchasing decision solely upon his 'reviews', you're really doing yourself a disservice. You may bleat now. Thank you.

About all that was really relevent was the bit about how it's basically 'Fallout: More Edition', and the lock-up... which, come to think of it, isn't really all that accurate, because the damn thing locks up on me constantly.

this people is why I want to make being a yahtzee fan a religious opinion

zelda2fanboy:
Damn, I was totally into that story. I think I'd probably watch a two hour Yahtzee Fallout story. You know, so long as it didn't freeze.

Hahaha. You said exactly what I was thinking.

How much d'you reckon we'd need to pay Yahtzee to get him to do some kind of storytelling once a week?

Either way, the review has made me reconsider 'rushing out' to get New Vegas.

Still seems like it's worth a playthrough, and by the time I feel obliged to buy it, hopefully they will have ironed out all the bugs.

I do have to wonder if the flies at the beginning of the story were a metaphor for bugs in the game..

I always enjoy Yahtzee's reviews, although on this occasion i reckon he didnt put enough emphasis on the buggy crap. This title is really called Fallout because I am seriously starting to fall out with my reset button which i have to hit 20 or 30 times a day since i started playing this. Having said that i still appreciate these reviews more then the smarmy comments by some individuals who sit in their ivory towers making snide comments about yahtzee and anyone who listens to him

This game's got glitches by the number,
bugs by the score,
each day I try to get somewhere
and each day it crashes more
This game's got gliches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,
'cause the quests I do stop counting
and the game picks when to end.

I've heard four songs so many times on the radio (this one and Big Iron have actually on occasion played twice in a row), all I can do is make up new lyrics.

"Play it again,
Johnny Retard"

The best ZP I've seen in a long time! Cheers!

Roofstone:
I giggled at the freezing ending to his life. Though I wanna ask one thing: Hardcore, is it immersive.. Or just a pain in the royal arse?

Well, it makes things tougher. Stimpaks heal over time etc. so you might consider it just a pain in the arse. But I think it's immersive and very very fun.

See, apart from the last few seconds, that sounded fucking fun.

Roofstone:
I giggled at the freezing ending to his life. Though I wanna ask one thing: Hardcore, is it immersive.. Or just a pain in the royal arse?

Pain in the Royal arse.

Great rev.. hmm.. video. Havent tried hardcore mode ,because the game told me not to at the beginning ,even if it is an oversized DLC for fo3 i still loved it ,but those flies and giant scorpions are really a pain in the ass ,even at higher levels i keep getting my ass handed to me by those things ,unless i want to waste most of my supplies fighting them..

I found this very interesting and amusing, totally awesome =P

It's not an expansion Yahtzee, don't be silly

"It wasn't stealing because they attacked me, so it's mine under the international law of go fuck youself" Best line ever. You listening, Israel?

Didi he like it or not?

his best yet, a whole new twist on his video.....hilarious, witty, and creative (gold star for old people who let you drink toilet water)

Anyone recall the name of the music used in this video? I used to know, but I can't recall, and now I want to hunt it down.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here