I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 35: Failing To Speak Gnollish

Episode 35: Failing To Speak Gnollish

Captured party members try to entice the gnoll into freeing them, while the rest of the party escapes to nearby towns or investigates a building for shelter.

Watch Video

You guys really like your chihuahuas, is there some unspoken rules that cat-lovers can't play?

Is Mandy feeling any better after her illness at Halloween? I'm sending her fangirl love everyday :)

No Frankie makes me sad!

I love that KK always ends up naked and seperated from the group...

Random history/theology lesson: One of the pictures that flashed up was of St.Christopher, the patron saint of travellers and for some reason in the 13th century he was thought to be a cynocephali (a dog-headed man)...

KK really seemed to be in to the whole being tied up thing which is great on just so many levels. :) Although having a raw piece of her own dead dog thrown at her must have sucked.

With Mandy having high tailed it out of there with everybody's stuff and the party now having separated I'm curious to see how they find each other and get back together. Not to mention what's going to happen to Connie and Satine, who I'm guessing just found the Gnoll stronghold.

And finally, that is one multi-lingual gnoll.

They almost pass the dog to whoever's turn it is, like the shell from Lord of the Flies.

Sleep with them ALL. Or you know, just the guard cause it will be a distraction while Bobbi gets out and kills him. But what ever works for you girls.

Very clever shackles removal! A natural D&D talent!

This sode seemed short with not much content, I guess that's what happens when the party get split, Mandy and Connie are so hot...

I spied toki doki :) and will the team get back together sooon? Find out next time on I HIT IT WITH MY AXE!!!

I really enjoyed this episode guys, and for the first time ever I watched it before ZP. And I don't know if I can give you a bigger compliment than that. KK has been making me laugh all through this session. I love in the absence of Frankie how Connie and Satine seem to be palling up more and getting in there own adventures. Mandie seems to have her own agenda and doing her own thing and thats very interesting to watch. Bob Star (thats my British translation of her name:)) just fits in so naturaly it makes you want her to be there permantly. Also really liked the iconography in todays segment, it's like Movie Bob with class;) I don't know what I am trying to say here guys as I have had a few bears this evening, but if I could I would invite you all round my house for your dinner. Stay safe, catch you next week.

Hehehe, gnoll speak was funny. It's tough dividing time when the party splits up. Is the other game in the same world blogged?

I Like Bobbi, can we keep her! can we? can we!?

I just lol'd when they went back to the town they burnt down.
"But that was an off episode game!"
"Doesn't matter, same world. 2 people and their dog burnt down the whole town while trying to kill a vampire....not naming any names. *cough*"

I wish my D&D games were as awesome as these. I think we need a new DM.

Too bad Bobbi can't stay. She could be the New Frankie.

Great stuff! I was hoping the camera might get to see what Zak wrote down as to what the Gnoll told Bobbi. Excited to see what comes of this new separation.

Do you think if the gnoll had accepted KK's offer of sex, they'd have done it doggy style?
Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll go back in to my corner now.

wtf is this, im so confused

I was actually thinking about the doggy style thing myself. It seems the obvious...answer.

I always thought that gnolls were like trolls, but they´re hyenamen, knowing that this episode suddenly turns way cooler.

I watched this episode with my cat Houdini on my lap. I would never be able to play a game with him on my lap since he would turn into some unexpected monster just like in Sim City, but I can watch this show.

I really got a kick out of the charm offensive that failed on the gnoll.

Also, good thinking on the shackle size differences dwarf! GO GO DWARF SMARTS!

The funny thing I thought of about the whole dwarf-wrists-versus-gnoll-wrists is the fact that, according to most pictures of D&D dwarves, a dwarf's wrist would actually be thicker than a gnoll's wrist, not thinner, since dwarves are short, but they're also wide, which is why they're only 4' and change but still considered medium, not small... and are able to wield their racial Dwarven Waraxe one-handed, when any other race has to take proficiency in the weapon in order to do so, because dwarves just have huge hands. :P

Also, am I the only one that thought, upon hearing the gnoll say something about "How many gnolls you wanted" to Bobbi after KK's sexual bribe, that this might devolve into some kind of gnollish gangbang? :P

Final geekish note: Gnolls, being hyena-men, actually have as much in common with cats as they do with dogs, since they were descended from civet-like creatures, which are cat-like, then evolved into a canine-like species... they're actually their own unique species. :P

Not to be crass, but if you tell a gnoll "I'll have sex with you if you let me go," the obvious response from a bestial, savage, hyena man would be "Well, you're helpless and chained to the wall. If I get a taste for some human or dwarf tang, then I don't HAVE to let you go." All you are doing with that offer is putting ideas in his head.
It's a credit to Zak that he didn't go down that road.

Well offered willing sex could be considered to be a lot more fun than straight up rape. So y'know it's always worth offering (as far as escape tactics go)...

mandymorbid:
Well offered willing sex could be considered to be a lot more fun than straight up rape. So y'know it's always worth offering (as far as escape tactics go)...

I'm with Mandy on this one. Less effort required to dominate means more time/thoughts/energy for fun/fun/fun.

Not that bestial domination doesn't have its place in the universe...

Sorry it has taken me so long to post...but I'm in LA at a music conference...so crazy busy...and I've just gotten the chance to watch the episode.

This was a wonderful episode full of lots of good RP and ideas and forward momentum. Plus it was really fun. I'm with everyone else, I hope Bobbi Star gets to stay!

Okay, I have been trying to avoid this, but this time it is unavoidable. I must award the MVP award to the entire ensemble! Connie for her RPing of taking care of her friend. Satine for the 4 Wisdom. Bobbi for the shackles. KK for the trying to seduce the gnoll guard. Mandy for the burning down of the town pleas of innocence.

Great job!

Am I the only one to find this whole thing really boring?
Okay I know not everything is for everyone but seriously the majority of the posts here are about how "hot" the women are. If you want to see "hot" women there are better things on the internet, trust me. I just don't find any entertainment value in the videos.

OK, so I have to ask... WTF, Mandy?! Taking off in the middle of a fight, abandoning the group in dire straits without a healer and riding off NOT back to Vornheim, but to Olgrave - and NOT to get help or anything, but to SELL STUFF?! Tizane has always been very courageous and loyal to the party (to the point of being almost motherly at times) and then she just... leaves? Is there a method to your madness, or is the eeeeevil tiefling blood in you starting to take over?

BrashHulk:
OK, so I have to ask... WTF, Mandy?! Taking off in the middle of a fight, abandoning the group in dire straits without a healer and riding off NOT back to Vornheim, but to Olgrave - and NOT to get help or anything, but to SELL STUFF?! Tizane has always been very courageous and loyal to the party (to the point of being almost motherly at times) and then she just... leaves? Is there a method to your madness, or is the eeeeevil tiefling blood in you starting to take over?

I'm sure all will be revealed in time, until then though, Mandy posted this last week:

mandymorbid:

Heh--Zak and Mandy have been dating and living together for over 4 years now.
I had my reasons to "run off" and I wasn't heading to Vornheim--just in that direction to start with. ;) Someone's gotta look out for Mirror's corpse y'know what with the flesh eating Gnolls about.

But I'm looking forward to finding out what's going on too.

What I really can't help but thinking, is that this show is put up once a week. The Episodes clearly depict less than one game days worth of playing, but it is claimed that they play each week. Doesn't this mean we are falling further and further behind the actual progression of the game?

mythil:
Am I the only one to find this whole thing really boring?
Okay I know not everything is for everyone but seriously the majority of the posts here are about how "hot" the women are. If you want to see "hot" women there are better things on the internet, trust me. I just don't find any entertainment value in the videos.

I don't watch it for "hot women." I watch it because--

a) I started playing RPGs in 1984...and like most folks in my generation, I started with D&D. I still play RPGs, and I like watching RPGs being played.

b) I don't like D&D much nowadays, but Zak is such a good GM that he makes be want to play in a fantasy campaign again.

c) The players are really fun. They enjoy themselves and come up with really fun ideas. It feels like I know them and would love to be around the table with them...because they seem like they'd be fun to game with. Though, I'd try to convince them to play a GURPS one off.

Keep up the good work Zak and Co!

Zechnophobe:
What I really can't help but thinking, is that this show is put up once a week. The Episodes clearly depict less than one game days worth of playing, but it is claimed that they play each week. Doesn't this mean we are falling further and further behind the actual progression of the game?

Obviously.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here