The Escapist's Final Fantasy Cosplay Gallery

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Escapist's Final Fantasy Cosplay Gallery

We asked you all to send in your Final Fantasy cosplay, and you sure did.

Read Full Article

Pretty sure the girl next to Lightning on page 19 is Paine, from Final Fantasy X-2...

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-01/ff10-2-paine.html

Diana Kingston-Gabai:
Pretty sure the girl next to Lightning on page 19 is Paine, from Final Fantasy X-2...

Could be. On the other hand, given the number of silver-haired characters wearing black leather in JRPGs? :P

I'm pretty sure Page 19's silver haired person is the new protagonist in Final Fantasy Versus XIII. You know, that game no-one has heard from or seen gameplay of? The game that's holding up Kingdom Hearts 3? That one.

Either way, all the cosplays are awesome. Makes me want to as all these galleries do.

Calumon: Please don't dress up like me. : (

A Lenna!
*Vorty does a little dance.
I hold FF5 up as the best of the series and fight its underratedness whenever I can.

I tend to think that due to its troubled release (no SNES release outside Japan being a huge factor here) it doesn't have as many fans that have fond memories of it and thus is never really considered. It simply fell by the wayside. As I never owned a NES or SNES and played every single FF way later I didn't have any such predisposition toward any of the games.

Very nice Quistis too. Probably my favorite character from any FF. Close run with Faris.

Auron in 23 IS Auron. He will end you.

The Quistis costume in 22 is great too, you don't see many of those around.

My favorite would probably have to be Shadow in 16. That could have easily gone into 'generic ninja' look, but it takes a real pro to accurately depict an Amano portrait like that.

This is actually just the main cast from 8-Bit Theater, methinks.

Except for the penguin.

That would explain the lack of Black Belt, as he's a very minor character.

Or it could just be FF1. I'm happy either way!

Diana Kingston-Gabai:

No, that cosplayer is clearly making some deliberate choices that don't match Paine at all. The hair color, the costume coverage, the pouches.

I was thinking Kaja from Advent Children, but that can't be it either I don't think.

Jack and Calumon:
I'm pretty sure Page 19's silver haired person is the new protagonist in Final Fantasy Versus XIII. You know, that game no-one has heard from or seen gameplay of? The game that's holding up Kingdom Hearts 3? That one.

Either way, all the cosplays are awesome. Makes me want to as all these galleries do.

You are absolutely right. Good call! In fact, you can buy that costume on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Versus-Noctis-Cosplay-Costume/dp/B00469TTRG

I don't know. Noctis clearly has black hair there. I think the cosplayer may have confused their sources a bit and thus created Paintis.

The Riona on page 2 is adorable. I want one for Christmas.

Riona on page 2 looks exactly like her.

She wins the gallery man.

2-She nailed the costume and the attitude. She's very pretty, and to think she hand made it. Amazing girl.

10-Holy...That's amazing. I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like making that costume.

13-Always fun to see a group of friends get together and do something like that.

21-NOOO! Not again! Quick, someone stop him! Phoenix Down!

27-Not only a great costume, but a great pose and backdrop. How come I don't know any girls who like to do this stuff?

28-MOOGLE!

Very nice. Some of those costumes show really impressive craftsmanship. Auron in 23 takes the cake, though.

These are REALLY good.
I HAVE JEALOUSY!!

Makes me want to actually dress up as Greece from Hetalia one time with this one chick that keeps on bugging me to go with her.

Oh, and they guy who did Nero, I want your babies.

I only like auron and girls, oh, its just auron and girls.

The guy doing Auron on page 23 did it really well.

Jack and Calumon:

At the very most the person cosplaying you is cute.

I recognize Adella from Page 8 and KValentine Turk but I forgot the page

Some of those girls were super hot. And the guy who dressed as Auron in front of the closed store was AMAZING, give the man props for making that suit irriplacable. And i screamed and giggled when i saw shadows costume as well, very well done.

While I myself am not interested in cosplay (and i probably wouldn't do it if I were asked to), I really respect the effort these guys do to cosplay. The pictures were very amusing.

Vortigar:
A Lenna!
*Vorty does a little dance.
I hold FF5 up as the best of the series and fight its underratedness whenever I can.

I sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure out who exactly Lenna was, I managed to get 5 confused with 6 then realized I didn't remember her because Galuf is way cooler.

I think all the heterosexual males that viewed the gallery will agree with me that the Tifa's boobs were definitely not big enough. Not a shot at the ladies doing the cosplay but can anyone tell me that the first time they saw Tifa in VII the size of her boobs wasn't the first thing they noticed.

The first Rinoa, first Aerith, and last Tifa were by far the best three.

Nothing beats the chocofro on Sazh.

Final Fantasy Tactics cosplay ....That makes me smile.

The surprise: A few of those costumes genuinely impressed me with their excellent craftsmanship.

The un-surprise: Essentially no-one made them look good.

I'm just glad to see people dressing as characters from FF VIII I loved that one, although none from IX :(

The Auron pics(1, 23) and FFXIII group shot (pic5) were my faves, but I give serious props to all of them for the sheer dedication they put into making their costumes.
+ Isn't pic6 O'aka XXIII from FFX/X-2?
+ I think the guy next to Lightning is Kadaj from Advent Children.

Onyx Oblivion:

This is actually just the main cast from 8-Bit Theater, methinks.

Except for the penguin.

That would explain the lack of Black Belt, as he's a very minor character.

Or it could just be FF1. I'm happy either way!

Yeah I'd say 8BT was the intention here. And Blackbelt wasn't just minor, he was dead, for good, no take backsies.

Wow... some of those are really impressive!

Sometimes I wish I could pull something like that off, but...I only really could for characters that I don't like. :(

Shadow was my personal favorite... maybe because FFVI was my favorite...

I only find cosplaying acceptable when they're not obvious to non-gamers. Like Rinoa in the 2nd pic, she could be mistaken for a fashion student, etc.

Tifa (27) is good as well. Too many look like they're wearing plastic...

I was not expecting mine (24) to get in... It's the Worst of the Lot

About the Nero cosplay...
Um....it's...it's a girl...and it's me....
XD
Thanks for the previous comment about it though! XD

The clear heals on that shiva costume is really clever and creates an awsome effect. Got to give mad props to these costums.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here