Trailers: L.A. Noire

Pages 1 2 NEXT

L.A. Noire

Rockstar Games announces their next title, L.A. Noire.

Watch Video

So that's what they've been up to. Guess we won't be hearing about GTA V until mid-2011 at the earliest. Still, L.A. Noire doesn't look bad as long as the game mechanics are dope.

The facial expressions look awesome!!!

Eagi:

Just about to say that. I really hope this is a good one.

Looks just as awesome as the GameInformer article said it would!

Lono Shrugged:

Eagi:

That isn't ordinary CG buddy.

http://gameinformer.com/games/la_noire/b/xbox360/archive/2010/11/11/l-a-noire-preview.aspx

Is it just me, or does one of the guys in the trailer look like Harry Shearer?

Anyway, hey, it's Rockstar, worth at least paying attention to.

RPG? Open world thing? Mafia II clone? WHAT WILL IT BE?

Edit: OK, Mafia II cousin, but with an open world actually filled with things to do.

K, why the heck do all these rockstar games look the same? Realy, wtf? This is supposed to be a noir game, isnt it? Why not mix up the usual look-as-real-as-possible graphicks with some, well NOIR STYLE.Camera, actin, characters, heck, just making it black and whit would help. Go watch Maltese falcon to see what I'm talking about.

OMG!!! They actually look like their voice actor! BITCHIN!!!

This looks very good.. Me want!

Is the main character Ken Cosgrove? Cause it looks just like him

emptee:
K, why the heck do all these rockstar games look the same? Realy, wtf? This is supposed to be a noir game, isnt it? Why not mix up the usual look-as-real-as-possible graphicks with some, well NOIR STYLE.Camera, actin, characters, heck, just making it black and whit would help. Go watch Maltese falcon to see what I'm talking about.

It's 1:09 seconds long, I'm curious what you think was going to happen.

Nice. Looks like Jayden part of Heavy Rain mixed with Mafia. The old trailer from 2006 got me interested, now I'm ready for the hype train. I'm definitely going to buy it on D1, even if Mass Effect 3 will be released on the same day.

I hope the faces look that awesome in game as well as in trailers... even if it's just for cutscenes...

Very LA Confidential.

They even have an Irish chief of police. "Any valediction, boyo?"

Those facial animations are something though, never seen anything like it from an ingame engine.

Voice-acting and facial animation looks amazing.

Also I love the setting and premise: don't know of another game that may have as much style and class as this one (potentially Mafia: City of Lost Heaven - but it'd be close :P).

Ne1butme:
Is the main character Ken Cosgrove? Cause it looks just like him

Yeah - the character voice-acting Cole Phelps (according to the Game Informer preview) is the same guy who voices Cosgrove (Aaron Staton). I guess they also based the character model on him as well - as R* normally do with their voice actors.

Now this looks kick ass.

I am totally going to preorder it once I know some more information.

And, HA, I doubt it'll make it to Spring '11. Color me surprised if it does.

So if Red dead redemption= Old western GTA then L.A. Noire= Late 1900's(don't actually know when the game takes place) GTA

law of syllogism

sounds good

Those facial animations are insane. If this doesn't come out for PC I'm going to be sad :(

Wow! It's a good thing they made me put in my date of birth first! That was almost as violent and sexual as an NCIS rerun!

My bet is that it plays just like GTA4 and Red Dead. If I'm right it seems kind of repetitive to feel like you're playing the same damn game over and over but it's Rockstar, so of course I'm in. I even bought that damn Table Tennis game because I love them so.

I've been looking forward to LA Noire ever since it was PS3 exclusive, I can't wait!

it looks like a really interesting game but when i saw the name this is what i thought of

emptee:

They have. Just watch their previous trailer. I am assuming this trailer is to tease some gameplay elements and their super expensive mocap equipment. Also this game is created by their Australian dev team Bondi, so might hold their logo but could be a different feel.

As I understand it, it's like a mix of Heavy Rain and the usual rockstar open world format. Apparently, there are scenes where you have to decipher emotion as you are interrogating, and figure out yourself whether they are lying or not.

So it's a murder mystery game, and have been tirelessly trying to get facial expressions right. Sorry read an article in EDGE a while ago about this game.

looks like some old school movies.... and you play a detective, oh rockstar, you make me a very happy man sometimes.

looks like rockstar has officially pulled gaming out of the uncanny valley :D

rustedfaith:

emptee:

They have. Just watch their previous trailer. I am assuming this trailer is to tease some gameplay elements and their super expensive mocap equipment. Also this game is created by their Australian dev team Bondi, so might hold their logo but could be a different feel.

As I understand it, it's like a mix of Heavy Rain and the usual rockstar open world format. Apparently, there are scenes where you have to decipher emotion as you are interrogating, and figure out yourself whether they are lying or not.

So it's a murder mystery game, and have been tirelessly trying to get facial expressions right. Sorry read an article in EDGE a while ago about this game.

I read that - Also, im going to diverse slightly before continuing and say: "If you want inferior graphics, play with your TV settings, or Monitor settings. You can make things look as stupid or artsy as you want" - A friend of mine

Anyway
OT: The theme is a completely different take to what Rockstar usually does, and is an avenue that hasnt been tapped by gaming for a long time.

Well it looks pretty, but that's not hard these days // My only question is are you playing the Cops of Gangsters in this one?

-M

Azaraxzealot:
looks like rockstar has officially pulled gaming out of the uncanny valley :D

I was totally thinking the opposite :S

The trailer doesn't really impart any information on the game apart from the name so I'm reserving judgement.

Game Informer did a big spread about this game months ago. They use this new form of performance capture to film the actor in full make-up and then it translates directly into a nearly finished animation with color and everything. Takes forever, though. And it looks like the faces are gonna be a bit floaty, but I'll deal. The game involves reading facial expressions and body language during interrogations as well as your standard action and clue-finding fare. I'm REAL excited about it and have been since before Heavy Rain came out.Hopefully they put out WAY MORE press on it, though, so people don't pick it up and say "This is nothing like GTA! GRRR GNASH GNASH WHY CAN'T I SHOOT HOOKERS GNASH GNASH!"

midnightalone:
Well it looks pretty, but that's not hard these days // My only question is are you playing the Cops of Gangsters in this one?

-M

Cops. The main char is a cop, and the game's main feature is the interrogation system based on reading the facial expressions and stuff like that, and that's not exactly they way gangsters interrogate people ;]

Yossarian1507:

midnightalone:

-M

Cops. The main char is a cop, and the game's main feature is the interrogation system based on reading the facial expressions and stuff like that, and that's not exactly they way gangsters interrogate people ;]

Well that sounds like a good game mechanic // Should be worth a look

-M

Thought I recognized the main character...googled mad men...clicked on 'Ken Cosgrove'...google searched "Aaron Staton" + "La Noire". I'm officially impressed by the graphical state of this console generation. Reminds me of how I felt about the PS2 when FFX finally dropped.

Lono Shrugged:

Eagi:

Maybe it will beat 7 year old HL2.

Ugh the graphics are so bad...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook