Unskippable: Let's Play: Legaia 2: Part 6

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Legaia 2: Part 6

Graham and Paul finally let a game stand on more than its intro. It crumples almost immediately.
Enjoy this replay of the live feed and share in their pain.

Watch Video

Actually, Aeris wasn't powerful at all - the only thing she was good at was magic, which probably doesn't matter to a military soldier. Ever try wearing down an enemy with Aeris's melee attack? It's not fun. Or fast.

Hurp durp durp.
It's a shame you don't get as much attention as people like MovieBob.
You're far better.

I wonder how do the developers make a trailer for such a boring game

Jesus Christ, they *still* hadn't figured out the AP system at the 50 minute mark? I hope to god they figured it out by the next section, because it is just incredibly frustrating watching them flounder about like this.

Still hadn't noticed that little minus sign next to the Sandstorm attack, did ya? Maybe they'll figure it out when they have Capt Redshirt (aka your dad, the dead guy) stops being able to use Sandstorm after awhile. lol

Its ok guys, it still looks like an awful JRPG. which sucks, because Legend of Legaia (the first one) wasn't too bad.

SirCannonFodder:
Jesus Christ, they *still* hadn't figured out the AP system at the 50 minute mark? I hope to god they figured it out by the next section, because it is just incredibly frustrating watching them flounder about like this.

Honestly, I'm yelling at the screen.
BLUE BUSTER BUILDS AP!

Still hilarious, though!

Oh dear god, this is by far the worst lets play I've seen in a long time.

I thought you read the frickin comments in these threads?!
Thread 4 is full of the explanation of the bloody AP-system.
Seriously. I am getting angry at you for not getting shit.

Slowest paced game ever.

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. I would've ragequited a long time ago.

Do they even look at the screen, it's not very hard to get the AP system when you see that one attack has -16 AP and the other has 16. When I played the game I noticed it when I have seen the attack selection menu the first time.

SirCannonFodder:

Yeah I believe they found out it later, reading the forum where someone dropped a hint :D

Man for a moment I thought they were playing WoW... Look at that grind!

This is absolutely excruciating. I hate games like these. It's a low tech excuse for a game when people were better off playing checkers.

Roggen Bread:

This was done live a few weeks ago, so no, they didn't.

The first one was so much better. *sigh* this one is too boring.

I WANT MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE =[ stupid Publishers club.

Psychosocial:
Oh dear god, this is by far the worst lets play I've seen in a long time.

It's better in real-time. The Escapist really screwed this up by releasing it WEEKLY in 10-minute segments.

I watched the full 3-hour thing and was reaonably entertained (even if I had to skip forward a few times)

But by breaking it up like this and making it A WEEK between episodes, The Escapist presents this content as if each random 10-minute interval should stand on its own. And... it doesn't.

There are some really boring 10-minute periods in this Let's Play.

This shouldn't be episodic content, it should be viewed in it's full 3-hours.

It's kinda' like breaking up a 3-hour comedy movie... nothing is going to be funny if you watch a comedy in 10-minute segments once every week. You're going to lose the plot, jokes won't make sense, and there's going to be scenes that aren't funny. That's what happened here.

i think this has a lot of potential....if you pick a GOOD GAME!

EDIT: such as halo or assasins creed.

They still have not killed all the klaw ants? Is this game really this slow or are they slowing a slow game down? Fun to watch though, pity I missed the live showing.

Roggen Bread:

Um, this is a rerun of something they did live like, weeks ago. Unless they go back into the past and fix it, I'm not sure what you expect of them.

Someone mentioned the Final Fantasy VII bit, but there's a bit more to it than that. If you really care about SPOILERS for a game that was released 13 years ago, don't read the rest of this.

First, Tifa does start off weaker than Cloud; he begins the game at level 5 and likely gains a few levels before you get to play as her, and she starts at something like level 4. She's pretty much where you would expect someone to be as a gifted martial artist but otherwise normal human being. That applies to Aerith as well, who you get even later and who starts at the same level.

On top of that, Cloud never was a member of Soldier; he was just one of those blue-suited grunts you were dropping like flies during the opening scene. He didn't have the strength or charisma you'd need to join Soldier, much less become a high-ranking member. He did have some military training, but he was still just an ordinary guy. The big thing that bumps him up over the rest of the party was the whole Mako exposure/Jenova cell injection he got before the events of the game, which you could use to explain his bump up from level 1 (as a grunt sent to Nibelheim) to level 5 (as he is when the game starts).

Of course, you could also say the whole thing is an arbitrary power limiting system set in place to even out the gameplay, and doesn't necessarily mean anything as far as the storyline is concerned. It's ridiculous, but it's also probably the most likely explanation.

It rolls downstairs, comes unawares, rolls over your neighbours dog.
It's good for a snack it fits on your back it's log, log, log!
It's log, log, it's big it's heavy it's wood.
It's log, log, it's better than bad, it's good!

New log from Blammo!

Awesome Ren & Stimpy reference guys.

It's amazing how cool you manage to make this boring thing be. Also I bet that if you wouldn't figure out the AP system until December you'd have tried harder.

THERE'S A MINUS

RIGHT

THERE

You have encountered, a rat!
a tool uses 'stick wave'
it was ineffective...

a tool has encountered, a slut!
a tool uses 'stick wave'
it was super effective!

Guys.
GUYS.

We figure out the AP system eventually. Understand that months for you were mere minutes to us, it's not like we're that thick.

:)

Graham_LRR:
Guys.
GUYS.

We figure out the AP system eventually. Understand that months for you were mere minutes to us, it's not like we're that thick.

I dunno, I watched the first 5 parts together, and despite this being the first time I've heard of this game and having only a passing familiarity with the JRPG genre, I still managed to figure it out halfway through part 5, so yeah, you guys kinda are that thick :P

(I kid, I kid)

Jim Grim:

Roggen Bread:

Um, this is a rerun of something they did live like, weeks ago. Unless they go back into the past and fix it, I'm not sure what you expect of them.

don't care! why do you think crystal balls exist ;)

Sorry for me not ending a process of thought.

I hope they get to the part with the creepy evil lil fat girl who's underpants always show and her extremely effeminately bitchy gay brother. They are comic gold!

P.S. They are the villains of the game XD

Wait. Is Galvan... scratching his backside, whenever he wins a battle? Intended or not, that's really what it looks like. :)

Baby Tea:

SirCannonFodder:

Honestly, I'm yelling at the screen.
BLUE BUSTER BUILDS AP!

Still hilarious, though!

I know I don't play the game and I noticed that so fast.

Graham_LRR:
Guys.
GUYS.

Could put that on the game's box cover: "Playing Legaia 2 made mere minutes feel like months. It destroyed me mentally".

Ahh such fond memories...LoL and then LoL 2, the original being superior but this one having quite a bit of merit.
and yeah you guys are taking a long time to learn the AP system you have to use different commands in the fight menu to learn different techniques.

It should be mentioned we also concentrating more on being entertaining that figuring out the vagaries of Legaia silly AP system.

It's not actually "entertaining" to listen to you guys wonder aloud for a minute "Gosh how does the AP system work?" when everyone watching has known for two weeks. Nor, for that matter, is the system particularly vague.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here