LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

This was awesome! So many memories of getting stoned and trying to make sense of magic cards...

Oh and the only way to keep it fair is to just mix up all the cards in to a pile and each game re-build your decks. Tons of fun unless two people decide to play Urza's tower/mine/plant decks.

That was very entertaining, it's fun watching people play Magic, but I don't have the time to learn it myself. Gaming is addicting enough as it is. Nice job with the 'actual miagic' bit too, made me laugh when playing against Graham

i know this is off topic but...
Rejected Wii Party Minigames.
do it.

AdmiralMemo:
Am I strange for loving Magic, but never actually playing it with anyone? (I'd like to, but no one in the area plays it.)

No, that happened to me after my friends who taught me went to different schools after 6th grade (it closed).

Just teach your cousin (or sibling). That's what I did.

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:
Am I strange for loving Magic, but never actually playing it with anyone? (I'd like to, but no one in the area plays it.)

No, that happened to me after my friends who taught me went to different schools after 6th grade (it closed).

Two problems. Closest cousins are 20 miles away and not interested. (They'd rather play RuneScape.) I'm an only child.

So there go those options.

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:

Two problems. Closest cousins are 20 miles away and not interested. (They'd rather play RuneScape.) I'm an only child.

You sure they're not interested? Have you shown them an Eldrazi yet? Cthulhu gets most people interested in games they otherwise wouldn't play.

Anyway, try for your nerdiest friends first. After there are two players, it gets a whole lot easier to convert the lost to the Holy Pentagon.

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

You sure they're not interested? Have you shown them an Eldrazi yet? Cthulhu gets most people interested in games they otherwise wouldn't play.

Anyway, try for your nerdiest friends first. After there are two players, it gets a whole lot easier to convert the lost to the Holy Pentagon.

First, I haven't been able to find any Eldrazi anymore. They've all changed to the new Mirrodin Rust or whatever it's called at the places I shop at. (Not that the new Mirrodin stuff is bad. I like it. Some of my biggest section of Magic cards is the original Mirrodin packs. This stuff looks cool. I've already bought 4 boosters of it.) I lost my job in April. I got a new job a month ago and just started to get some free cash to spend after paying for what I needed to pay for. So if I can find these Eldrazi, I'll buy them.

Second, I'm sure they're not interested. They are absolute Star Wars freaks and collect and play everything related to that. Not that that's a bad thing, but Magic is not their type of thing.
Also, I'm not sure the younger ones would be allowed. My uncle is pretty strictly against that type of stuff. Religious sensibilities and all that. Heck, I share most of his beliefs, and can see part of his point, but I'm more on the "law of liberty" from the Bible than he is. Just like I can see the point of those who don't like Harry Potter for the witchcraft and such, but I still don't agree with them. Just because they can't understand a healthy respect for the difference between reality and fiction should not influence my enjoyment of a good book/game/whatever. Harry Potter and Magic influence people with sorcery the same way that Doom (I think that was the game) influenced the Columbine shootings: These people had mental issues to begin with, and the fiction simply gave them a specific theme to use when they went nuts. If Doom did not exist, something still would have happened. It would simply have been influenced by a different game/book/TV show/etc. The personal issues are like a black-and-white drawing, and the fictional media are the colors. The result may be a different-looking thing, but it's basically the same, for all intents and purposes.

Third, friends? I have no real-life friends. All my friends are on the Internet. Ever since 11 years ago, when I graduated high school and left Boy Scouts, I've had no players for Magic.

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:

First, I haven't been able to find any Eldrazi anymore. They've all changed to the new Mirrodin Rust or whatever it's called at the places I shop at. (Not that the new Mirrodin stuff is bad. I like it. Some of my biggest section of Magic cards is the original Mirrodin packs. This stuff looks cool. I've already bought 4 boosters of it.) I lost my job in April. I got a new job a month ago and just started to get some free cash to spend after paying for what I needed to pay for. So if I can find these Eldrazi, I'll buy them.

Second, I'm sure they're not interested. They are absolute Star Wars freaks and collect and play everything related to that. Not that that's a bad thing, but Magic is not their type of thing.
Also, I'm not sure the younger ones would be allowed. My uncle is pretty strictly against that type of stuff. Religious sensibilities and all that. Heck, I share most of his beliefs, and can see part of his point, but I'm more on the "law of liberty" from the Bible than he is. Just like I can see the point of those who don't like Harry Potter for the witchcraft and such, but I still don't agree with them. Just because they can't understand a healthy respect for the difference between reality and fiction should not influence my enjoyment of a good book/game/whatever. Harry Potter and Magic influence people with sorcery the same way that Doom (I think that was the game) influenced the Columbine shootings: These people had mental issues to begin with, and the fiction simply gave them a specific theme to use when they went nuts. If Doom did not exist, something still would have happened. It would simply have been influenced by a different game/book/TV show/etc. The personal issues are like a black-and-white drawing, and the fictional media are the colors. The result may be a different-looking thing, but it's basically the same, for all intents and purposes.

Third, friends? I have no real-life friends. All my friends are on the Internet. Ever since 11 years ago, when I graduated high school and left Boy Scouts, I've had no players for Magic.

Sheesh, that is kind of depressing, reading all that at once. Especially about the no friends part. Are you sure your uncle wouldn't let them? That just doesn't make sense. How is magic evil? Maybe you could play with white cards? And whoever gets to 40 life first wins?

You sure there isn't a nerd store that supports MTG in your area, though? One was in my area, but it closed. A year or two later, a new one opened up pretty much overnight, without me noticing until like 3 months later.

My friends have been trying to drag me into playing this game for some time, this movie has finally helped me make up my mind. So, after watching this I called my friend and asked him if he wanted to teach me how to play. And I love it.

what have I done...

I'm not sure if this is right or not, or if it's been pointed out, but I think there's a small continuity problem in the video. I just noticed that James is playing with what I would guess is the same pink covers that he bought later in the flashback of losing so badly. I guess it could be different covers, it just seems unlikely in my opinion.

Now that that's out of my system, funny vid. Makes me remember why I quit collecting playing cards in the first place.

this is probably one of my faves from you guys although with all saying i just love all your videos they are awesome times 10 :D

Aaaah those memories... xD
That episode was just georgeous :D
Graham is the best.

AdmiralMemo:
snip

You could try MtG: Online. It's actually pretty fun. I've made a WGR beatdown deck from the starting pack, and there's a bunch of other cards you get once you activate your account. It costs 10$ I think, and you can pretty much buy everything you can buy IRL there. Check it out if you can't find anyone to play with IRL :)

watching this really made me want to find my old decks. Or buy new ones, either way.

MTG is the only thing my friends play... Then again, all I do is play video games and surf the internet for entertainment.

Double A:
You sure there isn't a nerd store that supports MTG in your area, though? One was in my area, but it closed. A year or two later, a new one opened up pretty much overnight, without me noticing until like 3 months later.

Well, there are plenty of places that sell the cards, but I don't know of any specific stores to cater to players. Plus, I don't have my driver's license, so I'm kind of limited.

Theistic:
You could try MtG: Online. It's actually pretty fun. I've made a WGR beatdown deck from the starting pack, and there's a bunch of other cards you get once you activate your account. It costs 10$ I think, and you can pretty much buy everything you can buy IRL there. Check it out if you can't find anyone to play with IRL :)

Sounds OK, but it's a totally separate thing to buy, unless there was a way to log in the physical cards I own so I could play with them.

... White/Redd Cat deck... I hate White so much, I'll stick to my Blue Black Proliferation Discard deck.

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

Well, there are plenty of places that sell the cards, but I don't know of any specific stores to cater to players. Plus, I don't have my driver's license, so I'm kind of limited.

Theistic:

Sounds OK, but it's a totally separate thing to buy, unless there was a way to log in the physical cards I own so I could play with them.

There isn't a way to do that unfortunetly. MTGO is okay, but Duels of the Plainswalkers is WAYYYYYYYY better.

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

If there's a store that specializes in DnD, Munchkin, MTG, etc, then you should definitely look in to that.

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

If there's a store that specializes in DnD, Munchkin, MTG, etc, then you should definitely look in to that.

Nah... I'm talking like Walmart, GameStop, etc. that sell pre-builts and boosters, but that's kind of it. There is a Games Workshop, but it's kind of a bit far, and I don't know if they sell Magic there.

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:

Nah... I'm talking like Walmart, GameStop, etc. that sell pre-builts and boosters, but that's kind of it. There is a Games Workshop, but it's kind of a bit far, and I don't know if they sell Magic there.

Your GameStop sells Magic!? Luck! I wish mine did, then maybe I'd get a discount with my Edge.

Try calling Games Workshop so you don't have to drive out there.

Agent Monocle:
Ah... Magic. It wasn't about winning. It was about building themes! My rabid wombat deck wasn't meant to win, but to feed him as many enchantments before I died... Or role playing with my pure wall deck. Saying, "Scruvy scum, you'll break my walls with your pathetic killer bees, for I have... FLYING WALLS! I will outlast your kind for the next century or end of lunch!"

That sounds about right for my group of friends. My two main decks right now are "GOOOATS!" and "Ooze consumption". I've had and tested goats since shadowmoor, so it's as good as I'd like it to be, and ooze is still in the first build, looking to make a few changes soon.

Now that was epic, and you know if I had have watched this video before last weekend I would have have cared so much // But was at a gaming con and afterwards go taught how to play Magic // We played for about 8hours straight and I fully enjoyed it

Now I have to go find some Black Planeswalkers

Also, watching you all on Desert Bus live feed

-M

Lol at Kathleen in the back of the card store.

Alex is officially pretty fucking awesome. He was before, but now it's official.

Guys i rly hate you....you make the idea of me going back to MtG seem so tempting -_-`
If i do go back ill buy a ticket to the US find you and maul you to death with CARDS! honestly!!! CAAARDS

Probably my favorite episode of Loading ready run. Magic is the most addicting card game ever but my pals always crush me. Seriously great episode and can someone tell me what the life counter app was?

If it doesn't get posted anywhere else, when I get my angry kitties deck from the desert bus auction, I'll post the list here.

What a fantastic episode! After watching you guys play, both in this video, and through Desert Bus, I really want to get into it.

Now, if only I had some friends around here that I could play with. D:

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:

Games Workshop doesn't do MTG. Only their own products.

HaHa,
Kathleen has the same Gorillaz T as me. Only then the girl version o'course. Cool ! Keep them coming girl !

Hans

You missed a play in the last game vs. 'Kitties'. When she played the Journey to Nowhere, you could have sacrificed Bloodthorne to its own ability. Thus, when the enchantment came into play she would be forced to remove one of her own kitties from the game, allowing you to deal with the other via Doom Blade.

Sloppy play gets you kittified.

Awesome job guys.

Got me nostalgic for my MtG days of old.
(wonder if I still have that original black lotus in all those rubbermaids of cards in the basement?)

And 'good luck' toya Tim!
Did an awesome job and I wish ya the best!

AdmiralMemo:

Double A:

AdmiralMemo:

It's not strange. I was like that for a while myself. The aspect of magic I enjoyed most was building decks anyway. Interestingly enough, I got my gf to play casually, so at least my crappier decks get some action now. lol

Erm, sorry for the lateness on this post (and if this has been asked before,) but what app were they using?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here