LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Lady Kathleen:

James_LRR:
Hooray!!! I'm super stoked all of you liked it, I think the entire crew was pretty excited for this episode.

Also, yes thats Kathleen popping out behind the chairs in the scene at the store.
Desert Bus does in fact start on Friday @ 6:00PM

and lastly, Magic the Gathering has taken a tight grip on all of us... send help.

Send cards!

I think you all have a serious problem Kathleen here's a great website:
http://www.magictheaddiction.com/

Nostalgia + ICP Miracles references = Win!

I nostalgiaed so hard watching those magic matches. I'm glad that I haven't played it since I got a job because I would totally be the same way. This way I've been able to spend all my money on video games and awesome board games.

Never played the game but after that i might have a look at it.

Loved the magic trick that were in it and Alex was great :D

Nice to see you are still looking for new people and can't wait for the next one :)

Wow I don't even play or know how to play Magic but I still found this vid hilarious.

I do not play Magic, but this CH was the best of the series. Awesome.

"...Aaaaand you can't cast spells. Ever."
":'("

Definitely one of the best videos to date. Cracked me up.

I should really start playing magic irl. I've managed to outgrow the XBLA version, as I seem to beat everyone I can find online....

Awesome video! Really great CH episode, had me laughing the whole time.

Go team Angry Kitty!

You don't fuck with the kitties.
Also...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Gorillaz T-Shirt!!!!!

Whatever happened to Bill and Morgan? I miss them.

Ok I really want to play Magic the Gathering now but I have no money. Can one of you send Alex to my house so he can conjour me some cards with his awesome wizard skills?

6:19 made me even happier than seeing a squirrel fall off of the balcony this morning.

Oh, Alex. That was brilliant. :D Though I'd think the fan backs look more magic-y.

Great ep as usual <3

Lady Kathleen:

James_LRR:
Hooray!!! I'm super stoked all of you liked it, I think the entire crew was pretty excited for this episode.

Also, yes thats Kathleen popping out behind the chairs in the scene at the store.

and lastly, Magic the Gathering has taken a tight grip on all of us... send help.

Send cards!

Give me an address and I will! I have plenty to spare.

Lady Kathleen:

James_LRR:

Send cards!

Sorry, but can't. I have been free since I sold all my cards. 40 R$ for all the cards except the green cards, all of them were worth 1 R$ (less than a dollar).

What app were you using to record life? I looked for a while and couldn't find one

Damn this took me back... Ah, too bad none of my friends really play Magic anymore, it's such a wonderful game. Even though i had more cards that one deck, i never really tried to build a deck myself. I guess i would have if i knew more people playing.

Anyways, the video was seriously awesome! Had a lot of good jokes and nice stuff.
You people really know your thing.
And now i can't wait for a new episode since maybe it has some MTG, too. Damn.

Alex has the magic of film-editing, maybe.

dubious_wolf:
Angry Kitty! That was the best cHustle in a long time. Bravo Lady and Gentlemen. Encore I say!

While another one may be too much.. this was awesome.
I used to love a mtg related comic so much... manascrewed if somebody wants more mtg funny content... Its not being updated anymore, but old players should have a blast with it.
I wish it was still going T-T

I'd like to play but...
1) I don't have enough money and
2) I have nobody to play with

So I was wondering is the game on steam any good?

Kudos to James for pre-emptively wielding the poppy

That was great! my friends and I just started playing Magic, so I really related to the episode. That whole "spending limit" never does work.

Chasmodius:
Alex has the magic of film-editing, maybe.

Alex also actually does card tricks. This episode is a little of column A, a little of column B.

-m

Is it wrong to say I enjoy this episode, even though I don't know crap about Magic?

lord_rint:
What app were you using to record life? I looked for a while and couldn't find one

It's called "gathering"

-m

Matt_LRR:
Alex also actually does card tricks.

Yes, of course, I did not mean to denigrate his obvious skill at the slight-of-hand operations on display. But that is clearly not the "magic" which astounded Graham, which Alex described as the magic of magnets. I simply posited that Alex's skill at video-editing was the real wizardry on display (regardless of who actually edited the video, I mean to argue that he was transferring the skills he has been honing with the Crapshots to "real life").

Wes1180:
I'd like to play but...

Depends on what you think a good MtG game needs to have. The Steam version solves both your problems by being a) cheap compared to the real thing, b) having online and a solid AI.

That said, you need to unlock all but 2 of the decks by playing the campaign, the Deck editing is very limited (you can't alter the base decks, you can only add/remove cards you unlock later for each deck. And there is no way to control the amount/type of lands, the game does that for you), it takes a while to get used to the game mechanics (namely the time windows to respond and the fact that lands auto-tap), and if you're planning on playing online, I should warn that last I checked there was no chat other than voice chat (which CAN'T be turned off if you have a microphone plugged in).

I did have fun with it and consider it a fairly solid investment (heck, I considered the challenges alone worth the price), but if you're anything other than a casual player there are probably better alternatives, including MtG:Online

It's amazing how CH manages to be consistently better than the normal episodes of a series that is so consistently good. Magic magic cards were awesome. MAGIC ALL UP ON THIS BITCH

I guess Kitty Deck Wins is the next Red Deck Wins.

Oh this was appropriate after winning an EDH tourney. I do love Alex's magic tricks in Magic the Gathering. All I have to say is I've been in Kitty vs. Bird wars, I beat the cats down hard.

Xocrates:

Wes1180:
I'd like to play but...

Depends on what you think a good MtG game needs to have. The Steam version solves both your problems by being a) cheap compared to the real thing, b) having online and a solid AI.

That said, you need to unlock all but 2 of the decks by playing the campaign, the Deck editing is very limited (you can't alter the base decks, you can only add/remove cards you unlock later for each deck. And there is no way to control the amount/type of lands, the game does that for you), it takes a while to get used to the game mechanics (namely the time windows to respond and the fact that lands auto-tap), and if you're planning on playing online, I should warn that last I checked there was no chat other than voice chat (which CAN'T be turned off if you have a microphone plugged in).

I did have fun with it and consider it a fairly solid investment (heck, I considered the challenges alone worth the price), but if you're anything other than a casual player there are probably better alternatives, including MtG:Online

I actually haven't played it before and just saw it on steam. I have played the yugioh card game before and spent too much money on it.

awesome "I call this deck the angry kitties" - did anyone else see Kathleen coming?

Wes1180:
I actually haven't played it before and just saw it on steam. I have played the yugioh card game before and spent too much money on it.

In that case I believe you should be fine. The game is obviously meant as a gateway drug as opposed to a replacement to the real thing.

Kitties win every time and they nullify all magic within the surrounding areas.

Oh god this is exactly me....

it's weird I'm wearing the exact same gorrilaz shirt.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here