LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

I just now noticed when Jer grabs the box in the store, you can barely see Kathleen in the background.

GOBLINS! YAY!

My fave deck is Goblin rush. M10-Zendikar was the best set with Siege-Gang "Gang-Bang" Commander, Goblin "Chiefie" Chief, Goblin "Bushie" Bushwhacker, Goblin Guide, Warren Instigator, and Goblin Guide.

Pure. Zerg. Rush. Madness.

Hey it's Dan! I used to drop by Yellow Jacket (the comic/card shop) every so often. Sure makes me nostalgic for Victoria.

I had JUST got off of magic, after the Uni Gaming Society had FINALLY gotten over the Shard of Mirrodin release madness.

Awesomely filmed Hustle - but i've just re-made my Jund deck >sigh<

Great to see more Alex by the way :)

I curse you LRR cast member for make having a Magic: The gathering episode and making it funny as hell. I couldn't stop laughing. everytime I played against someone they were so damn serious and the game moved so slowy as in the turns. Unlike Yu-Gi_oh were the turns are fast, you can take the game less seriously and you would lose everything in your field in 1 turn after taking 10 turns to set up the field the way you planned it.

Also, Alex's calm voice is awesome and creepy at the same time. Were did he learned the magic tricks?

Well at least they never played any real tournament decks :p

I thought that when they went to the store they'd buy a jace TMS or goyfs :p

Best New Video EVER.

Way to go guys, great hustle.

As someone who has been playing Magic:TG for a while, i must say i laughed.

And i also must say that this is one of the few LRR i've watched multiple times in one sitting

I wish you could favorite episodes.

This would be favorited many times.

wildcard9:
GOBLINS! YAY!

My fave deck is Goblin rush. M10-Zendikar was the best set with Siege-Gang "Gang-Bang" Commander, Goblin "Chiefie" Chief, Goblin "Bushie" Bushwhacker, Goblin Guide, Warren Instigator, and Goblin Guide.

Pure. Zerg. Rush. Madness.

Seriously, I do almost the exact same thing in one of my decks. Except I added some Mogg War Marshalls and Empty the Warrens for that tokeny goodness, and Koth of the Hammer in case my goblin-powered machine gun runs out of ammo. Oh, and a few fatties with echo to make good use of Thick-Skinned Goblins I have for my Moggs, for back up.

Lady Kathleen:
There's only two so they don't often come out together. Plainswalkers are pretty disposable, and it's AMAZINGLY funny to say "oh, you killed Ajanai. Look who's back! Ajani Vengeant! He's the angriest kitty!!"

Fair point, also image

Pretty sure this makes me like a tier 1 or 2 nerd, but did anyone else notice Alex's misplay against Kathleen? He could have sac'd bloodthrone vampire to itself in response to Kathleen playing Journey to nowhere, forcing Kathleen to to target one of her own creatures because journey's come into play ability had not yet been put on the stack and then giving Alex a chance to get back in the game.... Just saying.

quibfiddle:
Pretty sure this makes me like a tier 1 or 2 nerd, but did anyone else notice Alex's misplay against Kathleen? He could have sac'd bloodthrone vampire to itself in response to Kathleen playing Journey to nowhere, forcing Kathleen to to target one of her own creatures because journey's come into play ability had not yet been put on the stack and then giving Alex a chance to get back in the game.... Just saying.

Just pretend like it was a Child of Night.

quibfiddle:

Jesus.

-m

Edit: that's "jesus - that's a terrifying example of the ridiculous rulings surrounding JtN", not, "jesus you're a nerd"

Yeah btw, the promo packs have been released worldwide, and so many new players have started playing, and old players like me started again. they gave them out with blow up swords and hammers at my uni in Australia! just standing there near the bigger library handing that shit out!

Devourer deck kicked everyone's ass until they bought cards:(

I decided to quit again when I realized I spent $200 in one month. notice: students are POOR.

Eww... Newer edition cards. But magic is cool nonetheless.

quibfiddle:

I don't think that's how Journey works.
The card says "exile target creature" not "a creature", so after sacrificing the Bloodthrone resolves, there's no target, and the effect fizzles. It wouldn't force Kathleen to choose a new target.

Heh, Ok Grahm your line of thinking would be correct if it was a spell that required a target during the deceleration of the spell, I.E. path to exile, but this is not the case with journey to nowhere. You see, journey to nowhere is an enchantment, and the target is chosen during the come into play effect after the enchantment enters the battle field, not during the deceleration of journey to nowhere. Technically Alex could have responded before Kathleen has declared the target of journey.

Yep... Definitely a tier 1 nerd. Sorry, I don't mean to sound argumentative, just my rules advisor senses taking over.

You guys make the game seem so much more exciting than I remember it being. Also, mad props to Matt for the Sam Logan fireflower shirt.

Yokai:
You guys make the game seem so much more exciting than I remember it being. Also, mad props to Matt for the Sam Logan fireflower shirt.

Props to Sam Logan for the Fire Flower shirt.

-m

After rewatching, i noticed that KATHLEEN CHEATED! Unless she drew first turn... but that's still cheating

rekabdarb:
After rewatching, i noticed that KATHLEEN CHEATED! Unless she drew first turn... but that's still cheating

how so?

-m

Gammaj4:
I just now noticed when Jer grabs the box in the store, you can barely see Kathleen in the background.

Yeah, I actually didn't notice that until I watched the vid a second time.
Sneaky Kathleen and her evil Kitteh deck.

Evil Kitty Deck FTW! Kitties are the bestest evah!

rekabdarb:

Having counted all the cards, and number of turns etc... we're going to say that there's a "draw on your first turn" house rule.

...yeah...

*Ahem*

Matt_LRR:

Yokai:

Props to Sam Logan for the Fire Flower shirt.

-m

Fair enough.

Graham_LRR:

quibfiddle:

The card says "exile target creature" not "a creature", so after sacrificing the Bloodthrone resolves, there's no target, and the effect fizzles. It wouldn't force Kathleen to choose a new target.

J2N's ability triggers when it's put onto the battlefield, so if Alex sacrifices his Bloodthrone Vampire to itself while J2N is still on the stack waiting to resolve, when it enters the battlefield the only legal choices for targets will be Kathleen's creatures.

Also, this sketch is strictly better than Storm Crow, there's even one in it. (check out the comments on the 9th Edition one if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

About the Angry Kitty deck. did Kathleen have Raksha, Golden cub in it? also, the ruling on J2N in the post above sounds about right.

anyone for online magic? duel of the planeswalkers? Still working on unlocking more cards and getting the 2 recent expansions, but when I have time I will be up for a game. The pc version though.

Matt_LRR:

how so?
-m

*below*

Graham_LRR:

rekabdarb:

Having counted all the cards, and number of turns etc... we're going to say that there's a "draw on your first turn" house rule.

...yeah...

*Ahem*

And alright, i guess my group also has house rules... Which currently escape my brain. Touche good sir... touche, and thank you for attempting to clarify.

But still this episode is awesome because i met some people at school who i found today who were playing magic. Gotta go stomp some faces after i go get my decks from my friend

Never switch a switcher.

I've been playing since being 8 years old...I love M:TG so very, very much.
I participated in the Grand Prix 2010 in Bochum a few weeks ago and on Friday, I'm probably going to participate in another tournament.

MaxFan:

Graham_LRR:

quibfiddle:

J2N's ability triggers when it's put onto the battlefield, so if Alex sacrifices his Bloodthrone Vampire to itself while J2N is still on the stack waiting to resolve, when it enters the battlefield the only legal choices for targets will be Kathleen's creatures.

Also, this sketch is strictly better than Storm Crow, there's even one in it. (check out the comments on the 9th Edition one if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

How can someone sacrifice go off before I've targeted them? As soon as I bring out the card and say "journey to nowhere" I've targeted the creature. I can understand the spell fizzling, but the only way to remove the creature before I targeted it would for Alex to be a psychic. It's stuff like this that makes magic seem unintuitive, ridiculous and unfun for casual players. And why I'd never play in any sort of official tournament or go to FNM.

MaxFan:

I'm so glad someone noticed the Storm Crow! We made a point of getting it in there.

It so overpowered.

Lady Kathleen:

How can someone sacrifice go off before I've targeted them? As soon as I bring out the card and say "journey to nowhere" I've targeted the creature. I can understand the spell fizzling, but the only way to remove the creature before I targeted it would for Alex to be a psychic. It's stuff like this that makes magic seem unintuitive, ridiculous and unfun for casual players. And why I'd never play in any sort of official tournament or go to FNM.

The sacrifice enters at top of the stack as an instant and resolves first. Then there's Journey to Nowhere with no valid target anymore.

All of this became legal when they revised stack and removed interrupt, and believe me, it's so much clearer now.

Also, you'd be scratching your head 24/7 if you were against a counterburn deck like mine.

insanelich:

Lady Kathleen:

The sacrifice enters at top of the stack as an instant and resolves first. Then there's Journey to Nowhere with no valid target anymore.

All of this became legal when they revised stack and removed interrupt, and believe me, it's so much clearer now.

Also, you'd be scratching your head 24/7 if you were against a counterburn deck like mine.

We know that, we're confused as to why this somehow forces Kathleen to sac her own creature instead of the effect fizzling.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here