Unskippable: Clash of the Titans

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Clash of the Titans

The game may be in actual 3D, but that doesn't make better than the movie.

Watch Video

Not a bad ep.

The game is boring as hell, so that didn't help, lol.

I'm glad someone finally pointed out the lack of actual titans...

Poor Hades :(
I didn't see the gods in that scene but I DID find the Piece of Eden,
and I didn't know that the ancient Greeks were actually British

Bravo! An extremely funny episode this week. It didn't hurt that the game was patently awful of course ;P

What twisted mockery of Greek mythology were they working from?

Not every religion is based on a Trifecta boys and girls. And HAdes wasn't even evil! He's probably the most level minded of all the Gods! And futhermore (Long rant including gnashing on the wallpaper and eating carpet for a few minutes)

Alright I'm done. This game looks like it sucks, but the commentary was funny, and that's what I watch Unskippable for. As long as they keep delivering, I'll keep watching.

Did you have to omit that "Wandering Down the Beach" quest? That sounded more interesting than what we did see in this week's Unskippable.

And yeah, what DOES happen if you don't accept that quest? Is it like that Rambo game for the NES, which tells you, "The game won't continue until you say YES"?

Anyway, maybe I should go fishing one day. Hmm, my fishing net's damaged...where's my sword?

Is it just me...or is Zeus a huge d***? :O
also, there is no titan in this game? bummer :(

MelasZepheos:

Not every religion is based on a Trifecta boys and girls. And HAdes wasn't even evil! He's probably the most level minded of all the Gods! And futhermore (Long rant including gnashing on the wallpaper and eating carpet for a few minutes)

Alright I'm done. This game looks like it sucks, but the commentary was funny, and that's what I watch Unskippable for. As long as they keep delivering, I'll keep watching.

Thanks for being the one to point that out, Now I don't have to XD I hate how people just assume he's evil because he rules the dead.

That's why I like the Manga Pantheon High because the main kid related to the greek Pantheon is the son of Hades, at one point Hades even says "I'm tired of Posiden and Zeus' sons getting all the glory so go out there and become a hero!" so in that one Hades is actually a nice and totally awesome guy even if his son hates him for not letting him die XD

Aptspire:
(

Trust me in one way or another all the gods are dicks.

"I just gotta kill that seagull, right?" XD.

Also did anyone else notice that as soon as the seagull cawed it instantly switched sides?

wow, they got the myth 100 different brands of fucked up. good ep, surprised you didn't bring the errors in the myth up though

Zeus, Poseideon and Hades rock band would be awesome, especially when Hades started on his awesome guitar solo, it's do die for :D

HankMan:
Poor Hades :(
I didn't see the gods in that scene but I DID find the Piece of Eden,
and I didn't know that the ancient Greeks were actually British

Piece of Eden, I get it! HA HA *sarcastic laughter* You are so funny!

And of course the Greeks were British. Do you know what a Greek accent sounds like? No? Then shut up then!

Just kidding man.

If I were Hades I would be sssoooooooooo pissed off.

MelasZepheos:

Pretty much this. It's one of my qualms when people adapt from Greek mythology... they crap all over it!

Oh, speaking of which, I wonder if Unskippable will ever do anything with Rise of the Argonauts? That game was soooo wince-inducing to we fans of Greek myth. Humans of Athena's bloodline? The city of Alexandria existing in the time of myths? And who the fuck is Alceme?

"That's how birthdays work!" :)

Ouch. The way they did Greek Mythology in that physically hurt me. It was SO WRONG.

And also within the film at least, Poseiden has next to no screen time, as with most Gods who aren't Zeus and Hades. Apollo gets one line and than Zues tells him to be quiet so he shuts up for the rest of the film.

Anyway, very funny episode.

So I guess being a half god is like owning a truck. You move to a new town and everyone is like "You got a truck huh? Wanna help me move some stuff?" and then their friends ask you and their family and and so forth.

Never mind what the Kraken is doing in Hades' flesh, what exactly is a Kraken doing in Greek mythology?

The Kraken was a norse legend you idiots.

Zhukov:
Never mind what the Kraken is doing in Hades' flesh, what exactly is a Kraken doing in Greek mythology?

The Kraken was a norse legend you idiots.

I looked it up on Wikipedia. The movie monster Kraken is based on Cetus, a creature that resembles a whale.

Also, the characters' mouths are terribly animated for speech ^^

HankMan:
I didn't know that the ancient Greeks were actually British

Come on, it's well known that all nations of the ancient world were populated by people with vaguely English accents. This is basic level stuff!

those three would an AWESOME ROCK BAND!!!

and i was laughing for a good twenty minutes after the ending.

They couldn't get anyone with a greek accent to play anyone? News flash, not everyone spoke in ye olde brokene asse englishe.

Great episode.

They can try the rock band angle but they would be nothing next to the Midnight Riders! YEAH!

Aptspire:
also, there is no titan in this game? bummer :(

That's one thing that holds true throughout the old stories of him. He's cheated on his wife Hera countless times fathering bastard children and then continually disregards the sensible wishes of the other gods in his own self-interest. And then his own children don't even get that much favor, basically having to go through character-development to earn their keep.
And in the original movie the Kraken was portrayed to be one of the titans that the gods had chained instead of killing like the others. I think. It has been a while since I've seen it. Either case this was based straight off the myth, with the original made back in 1980-81. Clash of the Titans sounds cooler than Clash Between Asshole Gods and Whiny Mortals.
Wait, actually that second does sound spectacular. But it is long for a title all the same.

MelasZepheos:

Well at least on this bastardization of Greek mythology they had Zeus fuck Hades over so he had a reason to be evil. That's better than the Disney version at least.

Aw, crap, now I'm hankering to play Alan Wake again just to see the awesome old guys who were a rock band. The Old Gods of Asgard for the win!

Aptspire:

That's Greek mythology in a nutshell for ya.

Is Crash of the Titans a prequal to God of War? XD

Somehow I don't feel like trying to find out how great epic quest of wandering around really is XD

Movie sucked no surprise the game did too. Only reason I saw it was because this chick I work with wanted to.

They bring up a good point in neither of the movies or the game are there any titans or clashing of said titans.

This video has been up for 2 and a half hours and we don't even have a full page of comments?

MelasZepheos:

Not every religion is based on a Trifecta boys and girls. And Hades wasn't even EVIL! He's probably the most level minded of all the Gods! And furthermore (Long rant including gnashing on the wallpaper and eating carpet for a few minutes)

The worst thing Hades did was kidnap Persephone and force her to be his bride for six months out of each year. In terms of Greek mythology, that downright civilized.

therandombear:
Zeus, Poseideon and Hades rock band would be awesome, especially when Hades started on his awesome guitar solo, it's do die for :D

I hear Poseidon's solo album is really
making waves :D

The last 10 seconds made me lol like their was no tomorrow!
Thanks guys that made my day.

HankMan:
This video has been up for 2 and a half hours and we don't even have a full page of comments?

MelasZepheos:

Not every religion is based on a Trifecta boys and girls. And Hades wasn't even EVIL! He's probably the most level minded of all the Gods! And furthermore (Long rant including gnashing on the wallpaper and eating carpet for a few minutes)

The worst thing Hades did was kidnap Persephone and force her to be his bride for six months out of each year. In terms of Greek mythology, that downright civilized.

Well given that his brothers' response was just to rape the girl(s) in question without so much as a by-your-leave, Hades is basically a good guy in most of the myths. He doesn't harm Persephone, doesn't do anything untoward to her, and doesn't even force her to stay, it's her own fault for eating the fruit of the dead. (Which is the beginning of a whole different argument we probably shouldn't start here.)

I (unfortunately) went to see this movie and if the opening cutscene of the game is any indication, I think I can safely say that it fails just as much in the mythology aspect. Let me point this out right now:

THE KRAKEN IS NORSE MYTHOLOGY!!! JESUS CHRIST!

When she handed him the sword I was waiting for "It's dangerous to go alone, take this."

Also, I never expected this movie and game to get the mythology right they never to.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here