Daily Drop: Water Balloons

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Water Balloons

Everyone's favorite water transport medium.

Watch Video

Perhaps it's not as interesting as when the lady did it.

But science!

One of your more boring eps.

I wanna see more obscure things dropping.

Now that is what I'm talkin' about. I love the moment of impact, where the entire balloon seems to rupture instantly.

EDIT: ooo, I just had a awesome idea for season 2. Do this but use food coloring to make the water red and blue. To better differentiate the different splashes and see them combine into purple water.

These are kind of boring.

Silence, haters...how often do you get to see astounding slow motion water effects? It's fascinating.

Well that was exciting,...... now back to staring at a brick wall.

Ooooooooooooh

watching that reminded me of this:

Such a tremendous splash of water.

I like it backwards and in slow motion. Look pretty!
I would like to see more things that go splodge if there is any requests going on ;)

Should be condoms filled with water, much more elastic and make funny shapes when thrown at people ;)

Refering to your LRR video about different usage for condoms other then the obvious :P

Any bugs that may have been on the floor just got hit by an awesome slow motion tsunami, the best kind of tsunami. Was that a jar of olives that is going to be dropped tommorow? If so it should prove to be an awesome drop.

Tempest13:
Silence, haters...how often do you get to see astounding slow motion water effects? It's fascinating.

Often, just youtube slow motion water effects. Or watch time warp or watch myth busters or watch a million other shows that have slow motion. It is a pretty common thing now a days.

It was a good drop, but I feel bad about whoever has to clean it up.

Oooh I enjoy the sparkle of the water droplets as they divide. On the topic of tomorrow's drop perhaps maybe you could run a condiment week? Better yet just drop:

and get Yahtzee out of his cave!

You guys need moar fps's!

But I've seen a million slow motion water balloons before so this isn't that interesting.

Maybe it's just me but some of the videos seem to go at different speeds in the slow motion. This is one I'd have liked to see just a little bit slower at the moment of impact.

Still good fun though.

I don't suppose we could see it in a higher frame-rate at the point of impact? I saw a video once of a person being hit in the face with a water balloon at a ridiculously high camera-speed, and the manner in which the material of the balloon failed was very interesting, but it was kind of hard to see here. Even so, it's a neat video, and I especially liked the twinkling of the water droplets near the end. I agree with Mr. The Orange that having differently-colored water in each of the balloons might be very interesting, too.

I should also say that I like the splash-interactions between the two balloons' wave... fronts? Whatever, it looks neat.

This would have been even more awesome IN 3D !

Man those bad boys didn't even look like they touched the ground, but instead went right through it.

i have never seen water balloons dropped and then see it in slow motion.

and it was awesome! when the water was going everywhere it looked like sparkles shooting up from the floor.

You need a faster camara 8(

I am more curious how long it takes for your average clean up from these videos.

Very interesting, I was expecting to see more resistance from them, see them hit deform a bit, and then rupture; but instead it looked like they just disintegrated as they collided with the floor.

Don't listen to what others say, this one was cool. It is also something of a staple of high-speed camera work, I think Time Warp popped at least 100 balloons on their show.

My favourite part was when the white balloon exploded and for an instant you could see the water in its shape.

These water balloons are now diamonds.

waaa...

i was expecting a little more bouyance from the baloons....

This video is has mesmerise.

I was expecting a funny doodle on the balloon or something

That wasn't too bad but it's just it's been done alot already. Still, I'm looking forward towards tomorrow's drop. :D

Wandrecanada:
Oooh I enjoy the sparkle of the water droplets as they divide. On the topic of tomorrow's drop perhaps maybe you could run a condiment week? Better yet just drop:

and get Yahtzee out of his cave!

Oh you brilliant basstard!! Nothing says Troll bait like Branston Pickle!!

snowfox:
Man those bad boys didn't even look like they touched the ground, but instead went right through it.

Indeed! I especially loved how it looked as if the water was coming straight at me....

*is soaking wet* Now how the F**k did that happen?!

I've been waiting for this. I'd hoped for them to bounce though. And then of course smash them.

water is so beautiful

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or