Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Cain_Zeros:

A Curious Fellow:

Cain_Zeros:
It was because they posted before they could have possibly watched the video.

Posts were still on topic. They were expressing an opinion about the subject chosen for the video, and the first dude apparently posted while watching. I don't really see an issue there big enough to attract mod attention. Shouldn't they save face and use their power against real offenders like trolls, harassers, and posters of truly offensive content? Otherwise leave us be. Those three weren't hurting anyone or derailing the discussion.

Agreed, but it seems to be the general policy to just put anyone who posts before the video could possibly be watched on probation regardless...

I can't really care about this anymore, yes it's kind of harsh, but it happens every week people should know by now plus a agree that they should be commenting yet. Although I'm wondering why they don't just wait to post the topic thread.

good times. And to think the best part of the game is DLC where you get to fry Ewoks

The_root_of_all_evil:

The rest is ejaculate.

Is this... even proper grammar? Regardless, it made me laugh out loud.

On topic, I didn't mind the first Force Unleashed. Probably because I picked it up for six bucks.

Super Star Wars was awesome. Wonder if Yahtzee even played it.

I was looking forward to this game, had it preordered and everything. I thought the first one was decent and just needed a little polish. Boy, was I disappointed. Two and a half level, five different enemies, a damn boring plot and Starkiller's a whiny bitch. At least the graphics were good, and the Force is fun too play with.

Little off-topic, but what's the deal with the moderators and the first three posts in this thread? Are there any rules I am unaware of? Maybe I'm able to see why the second and third reply were banned, but the first?
Am I going to get banned for pointing this out?

samaugsch:

Hehe. Yahtzee liked that game, too :P

Which is why i picked it up. i never played most of Yahtzee's favored games because most of 'em are on the PS2.

Funniest review yet! Would I be a horrible person if I admit that I pissed myself laughing after the "schindler's list easy bake oven" quote?

Ive played some online flash games that are better than this 5 hour game(DLC!!)

When will they learn to give all the rights to the Star Wars franchise to Bioware? They've done more for it in the past decade than Lucas Arts has done in the past 3 decades.

Wow, I was considering buying the 1st one at a 70% discount even knowing it's a hack&slash QTE orgy for the God of War fans, but I just save it for a Jedi Knight series pack. I gotta find one eventually.

Thank you Yahtzee! I have been waiting for someone to come out and say what this game truly is; a pathetic cash in for Star Wars fanboys!

The first one was terribad, but playing this at a friends house I had a lot of fun on the first two levels. I get a kind of god complex if my character is op'd and I had fun massacuring everyone.

Wow... I didn't realise Yahtzee'd be cynical enough to only like 2 star wars movies.

I am an idiot.

Funny review though, and the game did sound mediocre from the Escapist review. And I wasn't planning on getting it anyway. But I agree with everyone else saying WHERE IS BATTLEFRONT III!?!?!

Abedeus:

RebellionXXI:
the Clone Wars cartoons (the ones made by the creators of Samurai Jack, not the all-CG ones)

Oh geez, now I know why I liked it so much. SAMURAI JACK IS THE BEST CARTOON MADE EVER! And everything they did turns to gold. Or something like that shiny.

I loved that cartoon; unfortunately so many people of my own generation missed it and it lacked lasting appeal.

Drauden:

Little off-topic, but what's the deal with the moderators and the first three posts in this thread? Are there any rules I am unaware of? Maybe I'm able to see why the second and third reply were banned, but the first?

I was under the impression that site policy means you have to have at least left enough time to have watched what you have commented on
OT. I will never consider anything in that universe that came out after I was born to be honestly good. except the first KOTOR

I still like Star Wars. It had meaning before the concept of the force was ruined by the prequels.

The original movies are good, the phantom menace is awful, there is two good fight scenes in attack of the clones, and the last prequel was decent...even though Hayden Christiansen is the worst actor of all time, I bet Ewan McGregor was facepalming himself to death in every scene he shared with that guy.

OT: I knew this game was going to be bad, let's just hope the MMO is good.

Im more looking forward to SWTOR....yes a MMO with all the ups and downs is more attractive then this Xp

Man, Loved that the boot of stomping was a Burton snowboard boot... just seemed a little ironic.

Put me in the crew with the people who are wondering why the hell they haven't rebooted <COUGH> the X-Wing/Tie-Fighter franchise yet...

Vomiting thru a pen, I agree with this 100%

Also, Yahtzee using the phrase "pro tip" made me chuckle.

i never liked star wars -- the series. i see the games as bad just because they're based off something i don't like. plus anytime you have a group of individuals that are just short of omnipotent, you've written yourself into a wall. the only place to go is omnipotent vs omnipotent, unless you work to prove they aren't.

one sentence in and the man already said everything. I am now ashamed to be a Star Wars fan seeing what it has turned into...

New mic?

Drauden:

They posted before they finished watching the video. If you post within 6 minutes of the video's posting time, the mighty banhammer will swing. There's always two or three dolts who get put on probation or suspended on Yahtzee's videos.

poiumty:
Zelda and Mario.

Forgive me for not agreeing, but the extent of Star Wars milking I still think goes far beyond anything Nintendo has managed (and that is indeed quite a feat!).

The biggest disappointment I've had in the world of videogames for quite some time. Good thing I got it cheap, else I'd really be pissed.

was anyone else totally delighted by yahtzee's use of the blank room template from http://www.pixeljoint.com/projects/thejoint/ ? (or did anyone else even notice?)

There was not a damned thing wrong with the mic. He just opened with a different intonation.

Normally it sounds like we've burst in on him mid-rant, and he's speaking in the middle of his range somewhere. But with this one, he opens with a semi-sympathetic -- ergo, lower -- intonation. So what I suspect you're hearing is your unfamiliarity with that speaking tone, not the mic. (Yes, it threw me at first, too.)

This isn't unprecedented. See the opening his review for Super Smash Bros. Brawl for another example. (And what does it say about me that I can recall such examples straight away?)

Great review, sounds like an awful game

Ha! I love Star Wars, KOTOR was definitely my favorite game of any star wars video game (The first Battlefront is up there too), but yeah most Star Wars games would be decent or good if lucasarts wasnt trying to pump out a game every year, and maybe they should try taking their time with games to make them good. Actually the same can be said for almost all bad games.

A message to developers: Stop rush-releasing!

PS. I totally agree, episode 4 & 5 are the best. The new ones almost seem too generic for today's syfi movies. (Also with horrible acting) XP

Suki the Cat:

poiumty:
Zelda and Mario.

Forgive me for not agreeing, but the extent of Star Wars milking I still think goes far beyond anything Nintendo has managed (and that is indeed quite a feat!).

Idk, i mean at least during the late 80s and most of the 90s star wars wasnt really around that much (Of course there were action figures and toys), Nintendo, on the other hand pumps out a new remake in, what seems like, every year.

The thing that struck me here was the whole "Only four levels and one is used twice."

Seriously? One of my biggest complaints of the first one is that there was only one location that wasn't used twice, meaning that a game with nine levels only actually had 5 locations. And they don't fix that in the second, they make it worse? Fail.

See, I actually liked the first game (not loved, it was too glitchy, repetitive and poorly controlled for that). It wasn't perfect, but the physics and force powers made it extremely fun to play, at least in small doses. Somehow, though, I figured they'd ruin the sequel.

Wow,I was actually gonna buy regardless of how short it was, but after hearing how easy the game is because of the fact that Starkiller is so overpowered, there's just no point in wasting my hard earned $60 on the game. Thank you, Yahtzee.

Star Wars was good right up until Episode I came out.
X-Wing ended up being a pretty good book series in my opinion, and Star Wars Legos are the only legos I ever bought.
As far as games are concerned, I stopped caring after battlefront III dropped off the face of the earth.
After that clone wars movie, the only Star Wars I ever want to see/hear about again is the little roleplaying group I have going via e-mail.
It's dead. It's been tapped out. I'm done.
If a good fan-made Star Wars game comes out, I'll be sure to download it before Lucasarts strikes it down.
I guess it's partially my fault, and the fault of everyone who enjoyed Star Wars, for buying it over and over until it came to... this.

The sound certainly did sound off for this one, but why the hell do the first three posts always get put on probation no matter what content they contain?

For a moment it sounded like Ben was having as bad *Achoo!* of a sick spell as I am.

Anyway, where is the "Like God of War" stamp? Seriously. Click on Force Fury and it looks like all that happened was suddenly there are chain on the sabers.

strange thing is that he references Attack Of The Clones a fair bit in this vid, and i watched it earlier....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here