Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

unacomn:
I would add Jedi Outcast to the list of three things good about the Star Wars franchise. As for TFU 2, the only way they could have made it good was if half way trough, Kyle Katarn showed up out of nowhere and murdered Starkiller with his fists.
Anything less is, well, is the final product.

Yes, yes! Jedi Outcast was one of the best Star Wars games ever, and Kyle Katarn is one of the best Star Wars characters ever as well. Forget that one chick who claims she took the Death Star plans in that PSP game, IT WAS KATARN.

unacomn:
I would add Jedi Outcast to the list of three things good about the Star Wars franchise. As for TFU 2, the only way they could have made it good was if half way trough, Kyle Katarn showed up out of nowhere and murdered Starkiller with his fists.

Agreed, Dark Forces (including Jedi Knight) games were awesome.

I wasn't expecting this to be any good. However, I do like the ridiculous force powers though, but that got boring after I couldn't aim them at what I wanted to hit...

unacomn:

Wow, I'd totally go out of my way to buy that game. TFU2? Not so much.
Poor Kyle Katarn, at least I think he still shows up in books from time to time I think....

bwarrior:
I started thinking that

diggy140892:
I have to agree that this game is the biggest insult to Star Wars fans, WHERE IS BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!!!!!!!

but then i realised: nooooo battlefront 2 was immense, dont give modern developers a chance the muck it up!!!
kill it while it was good

Battlefront 2 was good? since when?

Missing SHODAN:

Man, whatever happened to the Space Flight Combat Simulator genre? Those things were awesome.

You could try I-War 2, it's a decent space sim and salvaging game from the year 2000 already, but you need a pretty good grasp of 3d space and directional feeling if you dare to switch off the flying aids.
I'm not getting this game, but might dig up Kyle Katarn gets his lightsaber/Jedi Outcast from last century, it does belong on the "good things from the SW universe" side.

I would be excited for another battlefront. (although it would have to be at least somewhat different) The online would be really pretty great. I would also enjoy another Kotor-ish game, heavier on the role playing. My opinion on what Yahtzee said concerning this game: "Lol pwn3d!"

Great and funny review yet again and spot on as always.

I finished Force Unleashed 2 as well and I felt too overpowered throughout the whole game.

Wasn't so much a review of a game as a hate message to sad slightly overweight nerds like myself.

I love you too, Yahtzee.

Schindler's List easy bake over...

i lold

FINALLY!

Finally a DBZ reference!

HELL YES!

(Nice review as always.)

Usually I take Yahtzee's reviews with a grain, oh well, a complete shaker of salt, but now I honestly think he's right...

I borowed it of a friend, who allready finished it and said I'd probably like it. I plowed through it in one afternoon and hated it's guts...

1 was decent, at least the story was half interesting. This is just a rip-off...

While the jokes towards us Star Wars fans were funny, I can't help but feel if you are grossly unattached to your fans, Yahtzee. Seriously.

"Who likes Star Wars anymore?"

A lot of people do. Probably too many people do. Because, sadly, we brought into our circle those who like games like The Force Unleashed.

Seriously, everything is always way too "OVER 9000!" with this game and its predecessor, which is a real turn off for people like me who still think the lightsaber fights in the original trilogy were better. Now don't get me wrong, I liked Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith with its fancy combat...but The Force Unleashed is just taking it too far.

I already passed on this game, glad to see it's not worth my time.

I actually really enjoyed The Force Unleashed, and even bought the DLC. But then Lucasarts released that "Sith Edition" with exclusive content, which was just a massive middle-finger to the fans who had supported the game in the first place.

Maybe I'll pick this up when it is re-released in double-dipping format...

I heard that the wii version of force unleashed 2 is the superior out of all of them. That's pretty sad when you consider that was the one they didn't care about.

Battlefront3 was finished and then killed by Lucasarts in a petty dispute with the devs.

Apparently it was the very definition of AWESOMNESS. Seamless ground to space transitions, grab a ship, dock with star destroyers and run around playing some more. Imagine the freedom of GTA in a Star Wars game!

But they killed it... and killed Free Radical Design at the same time. Thanks George!!

So the guys who brought us Time Splitters were killed in a petty dispute by George 'Vomit from a Pen' Lucas.

Wahahaahahahah! I laughed happy tears ^^

I'll still play it though, who doesnt like to throw their lightsaber around once in a while, huh? Know what I mean, know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink etc.

Mr Waffle:
I already passed on this game, glad to see it's not worth my time.

I actually really enjoyed The Force Unleashed, and even bought the DLC. But then Lucasarts released that "Sith Edition" with exclusive content, which was just a massive middle-finger to the fans who had supported the game in the first place.

Maybe I'll pick this up when it is re-released in double-dipping format...

That's how I felt, and don't buy it

I've watched most of the ZP episodes and I find them hilarious, but I usually don't agree with all of his opinions. However his review for TFU 2 was spot on, I was massively disappointed by it and he points out all the worst parts (padded out and still too short, lame boss fights, blah blah). The first one had its flaws, but it was so original, massively fun and REASONABLE LENGTH that it was still worth it.

I'm not buying TFU3 unless it gets god like reviews =_=

The_root_of_all_evil:
Star Wars is still a good franchise.

All you have to do is remove EVERYTHING that Lucas had directorial control over.

Leaving you with Star Wars, Empire, bits of Return and a few other good bits from the novels. Maybe the original RPG.
Oh, but remember it's the original, not the Enhanced versions.

Oh, and Tie Fighter.

The rest is ejaculate.

Actually, just get Joseph Campbell and Jim Henson and give them light sabres. That's the good part of Star Wars.

The game? I deleted it after a minute playing the demo. What a waste of time.

OMG I loved TIE Fighter! I forgot about that game!
But then again, I also loved Rebellion...

*sigh*

I miss Knights of the Old Republic... I'm gonna have to see if I can dig it up again.

I can definitely see LucasArts overpowering the crap out of Starkiller. The same was true for the first and the demo of this second game seems no different.

Suffice it to say, I'll probably borrow this from my countless amount of friends hooked on Star Wars.

Don't get me started on how everything thats not a book lucasarts puts out make the universe more retarded. It'd be a worthwhile investment to read everything if they just stuck to the 6 movies, but every other month you have a game or tv series come out that destroys the canon while being herp derp retarded for funsies. Like this one: spoiler alert, more than two jedi survive the vadercaust between episode 3 and 4, and they make shit up to pull another one out of nowhere in the comic all the time.

LogicNProportion:
Seriously, everything is always way too "OVER 9000!" with this game.

Pfft. Star Wars would never be *that* blatant.

Obi-Wan:
Over 20,000! Even Master Yoda doesn't have a midichlorian count that high!

... oh.

Awwww Yahtzee couldnt handle the level of difficulty in the super star wars line of games. That series was good, sorry you couldn't handle it and deem the game shit. So if Yahtzee has a hard time with something he whines and cries about it being the games fault...

Loved the review, as usual. I really have to agree that this seqel is just shameless money milking. People at LucasArts need to wisen up and learn to toss George out like the hack he is.

I'm still waiting for the next battle of Yahtzee v.s. Moleneuax in Fable 3's review.

I bet next weeks EP will be on Star Wars games in general.

Honestly i was expecting the "like god of war but..." stamp to come up!

yahtzee i've been a big fna of yours for a loour long time. i've loved your work in pointing out the many flaws in games. i thank you for that because some one has to start bring quality to these games. but as each video goes by i notice that you YOURSELF have become nuck warm and cold as the games you review. your jokes and quick wit has become dull and i really think you need to up your game before you can talk about other games. so yahtzee i want your next show for you to try to make me laugh like you used too.

the best thing that will ever happen to the star wars franchise is when george lucas passes away or quits

All I have to say is that a TRUE Star Wars fan completely ignores everything other then the original three films... and "arguably Knights of the Old Republic".

Arguably? It isn't up for discussion, Kotor is bear and shark combined.

Fun review.

Actually, you have to weigh yourself for a noose :)

OhJohnNo:
Wow... I didn't realise Yahtzee'd be cynical enough to only like 2 star wars movies.

I am an idiot.

Funny review though, and the game did sound mediocre from the Escapist review. And I wasn't planning on getting it anyway. But I agree with everyone else saying WHERE IS BATTLEFRONT III!?!?!

Most idiots don't even know that they are. :3

HankMan:
Force lightning is EVERYBODY's weakness?
That's....
*puts on sun glasses*
Shocking
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STOP THAT!!!

Any way, I agree that with everything in this video. But the one thing that rang true the most was when he mentioned how short the game was. I finished it in 3 hours, probably could have been less time but I was trying to get all the collectibles.

scienceguy8:

zHellas:

quantumsaint:
I wanted to play it just to play through as Guybrush.

Yeah, how do you play as Guybrush exactly?

http://kotaku.com/5672055/see-guybrush-threepwood-in-action-learn-how-to-unlock-him

Thank you!

So gonna do that when I get the game.

Well, at least you picked the right version of the game this time, right?

InterAirplay:

bwarrior:
I started thinking that

diggy140892:
I have to agree that this game is the biggest insult to Star Wars fans, WHERE IS BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!!!!!!!

but then i realised: nooooo battlefront 2 was immense, dont give modern developers a chance the muck it up!!!
kill it while it was good

Battlefront 2 was good? since when?

Since it came out, probably.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook