Daily Drop: Ceramic Turkey

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Ceramic Turkey

Giving thanks for breakable objects.

Watch Video

How many items themed around a specific holiday have you dropped so far?

I thought Canadian Thanksgiving was in October.

Is it just me or do all of these sound like wierd slang expressions?

'Im gonna go drop a ceramic turkey!'
'Woah, Im planning on dropping some gumballs myself'
'Did that last week, made me drop a Pizza'

Bye bye, Ceramic Turkey. I hope you guys plan on dropping a real turkey (cooked btw).

So we've seen Halloween items dropped, and now we're seeing Thanksgiving items. Now I'm already wondering what items will incur the wrath of Paul Saunders for Christmas time?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's cranberry sauce drop...

These things have a hypnotic quality to them... can't wait for the cranberry jelly!

...Am I a bad person if I say that I'm just kind of wondering how long it will be before this gets as boring as Will It Blend?

I like the music in this one.

Mydnyght:
So we've seen Halloween items dropped, and now we're seeing Thanksgiving items. Now I'm already wondering what items will incur the wrath of Paul Saunders for Christmas time?

I assume they're going to drop the presents they don't like.

I can't wait for the cranberry jelly! Also, the ones with the inelastic failures (shattering stuff) are my favorite, not that you have to please me.

Mydnyght:

I predict at least a week of various Christmas tree ornaments.

Did I hear Star Wars towards the end? Sounded like blasters and stuff going off.

Either way, A no nonsense shatter. Take that turkey! That's for being so dry and forcing us to coat you in gravy!

Calumon: But why do you still eat it then?

Jack: Because they're too damn nice.

Oh that shattering sound was awesome during the slow-mo part of the drop. :D

Can't wait to see what crap you guys break next month during the holidays.

Oh man, I want to see tomorrow's!

Why didn't you do this on, you know, Thanksgiving?

First: I can't wait until tomorrow. MMMmmmm.... cranberry 'sauce'.

Second: My 2yr old daughter accidentally (I think?) pushed her ceramic piggy bank off the dresser and it crashed. First thing I thought of was "Dang, I wished I had a video of that on high speed camera!"

[Turkey's final "words"]

GOBBLE?
GOBBLE GOBBLE?
GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE?

GOBBLE!!!
GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOB...
*CRASH!*

lol, looking forward to cranberry sauce

this was one of the few that not only looked cool but also sounded really cool. their was a really satisfying "Dong" when it hit, and the way the tail broke was cool as well.

Is the Back wall, at this point, SO sticky with the gooey residue of previous drops that the ceramic bits of turkey just STICK to it. That's just gross.

pluizig:

You are correct, our thanksgiving has come and gone.

Jack and Calumon:
Did I hear Star Wars towards the end? Sounded like blasters and stuff going off.

I heard the same thing. Don't know what it was for but was weird. I like weird. :)

Anyways, the cranberry sauce should prove a fun one.

Can I make a suggestion here? If you have a ceramic object, try heating it up by submerssing it in boiling water before you drop it. I'm sure everyone's dropped a ceramic object at one point or another, and knows it shatters exactly how we see here: a few big pieces, bunch of small pieces, and tiny shards.

This one time however, I dropped a ceramic plate after it was nice and heated from washing it (I like to use dish gloves and wash with scalding hot water). But rather than the usual smash, the thing went off more like a gun shot and practically disintegrated! I've always wanted to see this again, you know to properly follow the scientific method and all that.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Having only the most tenuous connection to this thread, I present for your amusement, edification, and horror...

The Gobbler

I thought it was cool how the tail absorbed most of the force and broke into the tiniest pieces while the head stayed in larger chunks.

Still loving this show, but I feel like every time I watch these I want the impact and a little bit before and after to be MUCH slower, with the final pieces falling into place during the credits at whatever speed you normally do them. It just feels like there isn't enough time to see the really interesting stuff, and way too much time looking at a few scattered pieces rock slightly or drop a few inches to the ground.

Despite my preferences though, I still watch it every day, so you guys are obviously doing something right! :D

pluizig:

oh it is! that was a fun weekend!

it is for THE AMERICANS!!

I liked the music this time, good choice. I wouldn't have thought that guitar and accordion (which I'll admit, I like anyway) would have been a good match to ceramic destruction, but there you go.

RandV80:
This one time however, I dropped a ceramic plate after it was nice and heated from washing it (I like to use dish gloves and wash with scalding hot water). But rather than the usual smash, the thing went off more like a gun shot and practically disintegrated! I've always wanted to see this again, you know to properly follow the scientific method and all that.

That does sound like an interesting experiment for future drops IF they are contracted to do more. I have a feeling that it is unlikely; it's a cool one-off thing, but probably not worth repeating regularly. Still, you could always do what I assume they did: go to the dollar store or thrift store and pick up some cheap, ugly ceramic thingbobs (that's a technical term for tchotchkes, which is the Yiddish term for baubles, which is the English term for kitschy knickknacks, and I have no idea where that term comes from, but they all mean junk!) and try it yourself!

InterAirplay:
...Am I a bad person if I say that I'm just kind of wondering how long it will be before this gets as boring as Will It Blend?

Considering the entire run was filmed in 5 days, I imagine they'll run out of episodes before they reach that point.

For those of you who don't know: American Thanksgiving is next Thursday. Just thought I should clear that up.

OT: looks about like what would happen if you drop your average turkey dinner as well, since they're frozen and microwaved nowadays.

InterAirplay:

I'm thinking the same thing actually, the novelty is wearing off.

OT, I only just realised that there was a theme to this week based off the comments, we don't thanksgiving outside of North America. Instead we have .... the third week of november ... yeah

Thanksgiving's coming early this year

Those sounds.... Are you going to destroy a copy of the Force Unleashed soon?

Busting up ceramics is always fun to watch. Such a waste of good cranberry sauce.

Why did I first see the title of this episode as "Germanic Turkey"?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here