Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gameplay Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gameplay Trailer

Deus Ex: Human Revolution showing off the variety of powers, weapons and tactics that can be employed in a single mission.

Watch Video

Really hope it turns out to be a Deus Ex and not an Invisible war! Btw anyone alse think of Mass Effect when they watched this for some reason? :p

Looks awesome, another reason why I should get this game (besides all the ones Xbox magazine gave me in the one issue of it I got).

It also looks pretty.

Oh man! Please be good!

Alright, that actually looked really awesome.

My hopes just got higher. Here's hoping that the game doesn't disappoint.

The best part of that trailer is that it LOOKS like Deus Ex! Not some shabby churned out sequel/prequel.

*cough* Invisible War *cough*

Vinticore:
Really hope it turns out to be a Deus Ex and not an Invisible war! Btw anyone alse think of Mass Effect when they watched this for some reason? :p

Future shooter? Who would've thought that would involve guns and technology.

But seriously, looks great except for the orange and his stupid Clint Eastwood voice.

Wow, that looks freaking amazing. I actually want this now.

Huh, this actually looks very good.

going on my after Christmas games list :D

I am not a Deus Ex fan as I don't have much experience with the series, but this looks cool. I'll probably get it if the story is any good. But as for multi-player, I'm going to stick with Halo and Gears of War, when it comes out.

Is that voice the guy who did Walton Simmons.. sounds like it.

Don't know about the gameplay :/ but it kinda felt like Deus Ex cos of that voice.

woot
Very excited

It reminds me of "Ghost in the shell: Stand alone complex" with all the cyborgs ,upgrades and hacking

While I'm excited about this, I can't help but think look more like a prequel to Deus Ex 2 in term of tech than Deus Ex in some way, but the vid make the gameplay look much closer to the first one (at least they brought back the old inventory)

and also i come up with this

"You are putting blade in his elbow?"

"Didn't you ever wish you had blade there during a fight"

"Not really"

"Well I'm putting them there anyway"

firemark:
I am not a Deus Ex fan as I don't have much experience with the series, but this looks cool. I'll probably get it if the story is any good. But as for multi-player, I'm going to stick with Halo and Gears of War, when it comes out.

I thought this game was singleplayer-only.

OhJohnNo:

Well then I know I'm going to get it in hopes of actually enjoying an FPS without a bunch of people telling me I should play online. Thanks for the heads up! Like I said, I'm new to the franchise. I'm still waiting for a single-player FPS that has a decent story. I want to scrape the crap encrusted in my memory caused by all of the Call of Duty series I've played off to make room for something decent.

It looks a lot like Inventory Browsing: The Game.

Actually IMHO the "Clint Eastwood voice" is the most exciting thing about this trailer.

firemark:

OhJohnNo:

Well then I know I'm going to get it in hopes of actually enjoying an FPS without a bunch of people telling me I should play online. Thanks for the heads up! Like I said, I'm new to the franchise. I'm still waiting for a single-player FPS that has a decent story. I want to scrape the crap encrusted in my memory caused by all of the Call of Duty series I've played off to make room for something decent.

Well, I like the Halo series' singleplayer. But I heard I'm a rarity in that regard.

As an aside, I think this isn't pure FPS - more like FPS/RPG. Apparently in comes into competition with stuff like Mass Effect and Alpha Protocol and Bioshock while being unique and its own thing. It sounded cool in the Xbox magazine, which is why I'm planning to get it (probably will wait for reviews though). The level of choice you get appeals to me.

Yay!

Now, here's hoping they follow CD Projekt's lead and don't fuck up the DRM.

I loved the original Deus EX, never got round to playing Invisible War, though I had read it was majorly simplified for consoles.
This is very reminiscent of the first which is a good thing.

Redem:
and also i come up with this

"You are putting blade in his elbow?"

"Didn't you ever wish you had blade there during a fight"

"Not really"

"Well I'm putting them there anyway"

Hehe, I did wonder about that bit in the trailer.
Mostly it looks like it is first person, but then he beats a guy up in 3rd person.
Dont know if thats a preset move where it cuts to 3rd person, or its just part of a cut scene, shall to watch again.

Also if anyone liked the first Deus EX you should try System Shock 2, they clearly "borrowed" alot from that game.

OhJohnNo:
Well, I like the Halo series' singleplayer. But I heard I'm a rarity in that regard.

I enjoyed the feel of Halo, very polished. The thing I had issues with was the story. It wasn't too compelling, there were cliches and I realize that it's to be expected, so it wasn't a deal breaker by any means and I still enjoyed playing it. I am fine with a game having a rather linear storyline, similar to Halo and lack those RPG elements, as long as the story is good. I loved playing Fallout 3 and Bioshock using a first-person view, but they still had a little bit more of an RPG feel because of the character customization and freedom of choice. I'm not looking for a Borderlands or Rage (although I'm buying Rage the second it comes out). I'm looking for an FPS with a story that I can enjoy. But from what you describe, I'm gonna get it. Along with Crysis, Rage, etc.

manythings:

Vinticore:

Future shooter? Who would've thought that would involve guns and technology.

But seriously, looks great except for the orange and his stupid Clint Eastwood voice.

Ow, you sure showed me, clever you. And come on, that voice is just the right amount of JC "gruff"! Gruff being the word I use cuz hurr durr peanuts

That's as much "gameplay" as the bioshock trailer showed actual "gameplay".

This is as much "Invisible War" as Bioshock was a "consoltard-ized System Shock 2"...
And Bioshock was an excellent game. This is going to the consoles, and consoles do not have a full keyboard at their disposal, so by nature this will be "simpler" than Dues Ex.

QUINTIX:
This is as much "Invisible War" as Bioshock was a "consoltard-ized System Shock 2"...
And Bioshock was an excellent game. This is going to the consoles, and consoles do not have a full keyboard at their disposal, so by nature this will be "simpler" than Dues Ex.

Looks like a lot more options than Invisible War had. I think the biggest problem Invisible War had was that it was on the original Xbox and they tossed out the epic levels of the first game for much more manageable levels on the console (the Serious Sam franchise did the same thing). I understand the PS2 port of the original Deus Ex featured those big epic levels... but broken into loadable sections, so you had frequent load times while moving around levels.

I'm a PC-to-console convert and consoles don't have the buttons to play with the more complex PC games... but the 14 buttons it does have is pretty close to my comfort level for PC hot keys. Games that required serious hot-keying (like Jedi Knight or Far Cry) often had me wishing that there was a much simplier scheme that could be used and I think consoles have done a pretty good job of providing a simpler scheme without sacrificing too much functionality.

And Deus Ex's controls... a bit too complicated in my opinion, especially the inventory system, which required constant attention because just about every guard carried cigarettes (an item I found no use for) which quickly cluttered up your inventory keeping you from picking up useful items. That and having to arrange to Tetris blocks in your inventory so your four blocks of space were in the right four-block shape to pick up an item. Bioshock had a pretty simple interface and had quite a lot of functionality.... and I won't criticize it for not matching the complexity of a game that it is not the sequel of. That it chose not to steal absolutely everything from a commercial unsuccessful game was a perfectly justifiable choice. It's still more complex that the vast majority of FPS games on any platform.

Oh god don't label it as a gameplay trailer when only half the trailer is composed of gameplay. What the fuck were they thinking? We know that there are takedowns shown in third-person, how many of those third person angle views were actually what the game looks like and how many were 'HEY LOOK HOW COOL OUR GAME IS'?

What little gameplay can be seen on this trailer does look very cool, though. BOX TO THE FACE

I get the impression the options available to you in terms of getting through the game are more varied then Deus Ex 2 (not hard to do I'd say), but more refined and toned then Deus Ex. If this trailer represents the game well then the Devs have struck a good balance without making it another mind numbing shooter.

Again, story and character is all I really care about in this series, so I'm not disappointed as of now, but the gameplay seems to be going good which is a nice bonus.

firemark:

It's single player only so no issues there :p

QUINTIX:

While not the most sensitive ways of putting it, this is how I see it. Good observation.

I would also like to point out that the advantage of having MOAR BUTTONZ! really amounted to nothing in Deus Ex (it ain't no space sim), so no loss there. I'd say the simplification would be more to do with regenerating health (could be good or bad) and autosaving (which is more or less standard now). Not much to complain about there.

Ohh lots of menus

nice....

eh, looks as over the top as The Force Unleashed :( Comparing it to Deus Ex where you could be any 1 kind of awesome at the expense of all of the others, so your choices impacted how you had to play (and made it an actual RPG).

/meh

w00tage:
eh, looks as over the top as The Force Unleashed :( Comparing it to Deus Ex where you could be any 1 kind of awesome at the expense of all of the others, so your choices impacted how you had to play (and made it an actual RPG).

/meh

That's probably how it will work in this game too, they can't show just one play style in the trailer though.

Anyway... I think this looks pretty good, I played the PS2 version of the original Deus Ex and the lack of a keyboard didn't really have that much affect apart from having to open up your inventory a lot more due to having less hotkeys. Looks like they've added a weapon wheel thats pauses the game, so it should be fine.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, from the quality of vision of the trailers, the looks of the gameplay, and the additional info I've gleaned on the developer's thinking. Combat doesn't look as 'plasticky' as the original, but Im keen to see more of the stealth/charm mechanics. The best thing about Deus Ex 1 was the way there was always 3 ways to do almost every portion of the game; here's to hoping they match or exceed that aspect! Even years later I was still finding new stuff. Even after ~12 playthroughs I still expect there's a bunch of stuff I've never found yet.

I wonder if it will be possible to get through this Deus Ex without killing anyone? The trailer didn't exactly indicate that that was an encouraged option.

Vinticore:

Every time I look at the new Deus Ex game, I get that feeling. I probably should make the point that that's a good thing.

Hell, this is what Mass Effect should be (combat wise).

I was one of the few that actually enjoyed Invisible war, and i am soooo sick of people whingeing about the smallest fucking things in that game. It continued the story (very well, might I add).
Quit your bitching, it was a great game. I swear sometimes it's almost like all you fanboys just jump on the bus "everybody hates this game, so I have to hate it too to look cool"
I don't give a shit what anyone thinks. For it's time Deus Ex: Invisible War was still a great game. It wasn't as good as the first, so what? Sequels rarely are. deal with it
This new one looks even better and I can not wait.
-Tabs<3-
P.S
It would be interesting to see how many of you people bitching about IW have actually played the damn game. I would imagine not many...
It's still alot of fun.

blue_guy:

w00tage:

/meh

That's probably how it will work in this game too, they can't show just one play style in the trailer though.

Anyway... I think this looks pretty good, I played the PS2 version of the original Deus Ex and the lack of a keyboard didn't really have that much affect apart from having to open up your inventory a lot more due to having less hotkeys. Looks like they've added a weapon wheel thats pauses the game, so it should be fine.

Oh god... The PS2 port of Deus Ex was horrible. They made hacking so much easier, and the overall difficulty of tasks was severely reduced for the console version.
You really should play the PC version. Trust me.
-Tabs<3-

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or