Unskippable: Yakuza 3: Part 1

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Yakuza 3: Part 1

Watch in awe as the world's least interesting gangsters faff about.

Watch Video

I would totaly go to Tattoo McSideburn's Discount Trident Emporium. I'm just sayin'...

Discount Tridents are a ripoff, you gotta get the premium ones or they just break after only a couple fish caught.

Mr. Omega:
I would totaly go to Tattoo McSideburn's Discount Trident Emporium. I'm just sayin'...

Yeah me to.

Those child's are his childworkers right? You know, to cut the salary and save money.

Actually the real Yakuza have a very strong influence in construction and real estate in Japan. In Japan it is only considered murder if a body is found so they just chuck the corpse into the cement mixers and lay down a foundation.

Who are those kids parents? Are them related to de game at all? Why is fake looking tattoo men fishing whit a trident ? what 'Deal'?
...this is the why beginning cutscenes exist, to be complete unrelated to the game, (the J's ones at least)

Mr. Omega:

Like wise, I would totally get all my tridents there from now on.

OT: My gods that was a boring cutscene... I know they can't be all whiz bang shooty stuff but gods.

Evilsanta:

Mr. Omega:

Yeah me to.

Those child's are his childworkers right? You know, to cut the salary and save money.

Pretty sure they were just his baseball team, as later suggested.

Also pretty sure "huh" really is the same in any language.

The yen vs. dollars joke was the best

"Wait, I thought that was 20 billion yen! Call them back!" Great jokes about the yakuza all around

dalek sec:

Mr. Omega:

Like wise, I would totally get all my tridents there from now on.

OT: My gods that was a boring cutscene... I know they can't be all whiz bang shooty stuff but gods.

You dishonour the noble house of Tattoo McSideburns! This is WAAAAAAR!

*Makes 45 minute conference call*

Oh my god, those kids. Why do they sound like that?!

he couldn't have picked up the fish from the market, it was still writhing!!!
also, I want a tattoo made with a trident :D

I never thought that anyone would actually look at this game. Thanks a lot for doing it.

I never thought that anyone noticed this game. Thanks a lot for bringing it up.

You forgot to mention this was "Part 1" at the end of the video. I'm pretty sure that important.

*cough*

Anyways, I'm going to need to rewatch this. I kept forgetting to read the subtitles.

-Weird Double post. Sorry.

It's gonna be a while, not gonna lie. XD
Hurray for 2 parter :)

I believe that the children were residents of "The Tattoo McSideburns Home for Wayward Fish Enthusiasts".

And of course the Yakuza's all about real estate! It's all about turf! What sets ya claimin!

And that guy was totally rocking that mullet. "Business in front, party in back" INDEED!

Kiryu Kazuma is the biggest bad ass ever to run a orphanage. Any one who hasn't played this game should, it really good.

It's a shame this game is a PS3 exclusive, it looks pretty original.

"I was working under the assumption that you're an idiot." My favorite line. XD

Yet another great video :3

demoap:
Who are those kids parents?

Most likely dead, there all orphans

demoap:

Are them related to de game at all? Why is fake looking tattoo men fishing whit a trident ? what 'Deal'?
...this is the why beginning cutscenes exist, to be complete unrelated to the game, (the J's ones at least)

The first third of the game taking care of the orphans, and they act as the driving force for the actions the main character takes in the rest of the game. so they are somewhat important.

It's actually really fun watching the Yakuza Intermural Softball League's games, provided they aren't playing the Mafia team and the players don't bring weapons.

In his defense, getting shot in a country which bans nearly all firearms outside the police is a bit rare.

All you guys ever do is JRPGs.

What this isn't an RPG? Well it's from Japan so it's all the same right?

Why put a guy on probation for saying "FIVE"?

It was one of the best lines in the video!

The Gentleman:
In his defense, getting shot in a country which bans nearly all firearms outside the police is a bit rare.

They must be damn good at stomping out the black market there. It's just kind of strange since most crime organizations tend to keep some sort of firearm around. Although not using guns is probably quieter and harder to track.

thepsychogamer:
The first third of the game taking care of the orphans, and they act as the driving force for the actions the main character takes in the rest of the game. so they are somewhat important.

Sure, because he isn't a bad yakuza, he only extort and kills people to help little monkey looking orphans, that of course, makes perfect sense (less)...

Fun game. I never got tired of beating the crap out of random thugs, and my conscience got off free because they always attack me first.

The cut scenes were pretty bad though.

demoap:

thepsychogamer:

Sure, because he isn't a bad yakuza, he only extort and kills people to help little monkey looking orphans, that of course, makes perfect sense (less)...

No, he's a retired Yakuza who no longer extorts but makes an honest living running a peaceful orphanage Intel a shady political land grab threatens his orphanage. and if you played the first two games, Why he decided to start an orphanage would also make a lot of sense

demoap:

thepsychogamer:

Dude, you don't get it. Kazuma is the NICEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE. He will go out of his way to help any asshole that trips across his path. You actually have to actively try to get him to fight you. And people do it. Knowing he's terribly nice and badass. And that his combat moves are incredibly brutal. But once he's done, he'll send them on their way with no hard feelings. Heck, if you had a decent reason or big troubles and you told him after he kicked your ass, he'd pick you back up and help you.

...But don't mess with Kazuma. I think Dojima there's actually not wanting to evict Kazuma out of terror. "Look, you have no idea... You don't mess with this guy, seriously. Yes, he's nice and he's running a goddamn orphanage, but I once saw him break a guy's limbs! All of them! Because the guy was acting abusive to his girlfriend and tried to attack Kazuma when he said for him to stop!"

Man's a friggin saint, seriously. Until you attack him.

wow! that scene was unbelievably pointless!!

I love that dragon tattoo that kazmua has on his back. its frigging awesome.

It amazing how much humor you can get out of a scene where basically nothing happens.

The repetitive background comment happened just as I was thinking, "the stuff in the window looks very familiar."

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here