Name Game: Thankful or Fearful

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Thankful or Fearful

I believe the lady is trying to tell you to run.

Read Full Article

I so don't get it.

Ha that's quite funny...

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

What part of it don't you get?

Black Friday is where a lot of game stores in America have large sales and discounts.

I think you need to be American for that one...If I hadn't seen that episode of Lie To Me where a guy was crushed to death in a crowd outside a store on Black Friday I'd have been lost.

GamesB2:
Ha that's quite funny...

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Black Friday is where a lot of game stores in America have large sales and discounts.

Oh, how dare I not know what goes on in America. Heaven forbid that countries custom not be endorsed by all others!

Pirate Kitty:
Oh, how dare I not know what goes on in America. Heaven forbid that countries custom not be endorsed by all others!

I didn't know either. I only found out by reading news articles on Trueachievements and the like.

I was trying to explain it. If it came across as passive aggressive I apologise.

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Not sure what Australia has, but for the UK, the closest thing to Black Friday is the post-Christmas sales rush, where things can get a little... hysteric.

What a racist jerk.

The sad part is I forgot it was black friday once, and for some reason Americans tend to think that Canada has Thanksgiving at the sametime. He have it in early-mid October. Well a bunch of Americans came to Canada for fuck-know-why, and the game stores we LITERAL stampedes. THere was elbowing, kicking, shoving, and I think I saw a headbutt... Just to make sure no one stepped anywhere near the game you MAYBE POTENTIALLY want

tharglet:

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Not sure what Australia has, but for the UK, the closest thing to Black Friday is the post-Christmas sales rush, where things can get a little... hysteric.

It's a time to pause.. and think of those poor poor retail workers getting the flak from all directions.... Hmmm... idea for an FPS...?

Pirate Kitty:

The way it works is everyone outside of America has to know about everything that goes on over here while we sit around and not care about what goes on in the rest of the world.

I plan to be a part of that rush come tomorrow. Those are some good sales... but if everything goes to hell (100% chance of this happening), there's always Amazon and Steam...

ProfessorLayton:

Pirate Kitty:

The way it works is everyone outside of America has to know about everything that goes on over here while we sit around and not care about what goes on in the rest of the world.

While the rest of the world yells at us to care through any means including what Pirate Kitty typed all the way to what was said in the black ops yahtzee video.

tharglet:

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Looks like anyone who was allowed to field a team at the Commonwealth Games has Boxing Day. I know in Canada it's gotten so bad that most stores won't take return/exchanges for the first week after Chritmas, just outgoing items.

OR! it could be a quote to Megadeth :D

It's "African American" Friday.

black friday at retails is serious business

awesome strip today

Well that just made Black Friday sound 100% cooler than it really is. Sounded like something along the lines of "Judgement Day", rather than just some shopping holiday.

GamesB2:
Ha that's quite funny...

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Actually Black Friday is a day where people stop giving a shit about diginity, drive 3 hours in the pitch black of the wee hours of the morning to the nearest mall, wait in line in their pj's for 3 more hours to buy something for 4 percent off, and knock you ass over tea-kettle to take what you're trying to buy, regardless of what it is or if they need it because they can save $7 on it, imagine a nuke went off and people are scrambling to steal supplies for their fallout shelters, but you need to wait in line for what seems like 3 very boring eternities to pay for it while standing in a Target that is bareley lit and smells profusely of body odor, having been dragged along unknowingly to this display of human insanity. Or at least thats how my first BlackFriday was like, "So how are you likeing Louisiana?" "Didn't you push me down earlier?" "Oh I'm sorry dear," verbatim, I had that conversation on Black Friday, an eldery women almost knocked me off my feet to buy some DVD's. This is why other countires make fun of us.

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

They're working a store on Black Friday

the day that... I believe last year?
anyways

I guy was trampled to death (yes- TO DEATH) by anxious shoppers when he opened the doors to Wal-Mart (on black friday)

If that's a soldier's stash from tf2, I love this comic extra.

That reminds me, I need to get my helmet from the basement...

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Black Friday is basically a day of extreme sales. How extreme? Well about a year or two ago in New York City an old guy, he was a worker at the store. Target Wal-Mart, according to the guy above me. Anyway, he got trampled to death by a massive mob of people after opening the doors.

War, War never changes

Pirate Kitty:

GamesB2:
Ha that's quite funny...

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Don't worry my child... You are forgiven... For now! *Dun dun duuun*

I work at a Wal-Mart Supercenter in America. Black Friday is like D-Day for us.....

I really hope it doesn't get that bad when I work tomorrow.

It's insane what some Americans do on Black Friday.
When people start competing so strongly just to buy shit that people die...ugh.

hah, awesome. I would actually be tempted to go out shopping if all retail workers wore makeshift armor more often.

Tonimata:
OR! it could be a quote to Megadeth :D

Onyx Oblivion:
It's "African American" Friday.

Well you two are awesome as well.

Luke5515:
If that's a soldier's stash from tf2, I love this comic extra.

Yeah thats what I thought. And Yes all others should know the exact schedule of every AMerican event EVER. Becasuse we're so much better than everyone else.
/sarcasm

Nincompoop:
What a racist jerk.

Im sorry, but you just won good sir... I tip my hat off to you

Nincompoop:
What a racist jerk.

what?

Who is racist? Why do you say that?

steeple:

Nincompoop:
What a racist jerk.

Im sorry, but you just won good sir... I tip my hat off to you

What, I still don't g-

....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

lolwut.
I don't get it.

Atmos Duality:

Why is Black Friday so special, anyway? You can buy stuff on other days...

SirBryghtside:

Atmos Duality:

it's because the stuff is in deep discount in black friday

SirBryghtside:

It's the one day out of the year retailers actually compete.
Just as an example, rather than a 400% markup on clothing (not an exaggeration, that really is what most catalog-name stores charge), it's 50%.

If not for Christmas, I'm unsure Black Friday would even exist.

Get shops which are designed to accomodate for a specific number of people at a a time (add some for some freak rushes to buy stuff, but really the shops tailor their systems for a steady flow of customers). Give everyone a day off and an incentive to shop. Great fucking idea.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here