The Escapist Presents: Deathwing's Disaster Report

Deathwing's Disaster Report

With the impending patch, the World of Warcraft is going to be changed by the emergence of Deathwing.

Watch Video

It may be dark and oppressive, but Ogrimmar looks hella cool.

Of all places, why the park?
The world evolves and advances, hope I won't miss it... in before nostalgia hits back.

Mmm, i remember the first time i played WoW. Tauren Hunter, stopped playing it when it took me two hours to do a corpse run in Mulgore.

Ah...memories. Garrosh is awesome, I hope for some serious Alliance butt kicking in Cataclysm.

Have you hugged Cairne yet?

To quote the invincible Leeroy Jenkins
at least i have chicken.

John Funk:
Deathwing's Disaster Report

With the impending patch, the World of Warcraft is going to be changed by the emergence of Deathwing.

Watch Video

John Funk, I hate you from the bottom of my soul.

I was THIS close to not buying Cataclysm. THIS CLOSE! Having successfuly avoided Wrath of the Lich King, I was almost FREE. But no, you just HAD to make this video and put it where everyone can see it. And now I've got a fierce case of nostalgia, my desire to level a Warlock is flaring up again and it's all your fault.

Well, at least I know where my first salary after I find a job is going...

DAMN YOU! why didnt you say anything about my beloved mulgore :( i loved that place.
still my nostalgia is no match for my empty pockets i wont buy this... yust gotta hold out for STOR

I checking out the giant charred penis art deathwing left in the Badlands first!

So global warming just hit Azeroth?

All good things must come to an end... sort of. The only thing I regret is that I never experienced alot of it, I never even made an Alliance character. This gives the game alot more depth and even makes it (in a weird way) more realistic.

Now excuse me why I prepare myself for Haters who will hate.

Logged on today. My only complaint is that the darn portals in Dalaran aren't working! I had to take the bloody boat back! Mages are making a fortune right now.

I keep trying to get out and they keep pulling me back in. Damn you to hell, Blizzard. It's like I just got over my crack addiction and you invent super crack.

I now know the joy of seeing an ad framed around a 34 second video ad that is being slowed down by a flash ad playing behind it. All for a video describing the thing that the ads are for. Delicious.

I hope this doesn't mean they removed ALL the desert-y areas. Desloace, Tanaris, Thousand Needles. Those were my favorites.

Wow... it didn't REALLY hit me unti just now that this whole world is changing. Memories.

But man, this is a ballsy, ballsy move by Blizzard... and I'll be damned if it isn't completely brilliant. Destroying the old world not only facilitates making the lower-level experience better, but also draws back in alot of old players to re-experience a new world.

movienut:
Logged on today. My only complaint is that the darn portals in Dalaran aren't working! I had to take the bloody boat back! Mages are making a fortune right now.

They're not broken, they're gone. They don't want people hanging out in Northrend anymore.

John Funk:
Park is gone, bad memories of Scholomance

That was actually Deathwings mission, destroy the park, the other places were just bonuses.

And my favourite old instances are Scholomance and Stratholm, they were awesome dungeons.

Jeronus:
I keep trying to get out and they keep pulling me back in. Damn you to hell, Blizzard. It's like I just got over my crack addiction and you invent super crack.

this... so f**kin true...

It looks like we're getting the short end of the stick here...

Yes, i'm Alliance. Deal with it!

Not sure how i feel about all the waterlogged areas however, it feels like Blizzard is doing that just to show off its shiny new water effects that were recently patched in.

As someone who is planning on deleting all my old characters (but keeping the gold of course) and starting all over again for Cataclysm, i'm a little concerned that without all the epics / heirlooms / mounts / whatever that people have gained over the many years and expansion packs, i won't be able to get a real foothold in the ladder anymore. I feel like i'll always be at a disadvantage. I hope Cataclysm makes it easy for people to "start all over again" without punishing them for it.

Reminds me of the apocalypse in FF6, especially the not-as-good-as-the-first-one new zeppelin you acquire after the world ends.

now all the nostalgi is coming back to me

Last two days have been a blast, and damn the Goblin hub in Azshara with the Rocket Run way. Never boring.

So it wasent just on my server that the barrens were a source of chuck norris jokes, good to know.

No. No no no no no no no. I will not be pulled back in. I said I wouldn't play another MMO until Dark Millennium hits the market, and I'll stick to that!

Besides, seeing the old world destroyed... makes me sad. :(

Haha. I can safely say that I have moved on from World of Warcraft (notice how I didn't call it WoW?), but I still feel sorry for Azeroth..

ripoff996:
To quote the invincible Leeroy Jenkins
at least i have chicken.

goddammit Leeroy just......goddammit

The ironic thing was that i saw the cataclysm commercial just before this video

Gralian:
It looks like we're getting the short end of the stick here...

Yes, i'm Alliance. Deal with it!

Not sure how i feel about all the waterlogged areas however, it feels like Blizzard is doing that just to show off its shiny new water effects that were recently patched in.

As someone who is planning on deleting all my old characters (but keeping the gold of course) and starting all over again for Cataclysm, i'm a little concerned that without all the epics / heirlooms / mounts / whatever that people have gained over the many years and expansion packs, i won't be able to get a real foothold in the ladder anymore. I feel like i'll always be at a disadvantage. I hope Cataclysm makes it easy for people to "start all over again" without punishing them for it.

I started again the other day. I made a new mage because I had no idea how my old characters worked anymore. Other newly made characters would walk up to me, inspect me for the heirloom armor, then walk away. I felt like a dog who has the worst smelling ass ever.

Fun times had by old // All the old watering holes gone, all new ones to explore and enjoy

-M

Meh, it looks just the same. Quests aren't really any different. Classes are the same. Races are the same, just a couple more. It's more of the same but different really. YMMV.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here