Daily Drop: Durian

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Durian

Smells terrible, drops wonderfully.

Watch Video

Also looks... odd.

Taste like burnt popcorn, the worst part is: it cause you to burp up the taste for an hour after you eat one, so if you don't like the taste, then you have to suffer through an hour of durian taste.

I clicked this wondering what a durian was. Having watched the video I'm going to have to go with "one of those" although that still doesn't really answer my question.

Oh God No. I thought i would never have to see durian again. That fruit is awful, it smells like death and tastes like death. That sickly sweet sensation of vomit and decay.

I've heard about this fruit. Dude why do people eat it?? It smells and taste like rotting meat.

Its illegal to bring that into certain upper class hotels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

It looked like some kind of alien egg when you dropped it the second time around. :D

Good luck cleaning that crap up and dealing with the smell though. D:

...The hell is that? Some kind of...spiky...meaty...thing?

Loved how it kind of wobbled at the first drop.

Weird fruit, it looks like it has plant people fetuses inside.

Oh I seen those in certain market places (I never ate those but they do smell weird). Just be glad that it hit on the ground and not on a person head (it look dangerous with those spikes).

I love durian and I think it's delicious and smells great. Must be an Asian thing. :[

ado01:
I love durian and I think it's delicious and smells great. Must be an Asian thing. :[

My parents love eating it, I can't stand it. Heck I leave the house whenever they want to eat it, I can't stand the smell. And it's a horrible stink spreader in the fridge.

I'm interested in trying one. My little one is anosmic, so she might be able to appreciate the flavor. I don't know where to get one, though. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some genetic variation in human sense of taste that accounts for that love it/hate it divide.

And the drop was okay. I like how it split up from the bottom, like a zipper.

I just had this weird feeling of biting into one.

gross.

this makes me think of disgaea, lol

Ummmmmmmm. Whats a Durian?

Looks like a Muppet head when it gets split in half.

god that stuff stinks.

Nice drop... I had to look that thing up before I knew what the hell it was.

I dont really see why people likethem, i tasted one while i was in thailand and it smelled as bad as it tasted.

AUGH, why on earth would you want to drop that? Also, where did you find one!?

Aren't durians banned from being exported, or something? I thought that you couldn't bring those things on planes.

What the heck is a... ah! A fruit!

I love durians! Garrus was one of my favourite characters in Mass Effect!

...what? Oh, those were Turians.

So glad that I don't have Smell-O-Vision!

I thought it was a another Koosh.

Bwah! That thing looked like it was filled with raw chicken or something!

Scarim Coral:
Just be glad that it hit on the ground and not on a person head (it look dangerous with those spikes).

Actually, the durian is well known for NOT dropping from people's heads (unless someone drops them on purpose of course). It can drop a few seconds after you move away, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be many head splitting accidents. Durian trees are psychic!

Not my precious durian! (I really like the stuff)

ado01:

It does appear to be an Asian thing. What a waste...

The Gentleman:

ado01:

It does appear to be an Asian thing. What a waste...

Well, im black and i like them.....
I think its just an intelligent thing. That only smart people can enjoy them.

I miss durian.......best ones from malaysia, D24 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And theres a myth about durians having eyes. So they drop on thieves trying to steal crops(ripe durians drop naturally, not picked)

MaxFan:
I clicked this wondering what a durian was. Having watched the video I'm going to have to go with "one of those" although that still doesn't really answer my question.

When I saw the preview yesterday I though it was a giant kooshball. Clearly I was wrong.

"has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine and gym socks" (Wikipedia)

Huh...

That's probably the first time I have been slightly disgusted by a Daily Drop. Upon first coming apart it looked vaguely like some kind of animal vivisection. Thankfully we have gourds to look forward to!

That's a bit disappointing. I was expecting a more spectacular burst.

Anyways, Durian tastes and smells like rotten chicken salad.

Blargh.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or