Daily Drop: Durian

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Durian, it's like eating pudding in an outhouse!

doomboy29:
Ummmmmmmm. Whats a Durian?

it's a fruit that tastes not bad but smells like pot on burnt hair

Awesome :)

Although, what the BUS is a Durian?

ado01:
I love durian and I think it's delicious and smells great. Must be an Asian thing. :[

I'm also Asian but I can't stand the smell of durian and I can barely tolerate eating it. Not even in gelato form, which I have to wonder they kept their store from smelling awful when making it (the place I go do makes everything in-house).

I thought it was a porcupine!But now that I see it is not, what in the world is that fruit?

Oh lord Durian REEKS. You brave brave soul.

Edit: Guys it's a fruit, grows on alot of trees in south east Asia, it's also famous for smelling like a barnyard next to a sewage factory. Yet for those brave enough it tastes okay enough.

But frankly it is not worth it for that hideous smell. In Singapore they find it amusing watching you try it. It's a past time 'watch the foreigner taste Durian'

"Widely known and revered in southeast Asia as the 'king of fruits'(...)" huh

Would light bulbs be fun? They sorta pop, don't they? I'd like to see it.

If I was an extraterrest alien thing, and some human tossed me a ''durian'' I would say; Hey, I used to eat something very similar back on my planet, thank you human.

OMG. Durian. Tastes like vomit, smells even worse. I shudder at the memory.

MasterSplinter:
Weird fruit, it looks like it has plant people fetuses inside.

oddly enough thats how it tastes

Blech, I can't stand the smell of durian, much less the taste. It's a vile fruit.

The insides have the exact consistency of partially cooked bread doough 0.e

Most people do seem to despise durian, but for some, it's practically a vanilla/banana/coconut hour of heaven. There isn't a very good understanding as to why.

Me, I used to fall into the latter camp, but later suddenly fell into the former. That was an unfortunate day.

Ew, gross.
Why does these vile... fruits (?) even exist to begin with?
They're an affront to logic.

ForgottenPr0digy:
I've heard about this fruit. Dude why do people eat it?? It smells and taste like rotting meat.

Its illegal to bring that into certain upper class hotels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Singapore_MRT_Fines.jpg

Hah! Forbidden fruit!

I think I'll e-mail this video to Andrew Zimmern.

Ah Durians, great fun in Super Mario Sunshine, not so mcuh elsewhere.

Part of me wants to be all like, "OMG, I hoped you used the aftermath as part of an Iron Stomach Challenge!"

The other part of me understands the implications of that and actually hopes you threw it away as quickly as possible.

Oh my God! That Echidna's spleen fell out!

Durian, eh? Looks like a combination of a kiwi, a pineapple, and a pumpkin's insides.

When it ripped open, so goddamn satisfying.

it's really an acquired taste i grew up with it and i love the smell and the taste.. in fact if you eat enough durian your piss smells like it too.. pretty hillarious

Wow, you western people don't know how to appreciate good asian fruits.

I tried it once on a trip overseas, but the smell is just so bad. I nearly get sick when I have to walk through the fruit markets hawking it.

It looks like your generic slightly exotic video game fruit.

I have never seen one before... meh. By the sounds of it (and the apparent smell) I haven't missed anything great.

Ah, the durian. What memories of that beast I have. The first time I experienced a durian, was in fact, when it was disguised as a wafer cookie. My dad and I used to have a tradition a few years ago, to go the chinese grocery, and try something new. Well, my dad found the durian wafers, which sounded exotic, and perfect for our purpose. So when we got back to the car, he cracked open the package. Which of course, filled the car with a sudden offensive smell, kinda like sewage. Now, normally people would have thrown it out, but we rationalized that it couldn't possibly "taste" that bad. Well we were wrong. The end result was me opening the car door and gagging off the side, with my dad sitting there, stunned with a piece of the wafer melting in his mouth. I couldn't believe how foul it was, but dad was braver as he decided to chew and swallow the one piece he had bitten out of the wafer. He threw out the rest.

Though the interesting part is, that around 6 hours later. After drinking some coke, he burped to himself. Though before he could say "excuse me" he let out a sound of pain and disgust. The smell of durian was potent in that expelled air. He couldn't believe that it would have remained as it was, for so long. After the supper, the desert, and the coke. It still remained pure. Though, we decided to have fun with this. He brought some of the wafers to his work place for the guys. I did the same, and humorous moments were had ;). I should send my dad this video, to remind him of what we learned that day. If it smells like it is, the it will taste like it is, lol! We laugh about that incident from time to time. It just never gets old.

O this is such a delicious fruit :D (Any Malaysian would agree)

Also really good at clearing out a room XD

Pirate Kitty:
Also looks... odd.

Be happy they got rid of that!! Durian is probably the nastiest tasting fruit in the history of the world! DIE YOU EVIL FRUIT DIE!!! Then again Starfruits are pretty bad as well...

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

That's not Pudding!!!

Madara XIII:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

That's not Pudding!!!

No, but apparently it tastes like it. >.>

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Madara XIII:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

That's not Pudding!!!

Fox McCloud: "I can't let you do that"

That poor soul...another one claimed by the awful Durian

Madara XIII:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Madara XIII:

That's not Pudding!!!

Buh? O_o

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Madara XIII:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Buh? O_o

Im sorry to confuse you, but if you see a Skeleton in a cloak carrying a scythe knocking at your door I suggest you start eating a Holy citrus fruit....oh and ask him if my deal with him is still valid XD

Madara XIII:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Madara XIII:

Buh? O_o

Im sorry to confuse you, but if you see a Skeleton in a cloak carrying a scythe knocking at your door I suggest you start eating a Holy citrus fruit....oh and ask him if my deal with him is still valid XD

'Kay... I'm gonna go hide in a closet naow.... >_> *runs*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or