Shamus Plays WoW #5: Another Day, Another Mine

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Shamus Plays WoW #5: Another Day, Another Mine

Unsurprisingly, the people of Goldshire are more than happy to take advantage of Norman's helpful nature.

Read Full Article

Ah the joys of low level questing. "You want me to kill more bears? Why did you say so earler. WHEN I WAS THERE THE FIRST TIME!!!"

You know, I forgot to check the Elywnn mines yesterday to see if they got Cataclysm'd.

Northshire is now overrun with orks, worgs, and goblins. They also have the guards actively fighting them now.

BloodSquirrel:
You know, I forgot to check the Elywnn mines yesterday to see if they got Cataclysm'd.

Northshire is now overrun with orks, worgs, and goblins. They also have the guards actively fighting them now.

Fargodeep didn't get it too bad, but the farms on either side have been pushed closer together. But Goldtooth is living outside now.

Nice, I enjoyed the swiftness with which the insanity surrounded Norman. I'm definitely starting to get into this story.

I'm debating whether to go back to WoW. I'm currently playing Aion, but the Cataclysm is certainly tempting.

Anyways, I've always loved these "Shamus Plays". They give an entertaining story to games that generally lack in that department.

Haha I loved the part about how they do patrols. Another great Shamus Plays and I am most definitely looking forward to the rest of the series. Will you still be going when cataclysm hits ?

I really can't wait to see what happens with Norman... I love this story

Shamus, all your play reports are a blast for me to read. Thank you. :)

Well, tbh, those marbles are worth their weight in gold when fighting bosses...it's just a pity you can only use 'em 10 times or so.

I don't even play WOW but this is still hilarious, nice one!

Haha. Norman's cracking.

The end is nigh, eh... Can't wait to see how this guy deals with the changes!

JoJoDeathunter:
I don't even play WOW but this is still hilarious, nice one!

Definitely agreed. Norman's moral descent into evil is hilarious to read about.

That reminds me of the joyous nights, when i started my favourite worldchatdiscussions, trying to explain the gameworld ^^

"Hey guys , look i found [Platemale]"
"Great, where did you find it"
"A giant moth was carrying it"
"... A moth in platemale?"
"......i .. guess"
"Well that makes perfectly sense, if you think about how many so called Adventurers are running around here killing everything in sight, every evolutionary perk might safe you as a critter.."
"Soooo, they developed their own biological platemail for the famous survival of the fittest ?"
"yup"
"how?"
"magic"
"Ah ok, thats plausible"

Stay tuned for the great "Oh my god how could dozens of wolves survive around here, WITHOUT A LIVER?" Discussion :P

Guy's gonna go ballistic, I tell ya.

*ducks and covers*

Fetzenfisch:
That reminds me of the joyous nights, when i started my favourite worldchatdiscussions, trying to explain the gameworld ^^

"......i .. guess"
"Well that makes perfectly sense, if you think about how many so called Adventurers are running around here killing everything in sight, every evolutionary perk might safe you as a critter.."
"Soooo, they developed their own biological platemail for the famous survival of the fittest ?"
"yup"
"how?"
"magic"
"Ah ok, thats plausible"

Stay tuned for the great "Oh my god how could dozens of wolves survive around here, WITHOUT A LIVER?" Discussion :P

I always hated how not all basilisks had a brain..

Fetzenfisch:

"......i .. guess"
"yup"
"how?"
"magic"
"Ah ok, thats plausible"

I always viewed that as "said liver got damaged while you were killing the beast. The guy who hired you only wants whole, intact livers." Yeah, I know this explanation falls down pretty quickly with other stuff. But on the whole, it does work.

This is an awful trade for the apothecary. You bring him some large candles, he gives you back some magic candles and a bit of money. He's basically paying you to enchant your own items.

I wonder what will make him crack first: Cataclysm(sp?) or finally realizing that everyone is going to use him if he stays with the light. For this reason is why my characters will not, anytime some, join The Light.

Wanna know the funny thing about that patrol comment?

Logged in to check Elywnn today, Stormwind guard patrols all over the place.

Grufflenark:

Fetzenfisch:

"......i .. guess"
"yup"
"how?"
"magic"
"Ah ok, thats plausible"

I always hated how not all basilisks had a brain..

A quest in South Shore, WoW, collect 10 murloc heads....seriously, had to kill atleast 30 murlocs for 10 heads...how do they not have heads? Or pigs have feet, did I just kill a peg legged piggy?

"I don't want you to buy them. I want you to kill for them."

If only storekeepers in the real world operated on this principle.

I think this just about sums up the insanity nicely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk

THE END IS NIGH!

Of the series? Already? Aww.:( It's been fun!

Embrace your name and your destiny, great Deathbringer-er, and start bringering the death!

... bringerering?

... bringererering?

... bringererererererererererererer- okay, I'm done here.

Still hilarious. Oh, those poor kobolds. They get chased out of their mines and have to mug humans to get by. That's how a bad rep is born.

seekeroftruth86:
I'm debating whether to go back to WoW. I'm currently playing Aion, but the Cataclysm is certainly tempting.

Anyways, I've always loved these "Shamus Plays". They give an entertaining story to games that generally lack in that department.

oh how is aion now? I got it back at launch but after a couple months I got really tired of the grind, did they manage to lessen that?

I really like this series. Keep it up!!

I wonder what Shamus will do with regards to Cataclysme. It'll be interesting since I don't play WoW anymore.

Worgen:

seekeroftruth86:

oh how is aion now? I got it back at launch but after a couple months I got really tired of the grind, did they manage to lessen that?

I was playing Aion a couple of months ago and the grind is still just as bad and the tutorials are still virtually non existent for new players. TBH I still prefer Aion over WoW though.

Formica Archonis:

THE END IS NIGH!

Of the series? Already? Aww.:( It's been fun!

He might be referring to Cataclysm. *crosses fingers*

Anyway, Shamus, despite its vulgarity, the Tauren Prostitute line is competing with "knee-high water" for your best joke.

Centrophy:

Worgen:

seekeroftruth86:

I was playing Aion a couple of months ago and the grind is still just as bad and the tutorials are still virtually non existent for new players. TBH I still prefer Aion over WoW though.

I really liked aion but I just couldnt bring myself to do the damn grind, its one thing if I have quests to do but having to just kill enemies to lvl up, that sucks, I was really hoping that would have fixed that so I could play it since it had so much potential, oh well, guess Im back to waiting for guildwars 2

Shamous. I noticed you spelt blacksmith wrong on page 2.

Worgen:

seekeroftruth86:

I think it's fine. Side by side their not entirely different games in my opinion. Grinding seems to be a common complaint, but I never really noticed anything that different from WoW. They recently released the expansion, so there's some new things to do. Not sure what exactly off the top of my head.

seekeroftruth86:

Worgen:

seekeroftruth86:

I think it's fine. Side by side their not entirely different games in my opinion. Grinding seems to be a common complaint, but I never really noticed anything that different from WoW. They recently released the expansion, so there's some new things to do. Not sure what exactly off the top of my head.

I got to like lvl 28 or 30 or so in aion but just ran out of quests and the only thing I could do was kill monsters to lvl and I hate that

Well Mr. Y your humorous retelling of life as a warlock, err demon, made me want to play this game again. So I clicked that World of Warcraft button on my desktop and now two days later it has finally downloaded (from 3.3 to 4.0). It's installing now so my computer is now free to do the nonsense that I usually require of it which includes blathering here.

I hope it works because every update of wow threatens to tell me my computer is past its prime. Because if my computer is obsolete then I must be too because neither one of us can find work.

31% I think that I like the beginning of the game the most. When I finally got to lvl 80, it seemed like the game just became an armor contest. At lvl 10 you just want to find some people to help you take down Hogger. Anyone will do, they don't need to know an exact procedure to kill him. They don't need to show you the Achievement for beating him just to get added to your party.

38% This is gonna take all night, besides I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing this game. I should stop drinking and go to bed.

53% I wonder if my old friends will start playing this again when the Cataclysm occurs? Will they take time off from their jobs like they did with Lich and run to lvl 85? Will they be "REALM FIRST: LVL 85" or sum such nonsense.

63% Thanks for posting these. They made me nostalgic but in the end I'm not that concerned about a fictitious world.

74% Quitting. If my computer wants to finish I'll find out in the morning. Maybe I will play. Right now I think that what I need more is a good Asian horror movie.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here