Escapist News Network: Stresstris

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Even though I have no idea how much work goes into this site(Thank You)....

BOOOO!!!! Everything going bi-weekly sucks. I'll adapt by only coming to this site every other Monday. Previously I visited your site daily. I'm only one user so that should not have any affect on advertising revenues.

biweekly (not comparable)

1. Occurring once every two weeks.
2. (chiefly British) Occurring twice a week (but see the Usage notes).

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bi-weekly

Confusingly, I am under the belief that Canada goes by British English. Perhaps I am wrong on this count. In any case, if it is the two weeks to take a break for Desert Bus, then why not just say they're taking a week break? This confuses me greatly.

Also, cars are nice, how many tracks? It's all good and well having a 1000+ cars but only 4 tracks [sic] to race them on is not a success formula.

Not that it really matters, I don't like GT anyway. :)

Tetris, on the other hand, is like CRACK.

Dooly95:
Confusingly, I am under the belief that Canada goes by British English.

Business-related terms are often borrowed across the border. Canadians also measure their weight in pounds and height in feet, but most other things in grams and meters.

asgardmothership:

Wicky_42:
Lol, biweekly in the UK means twice a week... that would be 'fortnightly' over here ^_^

I was going to mention this myself, however what I will mention is why did it take to COMMENT 24 before anyone noticed bi-weekly means twice a week - also thats everywhere where people speak english, not just the UK.

I want to point out that in the U.S. we use the term bi-weekly to mean once every two weeks. I wasn't aware there was a difference in other countries, but I agree that fortnightly would be less confusing.

Biweekly refers to once every two weeks in Escapist terms. Doomsday Arcade used the term, Doraleous and Associates used the term, and also, Graham said "You're biweekly...so that means *every two weeks* you..."

asgardmothership:

Wicky_42:
Lol, biweekly in the UK means twice a week... that would be 'fortnightly' over here ^_^

I was going to mention this myself, however what I will mention is why did it take to COMMENT 24 before anyone noticed bi-weekly means twice a week - also thats everywhere where people speak english, not just the UK.

To be fair, I think I was ninja'd - I just wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of the notification with an edit ;)

Wicky_42:

asgardmothership:

Wicky_42:

To be fair, I think I was ninja'd - I just wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of the notification with an edit ;)

Quite right, quite right good man.

Wow.......I didn't watch last weeks episode. Alright alright I'll keep up to date just stop scareing me.

Perhaps I missed it, but why are things going bi-weekly?

Is the Loading, Ready, Run crew overextended, or is Themis Media/The Escapist running into trouble and having trouble funding features or something? Or is it just general burn out from various people doing this kind of thing for so long?

Any reason as to why you guys are going bi-weekly?

MowDownJoe:

Tempest13:
Hey, Eternal Sonata wasn't that bad >_>

I believe they recently said that they enjoyed the game itself, but the cutscenes were just HORRIBLE. (Which is why it was their first Unskippable.)

Oh yeah, I can't deny that...

ENN IS NOW FORTNIGHTLY!!

(We discussed the bi-weekly issue during Desert Bus, it's just the UK that has this confusion)

Okay, a thousand-plus cars and going bi... weekly aside- did anyone else start twitching during that clip of Tetris?

"line piece, line piece, COME ON LINE PIECE, WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU LINE PIECE"

I want that Tetris blanket. I must make myself a Tetris blanket! Also, I liked how the last frame of the Tetris footage actually showed the player getting a long piece in the "up next" box. I-piece? Isn't that what it's called? I think I always called them the "eye," "ell," "backwards ell," "ess," "zee," "square," and "triceratops" pieces. Don't ask me why "triceratops" and not "tee," I was eight.

I was under the impression that adding "bi" to the beginning of a time-frame word could mean EITHER twice in that time or once each two times. For example, "biannually" can mean either twice every year or once every two years. Stupid English language. I love it, but it has some serious issues. Like white padded room issues!

Okay, that burn on Eternal Sonata? Totally uncalled for. You've made fun of it so many times...

LEAVE TRI-CRESCENDO ALONE! LEAVE THEM ALOOOOOOOONE! I'M SERIOUS! T_T

Back on topic (and more serious) I gotta be honest that... This episode was kinda weak. Here's hopes that while ENN may go bi-weekly, you'll just record segments throughout those two weeks and compile them into one episode.

Last but not least, thanks for the sort of 'fuck you' to Polyphany over bullshit like the 1000+ cars and Bizarre Creations being just sort of brushed off and ignored. Blur was a fucking great game and knowing it was a 'financial' failure really pisses me the fuck off.

Am I the only one who thinks they should've added 306 more cars?

NO BI-WEEKLY!! NO DONT DO IT!!

Wait, so does that mean the Biathlon isn't what I think it is? Dang and here I was thinking I was just missing the fun parts on TV... :D

Bi-weekly?!

Gay!

Actually there is 1032 cars in the game there is a special unlock for the Ultimate Muscle Roller Legend but its really hard to get.

I thought bi-weekly meant twice a week, and bi-monthly meant twice a month (every two weeks)?

Edit: I guess I should read the comments before I post my own, everyone's already brought up the bi-weekly thing. Also I'm in Canada, not the UK.

MowDownJoe:

Tempest13:

I believe they recently said that they enjoyed the game itself, but the cutscenes were just HORRIBLE. (Which is why it was their first Unskippable.)

Their first Unskippable was Lost Planet.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/394-First-Place-Unskippable-01-Lost-Planet

See? "Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet" and then "Next: Eternal Sonata >>" at the bottom.

Erm...1031?! Granted I haven't played a Gran Turismo since...well since 2, but even then the sheer number of shit car's was overwhelming! Who wants to drive a Fiat Panda through Laguna Seca?

Shame the bi-weekly thing. A real shame.

Lush, this is!

mjc0961:

MowDownJoe:

Tempest13:

Their first Unskippable was Lost Planet.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/394-First-Place-Unskippable-01-Lost-Planet

See? "Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet" and then "Next: Eternal Sonata >>" at the bottom.

Technically, Lost Planet was what they submitted to the film fest, essentially Episode 0. Eternal Sonata was episode 1. So, yeah, they did Lost Planet first, but the first one they were paid for was Eternal Sonata.

Canada is weird when it comes to expressions and spellings. Some things we kept from the British (we pronounce it "Leftenant" rather than "Lootenant") but a lot of our day-to-day expressions and idioms are American, and it's kind of a crapshoot sometimes which culture we draw from.

Not sure where the confusion over bi-weekly is coming from though. "Bi" means "two," not "half." Bisexual, bifocal, binary, bicycle, binocular, etc. "Semi-weekly" would mean twice a week.

Sorry if it has already been pointed out, but Graham stuffed up.

So you're bi weekly?, he should have said "So that means once a week", instead of "So that means every two weeks"

What Graham thought would've been bi biweekly.

Graham_LRR:
ENN IS NOW FORTNIGHTLY!!

I'm kind of upset about this change, but I will be much less upset if we can get a reason for why this change was implemented.

Chasmodius:
I want that Tetris blanket. I must make myself a Tetris blanket!

That blanket was sold during Desert Bus 4. I think it went for $1100 or something around that.

"Where were you? We looked everywhere for you..." BEST OPENING EVER! Great episode! I can imagine with everything else ya'll do, it's hard getting an ENN up every week. Biweekly is fine with me!

I'm not sure if the bi-weekly thing was a joke, because bi-weekly means twice every week. If you mean once every two weeks, then need to say Fortnightly or Bi-Monthly.

I understand the reasons. I know how much work it takes to create a show like this too when my boyfriend is writing his shows(Including Press to Continue :)). However, out of all the shows LRR make this is the best. Wouldn't it be best to cut one of the others, esp since a simillar show to the 'LRR' show won the film festival. Especially working in the games industry I appreciate the humour in this show, you really have no idea how close some of the stories are to the truth.

2 week old game news isn't great tbh.

After Kathleens rant about encouraging us to watch these insipid adds to get in revenue so that web-content creators can continue doing what they do...

.....I find the move to bi-weekly content rather......contradictory.

Hope they're kidding.

Can we please get a reason for the shift to bi-weekly? It kind of... scratch that, it really sucks.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here