Critical Miss: Gran Turismo 5

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Gran Turismo 5

The real driving simulator.

Read Full Article

HAHAHAHA great comic, I thought the same in some HD video, I can't imagine how it would be to play it =D

well, I haven't played it so....

yeah, I saw the HD gameplays, shit looks too awesome to keep eyes on the track =P

That's totally what I'm gonna blame everything on! Not my crappy driving, but the graphics being too awesome! xD

There's a hole in the Earth? Did someone divide by zero again?

Irridium:

Nah, its from a Deftones song. A bad Deftones song.

Are the graphics that good? Darn, I want a PS3 now

I guess the graphics is a great substitute for actual difficulty.

It's good enough to buy just to look around.
"Wait, I'm racing not just looking?"

Haha... good strip

oh well, the closet thing I have to gran turismo 5 now is actual driving, Hmmmmmmm, I supose it will do for now, but how am i going to drive in the opposite direction of every one else?

I want this game...sad face at moneyless hobo-like status!

Da Joz:

Irridium:

Nah, its from a Deftones song. A bad Deftones song.

You're gonna need to be more specific...Their entire discography is garbage.

Irridium:

Yes they did and the graphics are insane but the core gameplay can be faulty at times. I heard 200+ cars are polished and look fantasticf whilst the rest basically have been ported from GT4 with nothing added to it..Ooh well.

I think this is going to be one of the few games which will actually reach anywhere close to the other side of the Uncanny Valley.

I still find it funny how they delayed Gran Turismo 5 so many times as if it were a Valve game.....then reality hit heehehe Dissapointment never fails!!

Great comic, I enjoyed the art.

"Ooooooooooooooh, preeeeeeeeeeeeeeety." XD

Purty game.

Waiting for the public PSN demo...Prologue can't still count as the "demo" after all these years, can it?

So which panel was it where the purty graphics cause the framerate to take a nosedive like the lead guy of the development team or whatever position he holds said would happen?

Crashing is SO FUN! lol. I thought it would make a joke about hitting people then having to go through insurance and other things lol.

I laughed a fair bit.

Well played, chaps.

It took me fair bit to understand what happened in the last one, then I noticed the trees....

So... what? The game's so good it now comes with gravity? I don't get this comic.

zombie711:
oh well, the closet thing I have to gran turismo 5 now is actual driving, Hmmmmmmm, I supose it will do for now, but how am i going to drive in the opposite direction of every one else?

Perhaps on the other side of the road?

I didn't get that one. Is it funny?

So the graphics are that good...

I need to get this game now.

Haha! This almost feels like something that'd happen on Top Gear. I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the game.

NotHisRealName:
So... what? The game's so good it now comes with gravity? I don't get this comic.

Now I'm no professional racer but I'm pretty sure ploughing through the crowd and off a cliff is a bad move. Basically the graphics are so good that it's hard to focus on the road.

Was expecting a joke in relation to how long its taking to come out in relation to getting a drivers license/permit, this was good too I guess.

Tim Latshaw:
Haha! This almost feels like something that'd happen on Top Gear. I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the game.

They've been throwing it's name around on Twitter a fair bit, haven't seen a new episode in a while though, so can't say about the show itself.

Anyways, great comic, though I haven't had this problem just yet :P

I love the attention to detail on this strip. Right from the first panel you can see the poor bastards she's about to take out. And all the mirrors. I dunno, I just love little things like that.

Oh, and the joke was pretty funny, too. :D

Played it with a friend on his PS3 and have to say, that it does not have so unbelivable graphics.

If anyone's been wondering what Stout would look like with gravity-defying SSJ hair, there's your answer...

It makes you wonder why they included so many cars. They could have just included one, put it on rails, and let the left stick control the camera and the right stick control the radio.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here