Holiday Buyer's Guide 2010

Holiday Buyer's Guide 2010

We've been good boys and girls this year. Now it's time to start asking for stuff!

Read Full Article

I don't know which I like most: DR2, the Zod poster, or the Enterprise pizza cutter. Great list, guys!

Dead Rising 2? Little Johnny's gonna be dissapointed this year.

A little too many of the oddball suggestions for my taste. Modelling guide looks cool, although reading the lovelingly written Gerber knife guide was creepy as hell. I didn't know you could have an affectionate relationship with a knife.

Whoever wrote the bit about 2k11 is a genious.

Now if only 2K would make a game focused on Larry Bird and not that showoff Jordan...

Truer words have never been spoken. I can just imagine it:

Larry Bird running out on the pitch in the finals, turning around to the player and saying: "Are you ready Magic?".

2k13 could be focused around LeBron, except this time you hear crickets in the intro.

Escapist, I am dissapoint at this list.

cairocat:

I know. They had a prime opportunity to hawk their own shirts and hats and totally didn't take the opportunity...

I loved the pizza cutter

and the fact that the store page gives you "475" geek points hahaha

EDIT: i was checking the page... i LOVE all those things that they are selling

there is an enterprise bottle oppener "200" geek points and a klingon Korkscrew with another "200" hahahaha

Russ:
Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming needs a set of these.

It will still feel like I'm aiming/moving with controls similar to a crane!

Still I approve. =D

I already have knives, but I don't have a Bear Gyrlls survival knife. Looks like one more for the wish list.

Sneaklemming:

Russ:
Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming needs a set of these.

Still I approve. =D

Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming clearly has never played an FPS with a mouse and keyboard. I might pick up a pair of the FPS Freek attachments, but I certainly hope they don't swing my camera around like it's perched on an excitable dog.

The Gentleman:

cairocat:

I know. They had a prime opportunity to hawk their own shirts and hats and totally didn't take the opportunity...

Yet somehow I can't help but feel they're making a little cash of this list. Hmmm? :P

Already got the Bear Grylls Survival Knife. It's a damn nice knife, to be honest. You really get your money's worth.

What a bunch of crap! I would be highly disappointed if I received almost anything on this list. (Well, maybe the pizza cutter)

gsf1200:
What a bunch of crap! I would be highly disappointed if I received almost anything on this list. (Well, maybe the pizza cutter)

seconded.

That pizza cutter is damn awesome.
Some of the other stuff on the list were pretty nice, too, but i didn't really see anything i would want (well, except the Enterprise)

That seems more like the list of stuff YOU want for christmas, the only thing good on that list is Dead Rising 2...

sooperman:
I already have knives, but I don't have a Bear Gyrlls survival knife. Looks like one more for the wish list.

Sneaklemming:

Russ:

Still I approve. =D

Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming clearly has never played an FPS with a mouse and keyboard. I might pick up a pair of the FPS Freek attachments, but I certainly hope they don't swing my camera around like it's perched on an excitable dog.

It doesn't even matter - even if you did jury rig a mouse and keyboard to work on console shooters you'd be frustrated at the inaccuracy of the weapons.

Console shooters design their weapon spray differently so that precision isn't really possible for the majority of weapons.

If you don't believe me check out the development of Bad Company 2 on PC and Consoles. The Major change is that the PC weapons are more accurate.

That TARDIS cookie jar is pretty cool, but personally I prefer this one.

I would've gotten it for my mum for her birthday earlier this year, but I'd've needed to sell an organ or two to pay for the shipping =(

The list is deffo more geek than gamer. Pretty good stuff but nothing I would be leaping over the moon about.

I think I was expecting top 10 games coming out in time for Christmas.

Love the pizza cutter. I may have to get myself some of those thumbstick extensions too, they could prove to be an invaluable purchase.

Rogue 9:
That TARDIS cookie jar is pretty cool, but personally I prefer this one.

I would've gotten it for my mum for her birthday earlier this year, but I'd've needed to sell an organ or two to pay for the shipping =(

I like the TARDIS (for it's easy to pick/clean shape), but that Dalek would protect my cookies with the threat of extermination :D
good idea for the latest season's DVD, too
and, of course, The Strike Freedom Gundam :D

I want the TARDIS cookie jar! Mmmm.... Spacial distortion!

The Pizza cutter too looks awesome.

Time to make up my wish list :D

Fasckira:
The list is deffo more geek than gamer. Pretty good stuff but nothing I would be leaping over the moon about.

I think I was expecting top 10 games coming out in time for Christmas.

We will be posting our top five favorite games in December. Don't worry!

Greg

None of these things are even cool. I is disappoint.

Oh, I guess ti's nto fair... you at least have the Doctor Who season...
I'm not really impressed by a Nook, getting a Kindle...
The knife is just a damn knife...
The monster vault is cool but there's no need to buy it cuz' a friend will.

i wish more people liked DnD... : (

Meh list pure miss for me, and one item I would down right be insulted if I get. (I hate 4E!)

I want that pizza cutter! That is too awesome for words. And I don't even like Star Trek.

Hmm...I hate all things Gundam SEED, and the Gundam Mk.II Titan on Hobby Link is cheaper but on backorder...curses...

I like the idea of the 1/60 Strike Freedom Gundam but I'd prefer to find a 1/60 RX-78-2 Gundam. Also you can get bigger Gundams that are Jumbo Grade and there's a 30th Anniversary 1/48 scales RX-78-2 that's about 37.5cm tall. I have one of those <3 The 1/48 scale is as simple to build as the 1/144 scale but it doesn't make it any less awesome!

I haven't played it yet, but I suspect that if NBA 2K11, is anything like 2k10,2k9, 2k8 etc, then what that game amounts to is some designers sitting in a room saying "Do you know what is wrong with basketball? Too much dunking. I think we should make a game where dunking is really hard to do, and then make you grind out games, make it impossible to post up, or play low post without getting large numbers of fouls and finally force players to play a pass-first outside shooting game."

Given how unfun all of the other games in that NBA series have been, I think I will skip this one.

That knife seemed OK, but I'd rather have this one if I'm honest, even if it is hopelessly impractical.

Dr who on blue ray? Really is there anyone bothers with disc's for movies anymore? really?

Most of that didn't concern me, but the Enterprise pizza cutter and Zod poster more than made up for the rest.

feather240:
Yet somehow I can't help but feel they're making a little cash of this list. Hmmm? :P

I wish.

No, seriously. Anybody with a new product and some bucks burning a hole in their pocket, drop me a note. You could be in the next gift guide! Brought to you by Bassmaster (tm)

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54301)