LoadingReadyRun: James Cameron's Desert Bus

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

James Cameron's Desert Bus

A visionary director, directs his vision... of a direction. That direction is "left".

Watch Video

That video could have used more James Cameron bashing.

I love the discussion of modeling every grain of sand, then there's a closeup of the graphics engine where he manually rotates the single cube of sand to a new position. It's that attention to detail that makes this movie the single biggest movie of this millenium. Ever.

JacobyPAX:

While I might not think Cameron is much when it comes to, oh, I don't know, story or characters, you have to admit that he will take the technology he can use to the limit. He does deserve credit for that. Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...

I was hoping for a music(ish) full on desert bus vid like tuscon or bust last year, although this was quite cool. Also, desert bus: the movie. James Cameron would make the movie less boring, although how you make ultimate boredom interesting is beyond me. Also, does the fact that there are a list of stuff that happened in the credits mean you still have all of it saved and will be uploading it all?

Got pig, watched Top Gear...

I think I've forgotten something.

Anyways, good show. I presume the "specially designed studio" shot was the biggest problem, as was digging through all 150-ish hours of footage for the credits montage.

I still think the Air Freshener Scene was overrated, I know that's not a popular view to have, but I have to be honest.

The prequel will probably be banned in my country. Considering that going to a gay bar is frowned upon here.

I don't know about Cameron directing Desert Bus: To me, that script seemed a little...
*puts on sunglasses*
Dry
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JacobyPAX:

You know what it really needed?

More Cowbell!
*flame shield activated*

One thing that wasn't made explicitly clear. Will it be in 3D or the newly vaunted 3.5D?

I absolutely loved that video. Will we be seeing any more DB related humour, or is that it for this year?

i play minecraft, watch top gear, and i got a pig....im set!

though in the end was the titles songs that where song in desert bus?

Awesome job with Desert Bus for Hopes guys.

Someone needs to make a John Carmack version >>, great engine designer horriable game designer.....

Delusibeta:

I think it was play Minecraft.

Also, THE BUS STEERS TO THE LEFT (seven times)... Best. Script. Ever.

By the way... HOLY FUCK, Matt has a BEARD?!?! Sweet, I should've known that day would come!

why is it only 7 hours long? I hope there will be the 139h

coldfrog:

While I might not think Cameron is much when it comes to, oh, I don't know, story or characters, you have to admit that he will take the technology he can use to the limit. He does deserve credit for that. Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...

That's why for Cameron's newest masterpiece he got rid of all modern pretenses for a storyline or characters and put all of his emphasis on the pure, raw emotion of handling a bus through the Las Vegas desert. He understands your concerns and as the second one is now coming out, is hoping to blow away his last performance on the RETURN trip from Las Vegas, Nevada. He is changing modern cinema as we know it. You can say goodbye to those vapid buddy cop movies and those tedious romantic comedies, Cameron's newest epic trilogy inspires only the realest in realism. You'll probably see many copies over the next few months.

Tundra Motorhome... 'shudders'

I really miss Desert Bus for Hope. Not having the hilarity in another window now makes the internet feel small and alone.

:(

I was unaware of Ashton's...*highly unfortunate* last name. Also I didn't know who the kazoo guy was.

Fabian Stetter:
why is it only 7 hours long? I hope there will be the 139h

That will be the extended director's cut

*Crossing fingers for a prequel*

I've got my calendars set for 2018.

That was awesome. Also, wharglbargl.

Unfortunately, I was out of town and had to miss Desert Bus this year, but I hope someone was bored enough to record it.

On another note, why is only Kathleen able to pronounce "Nevada" correctly?

This warmed a very special place in my heart, the part that misses desert bus terribly. Can't wait for next year's XD

Mydnyght:

Delusibeta:

I think it was play Minecraft.

Also, THE BUS STEERS TO THE LEFT (seven times)... Best. Script. Ever.

By the way... HOLY FUCK, Matt has a BEARD?!?! Sweet, I should've known that day would come!

\
I think he's trying to replace Tim.
OT:I laughed. Good work Drs LRR. I wish I saw the end of Desert Bus

bakonslayer:

coldfrog:

That's why for Cameron's newest masterpiece he got rid of all modern pretenses for a storyline or characters and put all of his emphasis on the pure, raw emotion of handling a bus through the Las Vegas desert. He understands your concerns and as the second one is now coming out, is hoping to blow away his last performance on the RETURN trip from Las Vegas, Nevada. He is changing modern cinema as we know it. You can say goodbye to those vapid buddy cop movies and those tedious romantic comedies, Cameron's newest epic trilogy inspires only the realest in realism. You'll probably see many copies over the next few months.

Tundra Motorhome... 'shudders'

It just occurred to me that Desert Bus is a ghost story.

Look at it: A mysterious driver behind the wheel of a bus that has no passengers, that does nothing but drive endlessly between Tucson and Vegas. The driver doesn't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom: He exists only to forever drive the route that killed him!

Koeryn:

It just occurred to me that Desert Bus is a ghost story.

Look at it: A mysterious driver behind the wheel of a bus that has no passengers, that does nothing but drive endlessly between Tucson and Vegas. The driver doesn't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom: He exists only to forever drive the route that killed him!

Now there's a Challenge for DB5! "Tell a ghost story based on Desert Bus". Though, they did do a game of Mafia which was based on Desert Bus, which was kinda close (and had lots of people being thrown under the wheels and/or being impaled by the cursor on the loading screen)

coldfrog:

JacobyPAX:

Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...

*cough* Aliens, Terminator 2 *cough*. Cameron was actually one of my favourite directors growing up, and Terminator 2 is one of those almost perfect action movies. He's just gone downhill lately, I think it's both a combination of his ego and his attempt to mainstream his concepts. Also, he keeps recycling the same character ideas over and over. In his movies, capitalists are always evil for no decent reason, scientists are always the good guys, there's a strong female character (I'm not complaining about this one actually) and the military is run by sociopaths.

Also, he needs to shut the hell up about the Alberta Oil Sands, it is not a 'diverse ecosystem', barely anything grows there, it's just rocks and moss.

Mydnyght:

Don't jump too far ahead boyo - It's early days!

OT: Great video and with a lovely preview to some of the stuff that will hopefully be uploaded somewhere in the near future.

Also, Graham reads these comments. He told me during the bus. So I must say, WHATDOYATALK?!

Got so much love for desert bus. The credits were amazing, well done you guys! (LRR)

coldfrog:

JacobyPAX:

Didn't Aliens, Terminator 2, and especially The Abyss have enough story and characters for you?

I would love to know where the credits music came from though.

bus steers to the left.

my god that script you put up had me laughing so hard!

the head at the end was freaking terrifying!

A possibility of a Desert Bus prequel?! Genius! I'd watch it.

Also, Watch Top Gear. Play Minecraft. Get flag.

Alex Ford:

coldfrog:

JacobyPAX:

Didn't Aliens, Terminator 2, and especially The Abyss have enough story and characters for you?

I would love to know where the credits music came from though.

Blind Sight:

coldfrog:

JacobyPAX:

Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...

*cough* Aliens, Terminator 2 *cough*. Cameron was actually one of my favourite directors growing up, and Terminator 2 is one of those almost perfect action movies. He's just gone downhill lately, I think it's both a combination of his ego and his attempt to mainstream his concepts. Also, he keeps recycling the same character ideas over and over. In his movies, capitalists are always evil for no decent reason, scientists are always the good guys, there's a strong female character (I'm not complaining about this one actually) and the military is run by sociopaths.

Also, he needs to shut the hell up about the Alberta Oil Sands, it is not a 'diverse ecosystem', barely anything grows there, it's just rocks and moss.

No idea he did that stuff. I saw them before I actually cared about who was actually involved in making it, and since I'm not a huge action movie watcher for the most part, I never really re-watched them. Despite the time travel of T2.

Oh, except the Abyss, which I am embarrassed to say I've never seen. Then again, I've generally preferred my Sci-Fi in text form and so I kept putting it off.

Beard Matt looks like Tim. So I guess Tim is back!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here