Stolen Pixels #245: Tycho Brahe

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #245: Tycho Brahe

He has quite the impressive vocabulary.

Read Full Article

Heh. Shamus doesn't know big words.

Heh.

I would like to see Fighter from 8-bit theater or Neebs from Doraleous and Associates added to the table. Maybe they will make some expansions that let you add and remove your poker buddies.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason Tycho is in this game is because Hothead already made a Penny Arcade game. Don't expect any other webcomic characters in this.

I thought it was going to be about the Danish astronomer with a gold nose, a tame elk and clairvoyant dwarf jester. That would be a really interesting poker game

Since I'm unfamiliar with Pennyarcarde, I thought you were featuring the Danish astronomer....

But this is good, too.

Elan?

Wow... Put him and the heavy together and watch the fireworks...

No love for Richard?

Agatha Heterodyne!

<3!

Fools! I will destroy you all!

ask me how!

I actually didn't like the inclusion of Tycho and Strong Bad in Poker Night. I didn't even know what a "Strong Bad" was prior to playing it. They should stick with videogame characters.

But yes, Larry sounds like a good idea. So long as Al Lowe writes the dialog.

Sorry, Roger Wilco isn't available, he's taking an extended nap in the broom closet.

One word: Yahtzee.

Yeah, he might be less than thrilled with the notion, but it'd be piss-easy to animate.

Shamus Young:
Tycho Brahe

Read Full Article

Shamus. Did you just get vocabulary owned..? This is hilarious!

I do know those words. Ty has a very filthy mouth. hehe getting owned by big words.

Huh, so Shamus is a Girl Genius fan. Awesome.

Also, I think Grommit would be better than Wallace. Sure he can't talk, but his expressions and reactions to other characters would be priceless.

"Befriend you in your sleep"? There's several ways to interpret that, and I don't think any of them are good.

If they did Agatha someone would have to accuse her of cheating at some point in the game and attack her whilst removing her locket, releasing Lucriza on them all.

Oooh... terrible things could be done with that.

That or her little clanks could just whip up mischief under the table.

Another character I'd like to see: Daxter. I'm a Jaktard, but Daxter would be more cherismatic at a poker table.

Giest4life:
Since I'm unfamiliar with Pennyarcarde, I thought you were featuring the Danish astronomer....

But this is good, too.

I thought he was Dutch?

I'll go check.

EDIT: Arses, foiled again!

Inspired by a conversation I had yesterday with a friend I propose the following madlib idea:

[Activity] at the [Location]: Touhou [Brand Subtitle Postscript]

Crazy? Possibly, but not as crazy as it sounds. Allow me to summarize the facts:

*Massively popular indie IP in Japan has relatively untapped and potentially massive fanbase in the west

*Japanese creator has clearly stated his openness to commercial sale of IP derived products on a permission basis

*Western indie developer with experience successfully porting Japanese Doujin game onto Steam is probably looking for a new project

And of course the most important reason for this to happen,

*Every single character has uniquely EPIC hats.

Besides, I think we can all agree that idea which has the potential to bring heavy-equippable Cat Ears to Team Fortress 2 is an objectively good idea.

Guybrush! Insult Poker! I'm all in! :D

Wasn't Tycho Brahe an astronomer who had a metal nose?

How about Picco? He hasn't been doing much lately.

Nocta-Aeterna:
No love for Richard?

He'd probably just burn down the place. In self-defence of course. I know how dangerous orphanages are.

Elan would be pretty funny to see in it too. Misinterpreting innuendoes, noting what would be most dramatic, being Elan, yeah I can imagine that being pretty funny.

Brent Sienna and Guybrush would be ace additions.

Would be somewhat amusing to have Yahtzee as a playable character, fully voiced and what-not.

SachielOne:
I'm pretty sure that the only reason Tycho is in this game is because Hothead already made a Penny Arcade game. Don't expect any other webcomic characters in this.

Except as far as I'm aware, Hothead wasn't involved in any way on this, their Tycho wasn't voiced, and used a different model.

I'm pretty sure that the work that went into tycho was pretty much the same as if Penny Arcade never had a game before.

Also good picks for inclusion:
* Sergeant Schlock ('Cause he's like the Heavy crossed with Max, and it would be delicious fun to watch them play off each other)
* Manny Calavera (The game needs some deadpan delivery!)
* River Tam (Tell me this wouldn't be awesome)
* Rincewind (See River Tam, above)

Dr. McNinja. Or Dan McNinja. Either one.

Yeah i too feel, that there is some Elan needed at the poker table.

Both Elan and Nale needed, if only for the cross table banter/swordfight

I like this idea...I like all the suggested personalities, but....

Elan?

Are you sure... you do know his pun-ishing ability exceeds even mine.

I'd much prefer Roy and Hayley at the table. Especially self-loathing Hayley.

Actually, Varsuvius could beat Tycho in a big word contest. Especially given that runes can be put on poker cards quite easily.

Shamus is a student of the Professors Foglio? I'd have never guessed!

Serenegoose:
Agatha Heterodyne!

<3!

ask me how!

finally, someone else who knows who Agatha is, every damn webcomic or comic thread I see, I have to be the only one to says girl genius

also, dies horribly from goblins could be pretty good too

I would add gordon freeman to that list... but you know... it would be a quiet table.

Worgen:

Serenegoose:
Agatha Heterodyne!

<3!

ask me how!

finally, someone else who knows who Agatha is, every damn webcomic or comic thread I see, I have to be the only one to says girl genius

also, dies horribly from goblins could be pretty good too

Not as good as Seņor Vorpal Kickass'o!

But I wuld so much rather se a Girl Genius game before a Goblins game. Goblins kind of already got D&D.

Shamus Young:
Tycho Brahe

Read Full Article

Oh I'd love to see Brent Sienna and Elan in this comic!

Maybe have them team up against Guybrush Threepwood.

Why?

'Cause it's AWESOME!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook