Stolen Pixels #245: Tycho Brahe

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

LoorTheDarkElf:
If they did Agatha someone would have to accuse her of cheating at some point in the game and attack her whilst removing her locket, releasing Lucriza on them all.

Oooh... terrible things could be done with that.

That or her little clanks could just whip up mischief under the table.

Following established mechanics, her amulet could be her buy-in item? Though maybe a clank would be better... something for the Engy to use.

I would be shocked if they weren't at least considering a Guybrush add-on. No good reason I can think of not to.

Someone above mentioned Rincewind. Licensing him's just not going to happen but you could get a similar vibe from Jim, the protagonist of Mogworld.

Onyx Oblivion:
Heh. Shamus doesn't know big words.

Heh.

I wasn't terribly surprised.

Im the only one thought this was about a scientist?

Am I the only one who actually played the game who thought that the character and animation for Tycho were a bit off somehow? He doesn't 'feel' right to me, though I can't put my finger on it.

Who voices Elan in the game? ;d

The Admiral:
I would like to see Fighter from 8-bit theater or Neebs from Doraleous and Associates added to the table. Maybe they will make some expansions that let you add and remove your poker buddies.

If your going to have an 8-bit theater character in there I'd rather it be Black Mage.

Mullahgrrl:

Worgen:

Serenegoose:
Agatha Heterodyne!

<3!

Fools! I will destroy you all!

ask me how!

finally, someone else who knows who Agatha is, every damn webcomic or comic thread I see, I have to be the only one to says girl genius

also, dies horribly from goblins could be pretty good too

Not as good as Seņor Vorpal Kickass'o!

But I wuld so much rather se a Girl Genius game before a Goblins game. Goblins kind of already got D&D.

oh yeah, me too, the girl genius universe is so damn interesting

Irony's Acolyte:

Nocta-Aeterna:
No love for Richard?

He'd probably just burn down the place. In self-defence of course. I know how dangerous orphanages are.

Elan would be pretty funny to see in it too. Misinterpreting innuendoes, noting what would be most dramatic, being Elan, yeah I can imagine that being pretty funny.

I guess Elan would be the better addition, but I still think Richard might add some funny quips.

xqxm:
I actually didn't like the inclusion of Tycho and Strong Bad in Poker Night. I didn't even know what a "Strong Bad" was prior to playing it. They should stick with videogame characters.

But yes, Larry sounds like a good idea. So long as Al Lowe writes the dialog.

While they both were originally web-people(Strongbad being from Homestar Runner videos and Tycho from the Penny Arcade webcomic), they both do already have established games as well, and I'm not even including the cheesy little flash games hidden in some of Strongbad's videos.

The Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness is a penny arcade RPGish game that was actually pretty well done. Two episodes of it were made, but unfortunately funding wasn't there so they are finishing out the story for fans in a written format.

Telltale Games not only designed Poker Night, but actually developed "Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People" which was a point and click style adventure game. It was also episodic, but the entire story has been completed and can be picked up on Wiiware or the PC.

Edit: On a completely unrelated to video games note, I think Strong Bad deserves a place in fan service purely based on the fact that because of him 90% of the time I go to see if I have any messages I say quietly to myself "Check-check-checkin' the email, hopin' its from a female."

Worgen:

Mullahgrrl:

Worgen:

finally, someone else who knows who Agatha is, every damn webcomic or comic thread I see, I have to be the only one to says girl genius

But I wuld so much rather se a Girl Genius game before a Goblins game. Goblins kind of already got D&D.

I know!Right?
Have you seen the world map?

Edith: sorry, I mean map of Europa.

Or how about P.A. Tycho Brahe Vs real Tycho Brahe with the silvernose?

Edit: Oops, sorry for the double post, the treachery of multiple windows.

If that wasn't written by the guy who is personified by Tycho Brahe, then you are really talented to capture Tycho's personality and intellect. Either way though, this is really awesome.

Also, I miss Roger Wilco and it would also be awesome to see him again. Maybe seeing him in After Curfew with Doctor Breen would be cool, too!

Mullahgrrl:

Worgen:

Mullahgrrl:

I know!Right?

dont think so, I try and only read it in trade paper back form so I tend not to look around the website much so I dont get any spoilers

Abedeus:
Who voices Elan in the game? ;d

Elan is Jim Carey in "Pet Detective"
Nale is Jim Carey in "The Cable Guy"

SachielOne:
I'm pretty sure that the only reason Tycho is in this game is because Hothead already made a Penny Arcade game. Don't expect any other webcomic characters in this.

Girl Genius should be a video game, done in the River City Ransom/Scott Pilgrim style. I accept to dissension for this idea, for it is perfect.

Hey! If you are going to have Elan, please include Haley Starshine too! She could cheat and/or steal all the poker chips! :D

(Or Vaarsuvius, who blows up the table by putting Explosive Runes onto one of the cards.)

Personally, I'd like to see more video game characters. Maybe bring in Francis from L4D, the main character from Puzzle Agent, or something along those lines. Though I agree Wallace would be fairly awesome. Maybe add in Wallace Wells or Scott Pilgrim from the Scott Pilgrim series if you want to go a different route then games though.

I'm amused because just today I found out that Tycho Brahe was an historical figure in addition to a sarcastic guy in a blue sweater.

I'm amused because I already knew that Shamus Young reads Girl Genius because in an old blog post he mentions that he could cosplay as Castle Wulfenbach.

Although I would say I think Zeetha would be more interesting in a poker game. Her holy days are fun! (cha cha cha) Also Tali would be another very good character to use. She's shown to be able to play cards in Mass Effect 2, and her omni tool could be an unlockable alternative for the Gunslinger in TF2. And well, she's Tali. You'd instantly make every Mass Effect fanboy buy the game. Also Zevran? He could bond with Tycho over their mutual lust for Giraffes (I wouldn't put it past Zevran).

EDIT:

kastanok:
Someone above mentioned Rincewind. Licensing him's just not going to happen but you could get a similar vibe from Jim, the protagonist of Mogworld.

What's wrong with licensing Rincewind? he's been in point and click games before, and Terry Pratchett hardly seems like the most uptight of people to get a licensed character from.

omicron1:
* Rincewind (See River Tam, above)

As voiced by Eric Idle, as visualized in the PS1-era adventure games? Yes please!

Wait, is the PA character named Brahe? Thought it was just Tycho, and (Tycho) Brahe was the perpetually drunk Danish astronomer with a gold nose.

I believe any good game character poker table should include Mordin Solus from Mass Effect 2.

I'm biased, of course.

I vote for someone from the Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and/or Jak and Daxter universes getting around a poker table.

Is it bad that I clicked on this, thinking it would be a discussion about the famous astronomer from the 16th century?

I drool at the very thought of having Guybrush in one of these games. Mmmmm.

Worgen:

Mullahgrrl:

Worgen:

I know!Right?

dont think so, I try and only read it in trade paper back form so I tend not to look around the website much so I dont get any spoilers

Actually they sell it at cafe press.

http://www.cafepress.com/girlgenius.37587942

Don't click if you want to avoid absolutely all taint.
I say its not so bad.

I'd suggest including Frohman from the Concerned series, except that...

What they really need to do is make an Escapist game like this that features characters and columnists from Escapist exclusive content.

I'd love to see Wallace & Gromit. Wallace being the person at the table, nattering on about cheese and whatnot, while Gromit quietly takes care of the actual playing.

I read that with his voice being replaced by a grainy recording. It was great.

Also, if it had Agatha Heterodyne, Guybrush Threepwood, Wallace and Elan, it could be a 52 pickup simulator and I'd buy ten copies.

...I think I'll write poker fan fiction now.

It's so strange that this article popped up today, I first heard of Tycho Brahe yesterday, something posted on Reddit with famous facial hair had some dude named Tycho, so I looked him up. Fascinating story

Wait, wait, wait...Agatha Heterodyne playing poker with Guybrush Threepwood and Larry Laffer???

I AM SO FUCKING IN!!!

EDIT: Can we throw in Von Pinn and some of the Jägermonsters as well?? PLEASE?!?

Oh, and any plan vere you lose you hat iz a bad plan!

I was expecting the real Tycho Brahe
The guy from the renaissance

Worgen:

Serenegoose:
Agatha Heterodyne!

<3!

Fools! I will destroy you all!

ask me how!

I feel the same way! I read quite a few webcomics, and I never see Girl Genius mentioned, which is a damn shame. There actually is a Girl Genius card game, called "The Works". It's not on the market anymore, but supposedly they're going to make another version soon, so here's hoping.

Gordon Freeman has an excellent poker face.

Other suggestions:
Lindesfarne (Kevin and Kell)
Crow (MST3K)
Rex (Pixar/ Toy Story)
Phoenix Wright

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: