Review: Crazy Taxi

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Get ready to head to the original Levi's store one more time.

Read Full Article

But...Russ. It doesn't have the music!

The music is what made the game fun, for me at least.

The most fun I've had in a lot of games, was driving around and listening to the soundtrack.

Either way, I just hope that in a gaming world full of narrative, immersion, and multiplayer driven titles, there is always room for a little CRAZY.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

YEAH

That game is 10 years old? Jesus Christ I feel old now... That's CRAAAAAZY!

Onyx Oblivion:

The most fun I've had in a lot of games, was driving around and listening to the soundtrack.

Either way, I just hope that in a gaming world full of narrative and multiplayer driven titles, there is always room for a little CRAZY.

YES.

People who haven't played the game before will miss the one thing that actually made Crazy Taxi Crazy Taxi - the music. Without the Offspring tracks blaring, it is just a mediocre arcade stunt racer with ridiculously floaty controls.

Onyx Oblivion:

You should try playing it with The Cat Empire playing. It feels even better!

Man this review made me all nostaligic. I had this on the Playstation 2 and me and my cousin used to veg out to this game during those long summer days. We had Dumbledored that map!

The immediate gripe I had with this is the first replier said: they inexplicably changed the music. The new soundtrack is fucking terrible.

And the name-brand stuff is out. No Pizza Hut, no KFC, no Levi's... makes me a sad Sage.

Noooo... the music, the landmarks! I is disappointed. >:(

And they didn't bother with a graphical upgrade?! Even a tiny smitch? Damn.

Yeah, sorry, Sega, but there is simply no way in hell I can play this game without the correct soundtrack. It's as intrinsic to the game as the controls or the cabs themselves. You shall have to tell someone else to "shut up and move your butt" - I shall be giving this a pass.

Only 10$ .......... how can they do that ? oh right they are CRAAAAAZY!

sorry ill stop that now

I feel a...mad (:P) urge to play this game

I was a sad panda when I started it up and didn't hear the "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah". I just grew so used to it, after playing it on the Dreamcast for so long it just feels wrong without it. Its weird.

Game's still fun though, and now I'm off to buy the track. I'll be damned if I play Crazy Taxi without "All I want".

I bought it the other week. Was gutted to find out none of the old locations were still there, like kfc and pizza hut, and more importantly The Offsprings - All I Want was completely removed. The game is still enjoyable, but damn, it just isn't the same!

Uch, my gut now wrings around itself whenever I hear that word.

I ain't drivin' no cray-zeee taks-eee wi'out no Offspring.

Dunno why I wrote that in an accent. But hey, I already own the game for PS2 and also all the Offspring albums.

But yay!

Damnit, now I want to reinstall it and play.

I believe the PC version was the same as the arcade and Dreamcast? (I remember driving to real-life places as Levi's and KFC at least.)

Russ Pitts:

Read Full Article

"How many times have I said 'crazy'? I lost count."

Well my good man, I do believe that you said "crazy" exactly 25 times throughout your crazy video supplement to your review of Crazy Taxi.

You sir, are indeed:

CRAZY!

He said CRAZY 25 times ;)

Don't forget, it came out on GAMECUBE!!! yeah, for serious, I didn't have a dreamcast and I got sick of playing it at my friends house, so I bought Crazy Taxi for gamecube. Also, the dreamcast Taxi of Craziness has a sequel which is pretty crazy

So many memories.... oh so many memories. Especially with that music blaring. I would buy it, but I already have a Dreamcast with the original game so.... what's the point?

Also....

CRAZY

I remember playing it on the PC... Good times.

I too miss The Offspring music. Good thing I can import the music from my SD card to my PS3 and it'll be just like old times when I played this on the arcade.

No original soundtrack? Yeesh, so much for buying that re-release, I'd sooner get out my Dreamcast again; especially after the sample of the new music they're using. 'Doesn't do a thing to support the premise by the sound of it. Maybe if they re-release Crazy Taxi 2, which I never managed to get...

That said, though, was anyone else disturbed, on reading the game's character backgrounds, to discover that the old dude had created the 'Crazy Style' school of driving and persuaded local government to make it legal? That's right, the reason the cops never come after you is because the license they show you after each round is real in the setting and legally allows the characters to drive like complete nutjobs.

My Dreamcast is broken! Trying to determine whether or not to throw down $10 for a game I already own is hard... But it's not appropriately crazy without the soundtrack!

Seriously, that was one of the best bits of buying Sonic Adventure again - hearing the ridiculous '90s soundtrack again, and realising how much I loved it.

I'll stick with me Dreamcast version with The Offspring and my landmarks thank you very much.

I'll just play the GameCube version, got it for $10, 4years ago...

Onyx Oblivion:

Either way, I just hope that in a gaming world full of narrative, immersion, and multiplayer driven titles, there is always room for a little CRAZY.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

YEAH

This is a problem for me also, I want the awesome music to bang my head to as I drive so crazy they bang their heads also.

I pretty much play this game every day of my life that I have to go out driving on the DC-metro area Beltway.

Russ Pitts:

Read Full Article

HA! I have it on the Dreamcast and I'll admit, Hearing "All I Want" by The Offspring was one of my favorite parts of that game, so the remake having new music just wouldn't be the same at all

They changed the music? Well I'm already disappointed.

And they didn't even upgraded the graphics nor add any online or something else new.

Um I still have my dreamcast. I still play it and its still fun after all these years

There was also a gamecube port of Crazy Taxi, so it's not JUST on the Dreamcast.

I was all ready to buy this until he said "All I Want" wasn't in it, now it's lost about 90% of its nostalgia appeal.

Dok Zombie:
I was all ready to buy this until he said "All I Want" wasn't in it, now it's lost about 90% of its nostalgia appeal.

Sad, but true.

You have to wonder how much the Offspring were asking to re-licence that track, because, without wishing to dredge up a whole new piracy debate, if you can't give people that classic game in it's full remembered state, I think you're gonna find people heading off to the emulators to play the one they liked.

I'm guessing the Offspring saw how big Crazy Taxi was and got hugely underpaid last time and priced themselves out of it this time however.

I always wondered how much you'd get for being the theme tune to a game, and then, how much you'd get for being on a radio station in something GTA style, or just being on an EA Sports playlist for example, it must be only a few cents, as there's tons of tracks, maybe they're sold on the exposure it gives them.

Wait... so is The Simpson's: Road Rage basically just a cheap rip-off of Crazy Taxi? If that's the case, I feel so used... :'(

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here