Daily Drop: Sponges

Sponges

Daily Drop tries to clean up the drop zone, the only way they know how.

Watch Video

Failure? What were you expecting from sponges?

When I first saw 'FAILURE' my first thought was 'Crowbar?'

Much more entertaining after adding water. The same can be said for all things in life, and what the hell is that thing your droping tommorow?

Dropping wet sponges, best idea ever! Love the slow motion water droplets too! Besides, Paul's failure face is too epic to not have it as part of the video, making the dry sponge drop totally worthwhile!

2ndblackjedi:
When I first saw 'FAILURE' my first thought was 'Crowbar?'

I did too, but then I thought to myself, to what end? Sponges are spongy and don't react that much. Whole reason they are used as padding.

That makes me think a bucket of water (emptied) would make a fun drop, too!
...and what is that purple thing for next time, anyway? An alien radish?

What, no crowbar?
But seriously, I want to see an xbox controller dropped a couple of times and than smashed by Graham Freeman.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

AC10:

no.........just no...........

bleachigo10:
Much more entertaining after adding water. The same can be said for all things in life, and what the hell is that thing your droping tommorow?

omicron1:
That makes me think a bucket of water (emptied) would make a fun drop, too!
...and what is that purple thing for next time, anyway? An alien radish?

Think the drop tomorrow is another koosh as Graham mentioned they would drop different kinds.

Turns out wet sponges are awesome :P

AssassinJoe:

AC10:

Spongebob Squarepants!

it seems they are dropping the monster from doom tomorow.

I was hoping they'd do a wet sponge, instead we get eight.

bleachigo10:
Much more entertaining after adding water. The same can be said for all things in life

Yup. This.

Instant Success. Just add water!

(Wait -- Did I just reference the "Arc Rise Fantasia" episode of Unskippable?? o_O)

RejjeN:

AssassinJoe:

AC10:

Spongebob Squarepants!

I said NO!

It was okay with the water filled sponges. I thought they would bounce more when dry. Ok, 99 more to go until the drop floor is clean.

It wasn't so much as a failure as it was UNIMPRESSIVE. Use that next time.

You never know what you're going to get from dropping something until you try it. With some of the early pleasant surprises (pizza, binder coils), there are bound to be a few disappointments, too.

When I saw the video of Paul removing his goggle, I knew Crowbar wasn't ready (though it totally always is ready ^_^) so yeah, colour me surprised when they filled them with water.

Good editing with retaining the pre-drop 'rainfall' sequence, a beloved cliche of high-speed photography delivered on :)

Love your work, LRR!

Tomorrow: Beholder or Brocolli?

Dropping the sponges were a randon choice. Making them wet was a little better. At least they make a wet thud.

Why didn't they freeze the sponges then drop them?

I found the pre-landing water droplets to be strangely hypnotic...

RejjeN:

AssassinJoe:

AC10:

Spongebob Squarepants!

SILENCE!!

cke:
What, no crowbar?
But seriously, I want to see an xbox controller dropped a couple of times and than smashed by Graham Freeman.

Just to note again for those unaware that's not Graham Freeman behind the Crowbar. It's his air stealing roommate Alex. His over oxygenated blood stream causes his brain to assume all non shattering objects are in fact, Zombies. This is what angers him so much and forces him to smash things with Crowbar.

That was great, way better than I expected.

Hello? Is there a place we can request drops?

I would like to see a dropped:

Nachos
Full Coffee Cup
Deck Of Cards
Rubber band Ball
Someone Dignity

curious to know how many of these they do in one go. they can probably get away with doing a whole months worth in an hour XD

I thought it was kinda dumb at first, but I really love this series now.
Can't ever have too much slow motion.
And I WANT THAT BACKGROUND MUSIC!

MrSnaztastic:
I thought it was kinda dumb at first, but I really love this series now.
Can't ever have too much slow motion.
And I WANT THAT BACKGROUND MUSIC!

It's easy to get, just go here and you can listen to it or even download it from the escapist.
The background music is from Younnat and is "Old Movies Not Terrible".

Also I agree. You can't have too much slow motion.

Ranooth:

RejjeN:

AssassinJoe:

Spongebob Squarepants!

SILENCE!!

Oh hai Rantooth :D

Unimpressive until the water was added. :-)

DTWolfwood:
curious to know how many of these they do in one go. they can probably get away with doing a whole months worth in an hour XD

mcnally86:
Hello? Is there a place we can request drops?

I would like to see a dropped:

Nachos
Full Coffee Cup
Deck Of Cards
Rubber band Ball
Someone Dignity

Actually, to answer both of you, because renting the high-speed camera is ridiculously expensive (actually buying one is almost freaking unheard-of, since it costs more than some cheap houses), what they did was rent the camera for a week and dropped crap for 14 hours a day. The only thing left is editing, so requests will not be honored, unless you request something they've actually already done.

Also, Nachos were kind of done in the "Chips and Salsa" video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/daily-drop/2489-Chips-Salsa

Aww those pore things :-p

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here