Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Sexiest Glasses

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 NEXT

Kinda reminds me of that G4 show back in the day... Filter with Diane Mizota.

Chalk me up as another pleasantly surprised customer. Something that looks this fanservicey at first glance could have gone either way, but I thought it went the good way and turned out genuinely funny. Nice one.

I can't help but feel a little demeaned by this, i mean, i can see why someone would like this, but i just feel it's another attempt to put some T&A on the escapist that isn't covered in tattoos and playing D&D. Overall, the humour was lost on me, i could see where it was trying to be funny, but it was just a bit weak sauce.

Haakong:

You do make a very valid point, but personally I think escapist already got enough deep and insightful game evaluations. This WAS very superficial, but I personally dont mind a few shows like that.

Unskippable, ENN(to a degree), Game Dogs(for what laughs it gets) and Loading Ready Run (old shows like this were apocalypse lane, Doraleous and Associates, Doomsday Arcade, and Unforgotten Realms) are very superficial shows. They are focused on getting the audience to laugh, not causing meaningful discussion. If you couldn't tell, we have an abundance of that kind of content on the escapist. In fact, the only thing we have that actually does foster meaningful discussion is Extra Credits and moviebob's "The Big Picture" is looking to go that way. I just prefer meaningful to...oh...exploring the exact type of topic that we aren't supposed to make threads about.

Some puns were smirkable, some were forced, but hey, its the first episode! Remember the first episode of apocalypse lane? Or doomsday arcade? Everyone gotta start somewhere.

The first Episode of Doomsday Arcade was pretty damn good actually. Apocalypse Lane always sucked, IMHO, so it just never got better. However, for the record, when we follow the "it will get better" logic, we get a second season of game dogs.

But I do agree on the mini skirt. Not that I disslike watching a pretty girl showing as much of her body possible, but its a few inches away from being tasteless. If she was dressed in a bikini and thong I wouldve shared your view :D

I just feel a little patronized that she couldn't just dress like a normal person. It makes it seem like they are trying to make it more interesting by slapping breasts on it...which they might be...

jboking:

No wonder people still think gamers are fourty year old virgins that live in their mothers' basements.

Which do you think strikes you as a 40 year old virgin more:

A) The guy who is drooling and making boob jokes at the very sight of a girl in a tight shirt.

B) The guy who feels a little patronized by the whole situation. The guy who would have been glad to sit through a top 5 with some decent quality hosted by any girl/guy and doesn't need to have breasts thrown in his face to stay interested.

Both :D

(Clearly everyone is a 40 year old virgin)

You're right, maybe 40 year old virgin wasn't what I was looking for. I should have said "Which one sounds more like a man who has a brain that isn't attached to his junk?"

for the record, even though that ship has already sailed, I'd rather be a 40 year old virgin than a well laid man that thinks solely with the old divining rod.

jboking critiquing a series is different to rudely and openly accusing the series host of being devoid of any talent and using overt sexuality to 'win over the masses'. Such accusations are harsh and unfounded and only serve to make you sound like a jaded and socially awkward self-proclaimed internet genius. Cut the host some slack. If you don't like the show then that's fine... But is there really a need to be so horrible about it?

jboking:

I just feel a little patronized that she couldn't just dress like a normal person.

A) What, you never saw a girl in a skirt?
B) Isn't it patronizing to tell someone how she should dress?

Seriously, you guys sound like a bunch of frustrated kids who are angry at her because she looks like the kind of girl who would look down on you in high school. You guys are worst than those frustrated feminists who rages everytime a pretty girl is shown on tv.

I'll give it a shot but its sad she dresses like that.

@ShadowKirby
I've seen girls wearing a skirt like that and they're called strippers. Look at the footage when she's putting the glasses on her cat; she can't even bend over with giving the world a peek!

That was quite the chuckle.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks guys.

ShadowKirby:

jboking:

I just feel a little patronized that she couldn't just dress like a normal person.

A) What, you never saw a girl in a skirt?

I've seen plenty of women in skirts(though I've only seen a special type of woman in that short a skirt), that's not the point and if you can't see that you didn't actually look into what I'm upset over.

B) Isn't it patronizing to tell someone how she should dress?

Patronizing is being offensively condescending. Saying I would like her to dress like a little more modestly when she broadcasts herself all over the internet isn't offensively condescending, it's reasonable. The escapist slapping breasts onto a program that is otherwise garbage in the hopes that I'll watch it for "omg, she's hot." That's condescending, if you couldn't figure it out, because it's the escapist telling me, it's audience, what it thinks I'm interested in watching. Boobs and no worth content.

Seriously, you guys sound like a bunch of frustrated kids who are angry at her because she looks like the kind of girl who would look down on you in high school. You guys are worst than those frustrated feminists who rages everytime a pretty girl is shown on tv.

I'm not angry that she is hot. I'm angry that she wasted my fucking time with content based around a type of thread that we here at the escapist are discouraged from making because it has so little god damn worth as a topic. Aka Top five lists. They are going back on their word and appear to be supplementing it with breasts to make it all better. If I was just upset that there was a good looking woman I would have already been bitching about Kathrine, or Rebecca Mayes, but I'm not. I'm not angry with them because they make things that are worth the time it takes to watch them and don't try to patronize their audience.

Also, you don't seem to know what a feminist actually is, you just have this caricature of what others tell you they're like. Try this thread to help you learn what they're actually like.

come back when you have a point instead of insults.

omg, cat!

OMFG CAT WITH GLASSES!!!

maddawg IAJI:

APSunder:
So...The Escapist picked this over 80 entries in the Film Fest...I'm protest that at least half of them are more creative, more original, have better acting, have better special fx, and higher production quality. Sure...not all of them had remotely attractive actresses...but, what did I Hit it with My Axe teach us about putting hot girls in stuff just for being hot girls? Why isn't other film fest stuff getting a chance above this?

No, this video wasn't entered into the Film Festival. This is something independent from it.

For a list of the winners go here

Sorry, shouldn't clarified. I entered the contest and watched all the entries. I'm just confused why this was chosen over the entries being that the decision to pick up this show would've been during or even after the film fest'.

I spend almost 20min reading the comments in this thread and, as a girl, I have to say I feel very offended. You talk about her as if she's some sort of object. What if she actually likes dressing like that and talking like that. If she was a he nobody would've said anything, even he was going around in boxers. Grow the fuck up.

On topic, I liked the video and totally agree on the top5. I was thinking Bayonetta was gonna grab the 1st place but I have to agree, Gordon is far sexier. :D

APSunder:

maddawg IAJI:

APSunder:
So...The Escapist picked this over 80 entries in the Film Fest...I'm protest that at least half of them are more creative, more original, have better acting, have better special fx, and higher production quality. Sure...not all of them had remotely attractive actresses...but, what did I Hit it with My Axe teach us about putting hot girls in stuff just for being hot girls? Why isn't other film fest stuff getting a chance above this?

No, this video wasn't entered into the Film Festival. This is something independent from it.

For a list of the winners go here

Sorry, shouldn't clarified. I entered the contest and watched all the entries. I'm just confused why this was chosen over the entries being that the decision to pick up this show would've been during or even after the film fest'.

Ahh, that makes more sense.

I imagine that this is too fill the slots left from Doraloeus and Associates and I hit it with my axe. The former of which is on hiatus and the latter is thankfully gone for good. Both of which left just very recently.

Gordon Freeman? Another Bull S@&^ video devoted to the selling of Valve. Im going to call it right now and say that the next top 5 whatever the F&#% is going to have a valve game as #1

And will you people please stop promoting there garbage, just because some girl in a miniskirt says somethings sexy doesnt mean its a good video. Im sure this would get it's @ss kicked if it went on Youtube...

DBlack:
Gordon Freeman? Another Bull S@&^ video devoted to the selling of Valve. Im going to call it right now and say that the next top 5 whatever the F&#% is going to have a valve game as #1

And will you people please stop promoting there garbage, just because some girl in a miniskirt says somethings sexy doesnt mean its a good video. Im sure this would get it's @ss kicked if it went on Youtube...

wow Dblack that was a bit over the top don't you think. Remember this is Lisa's top 5 you can have differnt ones.

Anyway I wonder how many people have been put on probabtion/ suspended in this thread I bet there all for the same thing.

DBlack:

1: Her opinions, so... that kinda throws that part of your rant out.
2: Perhaps they'll be number one because...[pauseforeffect]They're good games! O.o [/pauseforeffect]
3: Just because you don't like Valve doesn't mean they suck. I detest almost all music apart from Classical, but I admit that other people like them and many are actually good, I just don't like them
4: If it went on youtube, the comments would all kick her ass. Or rather, smack it. Or rather again, insinuate smacking it and calling her 'H4wt'. It's Youtube. Of course they would.
5: You can swear here. And Ass isn't exactly a swear word. It's not even rude, it's just part of the body.

And that concludes my top 5!
Eyyy. See what I did there?

The Freeman never loses...

...always late though

Oh look. A cat. And an attractive woman. In an irreverant video series aimed at gamers.

Do 90% of Escapist profits go to Yahtzee? If so, he needs a raise.

This was cute; I'd watch more.

She dyes her roots black for some reason, though. hm.

She's cute and the whole production was smart and funny. I liked it. 500 some comments, I think somebody's got a new hit on their hands. Now, how to keep that up?

At the end, was that Anamanaguchi?

Good grief, Lisa is damn hot! Nice video too!

Exploting sexuality to reap in the veiws? TSK TSK
Great new show, Looking forward to next week =D

It's good that sunglasses were mentioned in this video.

Afterall, everyone knows that cool people always wear sunglasses.

It's better than Gamedogs, at least.

Meh. The mannerisms annoy me (saying "like" in public speaking, arghh) the list appeared to be picked pretty much at random, and it seemed like she remembered that it was "sexy" glasses for Bayonetta and Half Life, but wandered off into "cool" or "badass" for the others, which indicates to me that they didn't think through the concept very thoroughly but figured the title would get people's attention. It wasn't just the clothes that bugged me, it was the clothes AND the body language AND the valley girl voice she kept up most of the way through AND the pulling things out of her cleavage that came across as pandering. And the content that came off as something from an Entertainment Tonight segment. Except the crowbar moment, that was good. More like that and I'd be willing to watch the rest.

And maybe you liked the show independent of the bubbly miss Foiles, and if you did, good for you. But take a minute and look at the positive comments. How many times do you find the words "cute", "hot" or "adorable"? And how many times do you see "funny"? And if it were a shirtless guy I'm sure he'd get much of the same.

This series is likely going to explode.

Lisa Foiles.....She could wear my glasses any day........But then how would I see anything without them? Will amend my first statement. Lisa Foiles.....She could borrow my glasses anyday, as long as she gave them back afterwards. Good show:)

After watching the "intro", I see that some of the All That sense of humor is still present in Lisa.

Speaking of All That....

Amanda please!

That was cringeworthy to watch

Wolfram01:
Nice skirt

Really tho'... maybe a bit short for this sort o' thing.

Having now watched this video 3 different times, I feel confident in saying, aside from the outfit, (for which no leg or cleavage is showing) there's nothing sexually pandering about Lisa's content. I enjoyed this list far more than some of the more popular YouTubers such the now-defunct "Sadie's Gaming Infection" and a host of others. I also found it more entertaining and funny than 90% of what I've found on any of the channelawesome network.

As long as she's not bending over to show her thong or a massive amount of cleavage, I wouldn't call stuff like this pandering anymore than most video games or television shows do. She actually IS a gamer, she knows games, and she wrote, edited and produced that video. Hell, she even pitched the idea of a monkey island movie to some execs at Nickelodeon. So anyone who is saying that she's only here because she's attractive, obviously hasn't done their research.

Though I have no doubt the fact that she's good looking is certainly beneficial to her cause, her humor and content would still be funny and well done even if she wasn't a hottie.

What, no Shatterhand?
Oh well, I can't say I'm suprised that they were all fairly recent titles.

I actually guessed Gordon Freeman would be number one, but I was really surprised when I was right.

So in summary:

* Every hetero/bisexual man or bi/lesbian woman likes looking at attractive women
* The nerd community mostly consists of heterosexual men
* The nerd community, most notably, does NOT consist of a high proportion of women
* It's my experience that what most nerdy men want out of women is an intellectual peer, and that physical attractiveness is just a secondary bonus.
* I know of many, many women who pretend to be into nerdy things because they know that pretending to be into nerdy things can get them more attention than they would otherwise receive.
* Trying and failing to be seen as part of a community can actually be worse than not trying at all.
* The sure way to fail to be seen as part of the nerd community is to not display the requisite intellectual qualifications.

There's no problem with displaying fan service. There's no problem with trying to contribute to the nerd community. The problem comes when you combine the two and don't quite measure up to the latter. We can see attractive women anywhere. The rare commodity is attractive women with a brain in their skull.

What we hate is superficiality. We don't mind a shiny exterior as long as there's depth behind it. Superficiality with no depth just makes us feel manipulated and misunderstood. If you're up there in your miniskirt reading your latest paper on quantum theory, we're all for it. Smart *and* hot? Fucking awesome. If you're up there in your miniskirt presenting a generic top 5 list with few token nerd references (let's do it about glasses, because nerds all wear glasses amirite?), we just get angry, because we see it as a cheap attempt at gaining viewership without expending the effort of understanding what we are as a culture.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here