Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Sexiest Glasses

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 19 NEXT

Blayze2k:

To be fair, she did kinda lean forward and blow a kiss.
-_-
That's pure pandering.

I'm not necessarily saying I object, though.
I guess I'd just like it to be more subtle? So I don't have to feel like Pavlov's dog?

I get that, its just that raising a big fuss over these sorts of things tends to come off as protesting a little too much. So what if she dressed that way to entice guys to watch? If that's enough for a person to watch the video, fine whatever - its not like she's running around in a string bikini or anything, its just a short skirt and a tight tank top ffs. Its not like the Escapist is posting pics of sexy babes all over their site constantly - its just one girl in one video series that you can just as easily not watch.

Also whats with this "Pandering to the 'horny nerd' demographic" nonsense? Sexy women have been used to pander to the 98% of men who are straight pretty much since the beginning of time, or have you people forgotten what the 'oldest profession' is a euphemism for?

AC10:
You have likewise jumped to the conclusion she dressed that way simply because she wanted to, and that it wasn't a formulated decision on the part of the crew of the show. NEITHER of us have evidence to support our points.

The default assumption is that a person dressed a certain way wants to be dressed that way, unless they are homeless or otherwise not in control of their wardrobe.

That's like asking why a person is listening to a certain cd - if they didn't want to, they wouldn't be. It's just the default.

AC10:
Thus, the aching question simply remains the reason she is dressed as such. If it is a decision to garner attention to her physical features of the hostess for the enjoyment of the male audience, I disapprove of the clothing choice. If she really, really just wears stuff like that regularly in November, without the desire to attract male attention, with having the full knowledge it will do so regardless, then I guess my argument has no ground.

I'm not sure what it being November has to do with anything - she seems to be indoors from what I can see on the video.

The idea that "calling attention to her physical features" is somehow a bad thing is a prudish mindset born of Victorian conditioning. I would argue that that's the whole point of fashion. When I pick clothing to wear, I do so with two things in mind: (1) I think I look good in this, and (2) there will be people on this earth, maybe even people that I have to interact with, who will not like my choice. I don't let the latter stop me (barring some kind of dress code), and neither should she.

AC10:
As for dressing more conservatively, people wouldn't outcry she's avoiding the droolers. There will always be droolers. There are people who drool over Erin in Critical Miss. It wouldn't be feeding the droolers. As terrible as it is that droolers even exist, I didn't make the world here.

That sounds like a very good reason to ignore them and wear whatever she wants to me. Hopefully, she keeps doing it.

TheSarcasterd:
I say we all get together in a big group, buy some lumber and nails from Home Depot and crucify her.

How dare an attractive woman be attractive on camera while talking about video games. This outrage warrants any and all manner of demeaning, crude, sexually-derogatory commentary and response.

Stupid bitch showed her mid-riff while speaking about games. Truly an affront this awful has ne'er been committed.

Maybe after we nail her hands and feet to a cross we could also drive a wooden stake through the succubi's cold, uncaring black heart. I hope I am able to attend the event so I can personally cast my own feces in her direction.

I love you.

MNRA:
I am not sure how I feel. I prefer my discussions a bit more intelectual, the light heartead (dare I say bimbo-ish) tone is off-putting, but still not a half bad first ep. Resonably good looking woman wearing a short ski- I mean wide belt, discussing something frivolous like the sexyness of glasses in games. It might go somewhere. I'm deffiantely giving this series a chance.

EDIT: Ah, a previous poster said it more succinctly than I.

AC10:
A new series? Not too bad so far, I like that Anamanaguci was chosen for the music and the topics seem like they'll be fun. I agreed with the list, though Lisa is possibly a bit too perky for my tastes, however I assume this is a deliberate character choice.

I do feel a bit stereotyped by putting her in a tight fitting shirt and really short skirt though. Yes she's attractive, but that's not why I plan on watching this show and I feel somewhat insulted they think the Escapist won't enjoy game discussion if it doesn't have a hot girl dressed in a somewhat provocative fashion.

We aren't game trailers or IGN here.

Regardless, I will keep watching the next few to see how it turns out, good luck to everyone involved!

This. Full agreement.

I'm with these folks. I really enjoyed the tone of the video and the content was fun for a distraction but her skirt seemed to detract from the video with a kind of mixed message. She's plenty attractive without having to add scanty outfits and she's even easier to listen to with well delivered dialogue.

I hope the show continues to be as great as the first ep, just sans the tiny clothes.

She's right, damnit! Glasses do make you look smarter! And W00T! Now I have a video for Tuesdays. I mean, I didn't have one before. Unskippable on Monday, ZP and ENN on Wednesday, and EC and D&A on Thursday. I just need one for Friday (used to have Apocalypse Lane, but that ended).

Ara69:
Really?... I mean... Really....

I agree with this person. This is so entirely sexually fueled. People complain that gamers are freaks who oogle over odd, ridiculously attractive women with rather prominent racks in videogames. Enter Lisa Foiles. Nothing against the girl, but I don't see why an equally qualified woman who was butt ugly couldn't have done this. Or, gee, maybe even a GUY.

I'm sorry, but this just screams "this video only relies on sex appeal!" to me.

Interesting video. Not quite the smoothest, but its the first of a series so whatcha gonna do? Hopefully you'll hit your stride and pump out some good videos. Hope you don't rely too much on the sex appeal (come on we all know it was there, the episode was about the sexiest glasses, she kept pulling stuff out from her cleavage (although I like the whole pulling stuff out of nowhere bit, pretty cool); it was definately there), you could have a good series without pandering to something so low-brow. I'll have to see how it turns out in the end.

Although Gorden Freeman is quite the looker with those glasses of his. And this is coming from a straight dude.

at first i was like :/
but then i was like :|
now i'm like :)

this can stay.

Had to mute the sound to make it watchable, but after that it wasn't too horrible, if a bit pandering.

MNRA:
I am not sure how I feel. I prefer my discussions a bit more intelectual, the light heartead (dare I say bimbo-ish) tone is off-putting, but still not a half bad first ep. Resonably good looking woman wearing a short ski- I mean wide belt, discussing something frivolous like the sexyness of glasses in games. It might go somewhere. I'm deffiantely giving this series a chance.

EDIT: Ah, a previous poster said it more succinctly than I.

AC10:
A new series? Not too bad so far, I like that Anamanaguci was chosen for the music and the topics seem like they'll be fun. I agreed with the list, though Lisa is possibly a bit too perky for my tastes, however I assume this is a deliberate character choice.

I do feel a bit stereotyped by putting her in a tight fitting shirt and really short skirt though. Yes she's attractive, but that's not why I plan on watching this show and I feel somewhat insulted they think the Escapist won't enjoy game discussion if it doesn't have a hot girl dressed in a somewhat provocative fashion.

We aren't game trailers or IGN here.

Regardless, I will keep watching the next few to see how it turns out, good luck to everyone involved!

This. Full agreement.

I dont think it's even that she just has the Aura of the booth babe, tone it down... a little and yeah i think you got something.

i'd say a bit more energetic, peppy, and not world hating than i'm used to, but we all need that ray of sunshine every now and then. and hey look it only took 8 posts before someone got the hammer.

but back to the video at hand. gordon freeman is the fekking man. goatees rock.

Sparrow:

Ara69:

I agree with this person. This is so entirely sexually fueled. People complain that gamers are freaks who oogle over odd, ridiculously attractive women with rather prominent racks in videogames. Enter Lisa Foiles. Nothing against the girl, but I don't see why an equally qualified woman who was butt ugly couldn't have done this. Or, gee, maybe even a GUY.

I agree entirely with this, she's clearly using her body to appeal to the audience. Pulling out objects from between her breasts can't be interpreted as anything else. Every scene seemed like an excuse for her to try and look sexy for the viewer. I won't be watching this again as I don't think gamers need an even worse reputation that this series will give them.

Freeman's glasses aren't really that great, IMO. They look bland and you can find them on almost everyone nowadays. But it would be hilarious to see them in 1st person somehow.

Logic Sword:
Didn't enjoy this at all, there are hundreds of top 5 lists on YouTube, I didn't smile once while watching this.

Would there still be all the love for this if it was a guy doing it? I'm guessing not.

I'd actually prefer a guy doing the video. The lady is a bit too enthusiastic for my taste. But I agree, you can find lists like these on youtube by the ton.

What... the ... hell...

Okay, I see a new game related show with a pretty cute girl on the front, and I really don't expect anything worthwhile. But watching that, she was actually FUNNY... I mean seriously, that was better than D and Associates, Apocalypse, Game Dogs and Hit it With My Axe! Short, snappy banter with a You-Tubish comic style.

I'm surprised but hey... good job... good job.

wasnt the best swidish I have heard, but I guess good enough O.- Im just a dumb norwegian guy or as they say in Sweden "nordbagga" XD

Good choice and nice variety of vid. characters. Though seriously...the belt-come-skirt just seemed a bit...."lets get the 15 year olds all worked up". Still t'was good.

Sacman:
Hm... this was a nice surprise... but what no Ozzy, The prince of darkness since 1979?

i agree he should have been #1 in my books

also as far as the show goes its a bit "meh" for me i will give it some more time though hell i gave "i hit it with my axe" atleast 5 shows before giving up

GamesB2:
That was quite good, looking forward to more of this!

I never found Bayonetta attractive... maybe it's just me being British.

Also Gordon Freemans glasses number 1? ... eh, I disagree...

+1, Gordon kicks combine ass, but his glasses could look better. JC Denton on the other hand... :D

MNRA:
I am not sure how I feel. I prefer my discussions a bit more intelectual, the light heartead (dare I say bimbo-ish) tone is off-putting, but still not a half bad first ep.

This is pretty much how I feel too. The presentation seems a bit artificially cheerful (and some aspects seem calculated to appeal mostly to guys - in a less than ideal way), but I'll give it a chance.

Fullmetalfan:

Sparrow:

Ara69:

I agree entirely with this, she's clearly using her body to appeal to the audience. Pulling out objects from between her breasts can't be interpreted as anything else. Every scene seemed like an excuse for her to try and look sexy for the viewer. I won't be watching this again as I don't think gamers need an even worse reputation that this series will give them.

I am somewhat flattered that, although I doubt you specifically joined just to quote me, that your first post is one quoting what I said. And you made your point better than I could, I always forget the specific examples. She must be freezing her tiny legs off in that skirt, it is winter after all.

Interesting. You have my attention.

AC10:
You have likewise jumped to the conclusion she dressed that way simply because she wanted to, and that it wasn't a formulated decision on the part of the crew of the show. NEITHER of us have evidence to support our points.

While I don't know much about the show itself, I do know that it's her show. She's not someone that we (or someone else) hired to read from a script. She may have people helping her, even helping her write, but all the content is ultimately in her hands. All of our stuff works that way.

That felt...awkward. I don't really know how else to describe it.

well, it's a bit hard to judge the entire series after one video. This being a top <number> concept, it's bound to cause A LOT of discussion, controversy and other shit but that's a good thing. And it might just open up some unconventional topics, WINK WINK HINT HINT. But don't take this as me, some anonymous internet forum posters telling you guys how to do your jobs, natch.

Here's my beef though, while Lisa is obviously very good looking and everyone saying otherwise is gay and/or trolling, this is NOT supposed to be a selling point, I mean, we're not all 12yo or massive pervs (for the record, yes, i am a massive perv and so what). Besides, using a female body to boast something, yeah, totally new and original.... The way she approaches it, well, I dunno, seems it's all artificial and the delivery is as if it was meant for someone else, the general outgoing and totally airhead-ish style of talking, with lots of body movements and arms flailing, hm, like i said, i dunno. Maybe I just prefer things to be rather dark, cynical, negative and all. But hey, not stopping, maybe i just got the wrong impression. Or maybe it's that whole blonde thing that's making me fail to understand the big picture, but that's a can of worms I am obviously not opening. It's a local thing.

Oh and, bleeps??? What the shit? You don't bleep. Yahtzee doesn't bleep. Unskippable doesn't bleep. Even that overly high brow Extra Credits crew doesn't bleep. It breaks the flow of a sentence, and though it's obvious what the word is and the bleeping is blatantly token it's completely unnecessary. OK then, let's now wait for some more

I like dis lady

Sparrow:

Fullmetalfan:

Sparrow:

I am somewhat flattered that, although I doubt you specifically joined just to quote me, that your first post is one quoting what I said. And you made your point better than I could, I always forget the specific examples. She must be freezing her tiny legs off in that skirt, it is winter after all.

Winter doesn't happen indoors I thought. You can't really blame her for being hot though... and I mean she worked on a lot before this (please bring back everyday achievments). And there are less attractive Gamer girls on the internet with there own shows...they just get less views. Plus when was the last time you saw a really unnatractive sports news caster or weather girl. THEY DONT EXIST

I enjoyed it =D
A lack of Quistis is unforgettable, but Dream Weaver earned your place back in my heart. (I love that song - And not just because of Wayne's World)
Keep up the good work =D

I liked it...

But, it was because there was a hot girl in it.

And, Escapist...... I can't tell if I'm disappointed.

If I wanted a hot girl, I would just go watch iJustine. I thought the Escapist wasn't this cheap.

Optimystic:

I love you.

Are you hot? Are you a chick? Cause TheSarcasterd don't swing the other way. He also speaks in the third person cause he's hardcore as shit.

If "yes" to both questions: I love you too...I love you long time.

If "yes" to the first and "no" to the second, or "no" to both: let's just be friends.

If "no" to the first question and "yes" to the second: let's be friends with benefits but keep in on the DL. Can't have my online rep be that I bone the fugly chicks.

I wasn't expecting much, was just lured in due to my love of glasses and the hot host.

I enjoyed the video, and since I wear glasses very similar to Gordon's does that mean i'm a winner too?

I thought The Escapist was above this sort of thing? 5 sexiest glasses? Who is she really trying to appeal to here?

If she wanted to flaunt herself around for a few minutes, then she should have just done that. More power to her, if she had. Just have a video of a herself in provocative clothes dancing around, making arm movements and playing with her hair, put music over it, and you'll have the main reason people watched this video and found an excuse to say why they enjoyed it so much. Just don't try and pretend it's all about the video games, when clearly it isn't. I'm not mad about what she's wearing (I could care less), or even that her make-up is disturbingly obvious (colors are way too bright for her milkyness) I just don't see the reason this list is here, at all. This video belongs on Youtube, with a majority of the other vlog tripe. (I make an exception for Boogie 2988.) Call Marina Orlova, I'm sure she can give you some more obvious self-marketing tips.

/end Rant

Also:

Sorry to crush all you guys' non-existent chances but

LISA'S MARRIED.

I know it sucks. She totally would've been drooling over your massive retro game collection and spread eagle hentai figurine "art" collection.

Eh, it was alright. Not the best, but not the worst.

This just doesn't seem very Escapist-y to me. I feel like this is something that I would pull up on IGN or catch on G4.

Still, Lisa makes the show worth watching. Not necessarily because she's attractive (I'm not that shallow), but just because she's lively and upbeat about it all.

well...that...was most certainly different...

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here