What fruit would you like to use as currency?
Apples
18.7% (175)
18.7% (175)
Bananas
13.2% (123)
13.2% (123)
Grapes
26% (243)
26% (243)
Pears
2.8% (26)
2.8% (26)
Peaches
2.9% (27)
2.9% (27)
Kiwis
11.8% (110)
11.8% (110)
Grapefruit
5.5% (51)
5.5% (51)
Tomatoes
6.1% (57)
6.1% (57)
Other (Please Clarify)
12% (112)
12% (112)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Question of the Day, December 2, 2010

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Question of the Day, December 2, 2010

Some UK game retailers are selling Donkey Kong Country Returns in return for bananas. If you could pay for any game with a fruit, what fruit would it be?

Grapefruit's the only one I wouldn't be tempted to eat.

Apples, I can get a boatload of 'em cheap and don't really like them. Hmm, I wonder if I don't like apples because of Apple, or Apple because of apples.

I would suggest another fruit beyond all of those; durians.

Seriously, they don't get enough love. They only game I've seen them in is Super Mario Sunshine, back in the GCN days. Additionally, they're available in the international market in a neighboring city that's within driving distance, so it'd be a unique experience getting them, as well.

Raisins, straight up.

...I suppose they count as grapes. But I think their absolutely VIIIILLLEEE
I'm a massive fruit fan, so if it was anything else I'd end up munching it all hrrrr.

Besides. We need to think practicality here!

yeah. Raisins. Small and last longer than regular fruit.

Grapefruit, for the hard outside. Don't want splashy money.

Pomegranate seeds! :D

I'm allergic to apples so you can have all of them ;)

Giant Cherries!

I would love that.

I picked peaches, cos they are blatently the tastiest. And super smoft!

Grapes, when you have leftover change, just pop it into your mouth, no peeling or half-eaten fruit leftover.

Blueberries, as then I could sell stuff and get some yummy ones!

Bananas. Works for DK.

Durians! That way all the people without decent senses of smell will naturally become the worlds greatest money brokers!

(If you've never smelled a durian I have friends who can attest that you're missing the sensation of a lifetime!)

Magnatek:

Seriously, they don't get enough love. They only game I've seen them in is Super Mario Sunshine, back in the GCN days. Additionally, they're available in the international market in a neighboring city that's within driving distance, so it'd be a unique experience getting them, as well.

Durians?! Those are munitions!

No no no, we're safer with using raspberries. So long as no one has a 16-ton weight or tiger handy, that is...

Grapefruit, because I'd never be tempted to eat my cash.

Raisins easily.

Magnatek:

yeah well if they did not reak! then maybe they could get some more love.

Bananas are the cheapest fruits on this list to stock up on. Unless exchange rates start getting to be too crazy, like if 10 Bananas is only worth 3 Fuji Apples.

Apples. They're one of the smaller ones, and they're very durable. (Unlike grapes, which squash easily.)

Apples. We've got a tree in the backyard, so it would be nice to be able to grow our own currency.

Mango. It's so funny to say. Maaaaaaaaangooooo.

Raisins are probably best. Small, easy to carry around.

Oranges all the way!

I love that fruit!

Pomegranate. Small, self contained in its skin, and there's a lot of them to use as walking around money.

Plus, it's said to be the actual "apple" that was the fruit of knowledge that tempted Eve (fun fact!)

Coconuts

Grapes, because your value never goes down. You leave them to dry out and they become raisins, and still worth something.

Tomatoes. Because I like starting arguments mwahaha!

Clementines. Citrus fruits come in segments, so it's easier to make change, and clementines are lighter than the grapefruit option in the poll.

Georgie_Leech:
Apples. We've got a tree in the backyard, so it would be nice to be able to grow our own currency.

So money does grow on trees...

[/lame joke]

walnuts! Don't rot as easily, light, hard, easy to carry. Perfect!

Besides, my grandpa has over 200 walnut trees in his backyard. I would build a huge warehouse and i would store 3 cubic acres of walnuts so I could swim on them.

EmzOLV:
I picked peaches, cos they are blatently the tastiest. And super smoft!

Pfft, cherries beat peaches ALMOST every day

Bananas , if not just to make "is that a banana in your pants?" gag so much more common.

Olives. What? Olives are a fruit, technically. And a helluva lot easier to store. Less of a problem of your currency rotting.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here