Stolen Pixels #246: New Vegas, Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

It's funny, because he doesn't even give you your own clothes. He says "Here. This is all you had on you when you were brought in", then hands you 18 caps and your delivery notice thing. Then he gives you his wife's old Vault suit. Apparently, Benny stripped you down before he buried you (since the character is wearing clothes in the cutscene), or Victor took your clothes when he dug you up.

Or the good Doctor was lying about what you had on you and everything you snatch from his house was yours to begin with. I like that explanation better. That way I don't feel bad for taking it.

haha.. Yeah, i robbed that doctor of all his shit too..

Later in game i killed Benny in a 1 on 1 machete fight to the death.. He had no chance the unlucky fart!

I suppose it's helpful that you can take everything that isn't nailed down in Doc Mitchel's house, since your character seems to be blissfully ignorant of the ability to Sneak at that point...

I wonder what happened in those five days..."shudders"

Chris 'Chaos' Voce:

You are now thinking about what the good Doctor did to you whilst you were unconscious...Have fun with that.

Yeah cause thats not the wierdest thing in New Vegas.

And so the journey begins...

MOAR!

Seems like exactly how I played when I started. I stole everything that wasn't nailed down and even tried to walk out the door with Doc's own inventory at least twice. :p

silensay:
MOAR!

This is what I was thinking (A bit dumbed down but still)

When the new one coming out, this stuff is hilarious

So is stolen pixels on hiatus? what happened, I love this comic!

Are you alive? Is your computer well?

shamus What happed? where are you?

Come back to us, Shamus! We miss you! We miss Dr. Breen!

Hey Shamus! You cannot leave us like this man!!! GET BACK HERE!!!!

Probably relevant. Read point 3.

teh_gunslinger:

Thank you.

We hope you come back to us soon Shamus.

Just wondering, are you going to continue this? It's been a while is all.

I just started playing New Vegas (since they released the patch that fixed most of the bugs, it appears to work since I have no broken missions, and at worse the game has frozen on me at a loading screen) and I decided to chronicle all my exploits. So if you happen to read this, I hope you keep going with stolen pixels. It's a great comic.

EDIT: Ah, never mind, just read the blog posted. Hope to you come back soon!

A month and still no more Stolen Pixels?

a month?
Where did you go?

... its been over a month

so I guess no more Stolen Pixels...

wait? was that regenal cuffburt?

It really all makes sense...

The doc sewed you up because he took an oath. Then he thought, "He won't mind being raped if he isn't awake" A few days later your character wakes up in his underwear with a terrible pain in the butt...and the doc feels so bad about the things he did to you that he gives you everything he has. As for those inkblots and word association tests, he is just trying to figure out if you remember being raped.

I just wish I could have stolen the vigor tester, hook it up to Helios One, and given myself super powers.

teh_gunslinger:

"Error: Page not found"

Would someone please explain to me what it says?

HK_01:

teh_gunslinger:

Just that Mr. Young has put Stolen Pixels on hiatus. And some other stuff, but that was the part that was pertinent to this topic.

teh_gunslinger:

HK_01:

teh_gunslinger:

Just that Mr. Young has put Stolen Pixels on hiatus. And some other stuff, but that was the part that was pertinent to this topic.

Oh, that sucks. But at least it explains why there hasn't been any Stolen Pixels in so long.

Thanks a lot for telling me!

So...does this guy own the concept? It has been over a month...I don't want to steal his idea from him...but I wouldn't mind taking it if he isn't going to use it anymore.

I'll tell you where he is. He is playing WoW Cata for his Shamus plays article (I forget is it called that) which follows the journey of a Demon Imp in the unfortunate position of being bound to a Wussy Warlock and how he attempts to kick the warlock in the nuts and get him to act evil.

...Minecraft get you again Shamus?

teh_gunslinger:

HK_01:

teh_gunslinger:

Ah... I would have appreciated a comic that notified us about this but whatever. I'll keep an eye out and hopefully he'll get back to making me laugh again.

Master Kuja:

Chris 'Chaos' Voce:

You are now thinking about what the good Doctor did to you whilst you were unconscious...Have fun with that.

Is that a TFS reference I smell?

I really wish there would be a new comic. There hasn't been one in forever, it seems.

InterAirplay:
Can anyone confirm whether or not the inkblot answers made a difference to your character stats?

Im guessing tag skills i.e. "does this pic look like a chemical reaction (science) a nuclear detoation (explosives) etc etc"

Hey! Hey you! Quit playing WoW and do something interesting with your life! More Stolen Pixels!

Yahtzee is right, WoW is a force of pure evil.

Yes, how dare he spend time playing a MMORPG when he could be playing a RPG instead!

Scratch that...I want him to practice on MMORPG's...I can't wait for "Shamus Plays Fallout Online"

Shamus Young:
Stolen Pixels #246: New Vegas, Part 1

"Odd" doesn't begin to cover it.

Read Full Article

When does part 2 come out?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: