Daily Drop: Foot Lamp

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Foot Lamp

Ahh! A lamp with feet! Kill it! KILL IT!!

Watch Video

Hurp durp durp.
I liked the initial flash, and then I got treated to a second, minor one at 0:56 or so.
Thanks! Now I'm all blind!

...It looks a little like a sex toy

You should have done something a bit more... alien... for subject 42. But the lamp fit that pretty well.

Anyway, I really loved the light show. Wasn't expecting that.

Dude, after the second flash, you can literally watch the sparks fly. AWESOME

And it's the 42nd daily drop.

The universal answer.

Well that was cool. Do more lights, I want to watch the pretty explosions.

That was the coolest Daily Drop so far with the initial flash and then the flying sparks. Totally awesome, if not possibly a bit dangerous.

I want a live Fluorescent Light, please? :D

That was a really good drop. The flashes really elevated the quality, also it is a good reason to remember to wear your safety goggles.

Well, I think we've found my new favorite daily drop. The shiny lights amuse me. :)

This is now my favorite
i never really had a favorite before but now i do

Prof. Monkeypox:
You should have done something a bit more... alien... for subject 42. But the lamp fit that pretty well.

Haha, I see what you did there.

Whoa...
you can barely see the flash in regular speed

Ooh, sparklies!

By the way, what the hell kind of store sells a lamp with feet?

And what's that preview item? Looks like a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll....only... larger?

Fr]anc[is:

*Flips Switch on and off* Oh yeah I'll flash those lights all dady oh yea....O_o..

you saw nothing! nothing dammit!!

Dublin Solo:

The universal answer.

Oh Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. Is there anything you can't sove with 42?

Too fast. That was waaaaay too fast.

Best one yet. Still loved that it was on the entire time.

Why did it flash like that? I know it was on, but I mean, why did it suddenly become so bright so fast because of that? I curious.

Beautiful flash it made.

I guess it landed nicely on it's feet. ;)

Wow dropping it plugged in was a good idea cuz that was more cool than the koosh

Dublin Solo:

The universal answer.

The answer to life, the universe and everything is foot lamp?

Fr]anc[is:

My freind, you must have some really really weird sex.

summerof2010:
Why did it flash like that? I know it was on, but I mean, why did it suddenly become so bright so fast because of that? I curious.

The filament of a regular light bulb is made of tungsten. When the electricity is passed through it, it creates an enormous amount of heat, enough to melt most metals but not tungsten (the main reason it is used for filaments). However, tungsten will ignite when it is heated enough and exposed to oxygen, which is why light bulbs are filled with an inert gas (usually argon). Now when the bulb bursts, it exposes the heated tungsten to oxygen and it ignites, creating that flash of light.

Very interesting.
The flashes could not be seen at all at normal speed. You also have the bits of the tungsten coil that are still bright long after the initial crash.

coldfrog:

summerof2010:

The filament of a regular light bulb is made of tungsten. When the electricity is passed through it, it creates an enormous amount of heat, but, due to the properties of tungsten, not enough to melt it. However, tungsten will ignite when it is heated enough and exposed to oxygen, which is why light bulbs are filled with an inert gas (usually argon). Now. when the bulb bursts, it exposes the heated tungsten to oxygen and it ignites, creating that flash.

Why thank you!

The next video.... a yule log?

Madara XIII:

Dublin Solo:

The universal answer.

Oh Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. Is there anything you can't sove with 42?

its not the answer to everything. its just the answer to the great question.

the great question of life the universe and everything.

That seemed to be way too quick of a drop even for you guys, what happened with this one?

OT: I liked the sparks that it gave off when you dropped it. :D
So what exactly is that thing you're dropping on Monday? >.>

The jarring cut is back! Makes this one seem like it goes faster than the others.

Awesome. Especially the flash of sparks.

More exciting stuff like this please!

Dublin Solo:

The universal answer.

So this drop really should have been a bunch on petunias in a whale shaped planter....

I loved this one! <3

Man, electricity sure is dangerous...
But on the other hand, those sparks are fucking awesome!
Seriously, didn't expect that second flash, pretty cool.
But still not as cool as the Kooshes.
Now what if we could somehow put together electricity, a lamp and a koosh to make a new weird item, and then drop it?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here