Critical Miss: Genocyber

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Genocyber

Just a click away...

Read Full Article

Why? WHY?!? I'll never his the delete button again, I promise. Just don't kill the little programs with zombie moms.

Unfortunate Implications are always interesting. Good strip as usual!

lol she is with the users now ....

I know it is kind of bad to laugh about that but i thought it was funny

Zombie programs...damn.

And that's why undelete.exe doesn't work anymore - too much horror.

At least Tron got away with this shit back in the 80's, when everyone was dazzled by "computers wooo!"

I remember it was far more awesome when I watched as a child with no idea how computers actually worked. Nowadays I find myself spluttering in disbelief.

Queen Michael:

You bastard. I had plans for today, I thought this wouldn't show up for another page at least!

Unfortunately... I don't get the reference. I know it's from Tron, but I have no experience with the subject. But, hey, this is the first I ever didn't understand.

InterAirplay:
At least Tron got away with this shit back in the 80's, when everyone was dazzled by "computers wooo!"

I remember it was far more awesome when I watched as a child with no idea how computers actually worked. Nowadays I find myself spluttering in disbelief.

Queen Michael:

You bastard. I had plans for today, I thought this wouldn't show up for another page at least!

I am, indeed, a bastard. A magnificent bastard, one might say.

Tron: Zombie Apocalypse = AWESOME!

Excuse me..

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: Genocyber

Just a click away...

Read Full Article

.. What does this have to do with..

Genocyber at all?

Prof. Monkeypox:
Unfortunately... I don't get the reference. I know it's from Tron, but I have no experience with the subject. But, hey, this is the first I ever didn't understand.

In Tron, the "people" in the Grid are actually programs.

Also, mandatory.

Zeithri:

Genocyber at all?

I would guess it was just a merging of the words "genocide" and "cyber".

Prof. Monkeypox:

In Tron, people were transported into computers and met other programs. They all looked like people, but some were "users" (the real people) and most were "programs." So when a user in the real world deleted something, a program in the computer would die. It's a cool movie, you should watch it because the plot doesn't focus on the logistics of it much...

Queen Michael:

InterAirplay:

Queen Michael:

I am, indeed, a bastard. A magnificent bastard, one might say.

I'm bloody lucky I just finished my essay before looking at this.

I don't get it. - Confused. -

reboot did it better

Great, now I'm going to spend the rest of my day thinking about what happens when I do various things to a computer.

Thought they released the Tron game this week, was about to say...

Prof. Monkeypox:

Tron characters are computer programs... Every time you delete a file, you destroy a family. Every time you undelete.exe that file, you bring back a zombie to traumatize the family.

Well that was depressing after the initial laugh!

Where do Baby programs come from? and don't give me any of that "stork" shit... I'm a big boy now!

NOOO!!! What have you done!? Now i can't delete anything from my computer knowing that i will destroy lives?! WHY!?

OT: Quite funny,though i feel a little bad for laughing...

Love it.

I am so excited for Tron: Legacy... to an almost unhealthy degree.

:(
I don't want to delete anything ever again.

That was... rather disturbing.

randommaster:
Great, now I'm going to spend the rest of my day thinking about what happens when I do various things to a computer.

I laughed at this post more than the comic. Not much of a Tron fan so it took me a while to get.

Good User, is that what happens when you take something out of the recycling bin? Good thing I don't do it that often, there aren't to many undead programs running around on my computer. Programs on my computer tend to stay dead.

GrizzlerBorno:
Where do Baby programs come from? and don't give me any of that "stork" shit... I'm a big boy now!

Copy-paste?

Zeithri:

Genocyber at all?

Best Cronenberg film EVER!

I don't like it how this comic became so heavy handed about references

Irony's Acolyte:

GrizzlerBorno:
Where do Baby programs come from?

Copy-paste?

Isn't that more "cloning" than Baby-making? Ooh Ooh, installers! that's where Baby programs come from. amirite?

Nah, dropping stuff in the recycle bin would be more like putting them in jail, or exile, or something like that. Hell, even emptying the bin and deleting them permanently wouldn't really get rid of them. They'd still live on as ghosts, sort of, right?

Now...taking a magnet or drill or something to your hard-drive platters, on the other hand...that's sorta like the sun devouring the Earth.

Human after all...Ha! Daft Punk reference!

Kind of funny, I guess.

I really don't see what this has to do with Genocyber, though.
There wasn't even any slow-motion child murder.

Queen Michael:

A TVTropes link? Do you hate my spare time?

Kinda sad... must check the original source so I actually understand what this is about, though the above comments have already told me this is something about "Tron" and people as computer programs.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here