Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Craziest Footwear

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

for the pokemon one you could cheat and get a spiritomb with wonder guard

As noted earlier, BOBS + Curiass of the Savior's Hide = +200 speed, +20% blind. Of god, now I have to go find my copy of morrowind and set my xbox up again.

Better episode this week....still not really worth the watch. Will give it one mor go, see if it improves again.

Soccer is in fact lame. It's why I play rugby and come home with my body bruised like I went into a 1v1 with a firetruck.

Ha ah i love the forum warning at the beginning, almost as though, with a lot of young men being part of your demographic, your expecting some slightly racy comments as an attractive blonde woman writhes around on the floor with her shoes.

I like the delivery in her videos. She's very confident talking to a camera, it's quite impressive.

Also a little constructive criticism, am I the only one who thinks she shouldn't wear blusher? I mean, it stands out and doesn't really seem to suit your pale complexion...just sayin'.

Max Pichlmann:
Lisa, you want your money bitch? Get the fuck back in the kitchen and stop trying to be funny.

Your pale, Your wearing WAY too much makeup, Your voice annoys me, Shave your damn armpits, stop disgracing gamers.

Why say you didnt get into chick things at the beginning when you are clearly dressed as a chick and not a gamer?

Fuck off, get off the escapist, learn to write good damn humour.

P:S How did I know bayon-fuckingbitchslutcunt-etta would be first? Maybe coz Lisa isnt a real gamer.

Shame, you could've been one of the good guys :/
Ah well:

Another enjoyable video :).

I like the show, and I like Lisa's attitudes both regarding gaming and regarding what she finds appealing in games. Wish she would pay a bit more attention to her diction though. Her videos could be improved by a more natural word flow.

Right... that was the last episode for me.

Same problems as last week. Not a very interesting concept, felt kinda rushed, low-brow comedy and the host just makes me cringe. Way too quirky and "blonde", and I'm not buying the whole hot geek girl thing.

That being said, best of luck in the future to the creators. Though I'd personally think this is below The Escapist's quality standards (...except Game Dogs and I Hit It With My Axe), many people here seem to enjoy it.

And yet, nothing on the retarded shoes from Ocarina of Time, and not one mention of the bizzare things characters wear on their feet in like...Every Kingdom Hearts game.

Alrighty, here's my constructive(!) criticism.

First of all, top 5 is the most common show so making fun topics is quite a must.
Shoes is not most of the people interest. Even if you have top 5 that was used in other shows it can still be amusing by using jokes, storytelling and other items.

Second, the sexuallity here is just too much. No one have a problem with her being pretty, but dressing up in mini skirts while jumping around to show the shoes isn't neccecery. Sex sells, we all know. But at some points it's just gross.

Third, the acting really needs improving. The beggining monologue seemed so fake. It looked more of a way to show people that she really is a nerd.

I really like the concept of Top 5 since it can reach many stuff and got so much place for humor. The jokes are nice but just not enough.

For me, for this show to be better Lisa needs to practice on her acting, the show needs better top 5's, that will interest everyone and better writting.

There, wasn't jerky and even said something nice:P

Football is lame? I might need to murder you.

SOCCER IS LAME! :O
First ep i see from this new show and ....sry girl`s got to go !
Dont go around dissing ppl like that :((
NOT cool :X

Is Lisa just reading a script or she is an actual gamer? :O

O she is a terrible troll! XD

never did know how bayonetta fired them derringers on her feet.

I love how people are accusing her of not being a real gamer when she runs a gaming review site, runs her own web series (not this one) largely based around games, works with the angry joe show on game reviews, did a game review for angry joe, writes for kotaku, and yet STILL, without a single bit of evidence to support their theory, they say she isn't a real gamer. Fuck off

insanelich:

TheSarcasterd:

But let's be blunt.

In reviewing this thread and the previous one, I've noticed that there's basically one of two camps you fall into in response to her. You can be immature and/or judgmental toward her for being an attractive woman...or you can choose to look past your prejudice and sexism and embrace her for the following fact, despite the realization that she will never sleep with you:

This gal is basically the physical embodiment of what many of us basement-dwelling nerds have fantasized about finding in a girlfriend (and never did) from age 13 onward. Part of me nerd rages at that too.

I notice you choose to ignore the people who ignore her looks in judging the video - and find it lacking. Which were a significant presence in the previous thread.

Yeh ok mate just take it easy we are all friends here.. take a deep breath or unwind hell do something but cheer the fck up!

Weird. I would've thought someone would've pointed out that once splash ran out of PP a pokemon that took no damage from flailing would be awesome by now.

Soccers lame??

Dont think you can judge a sport you clearly dont know anything about as you called Football Boots ... Soccer Cleats!!! Seriously what the hell are those :|

Soccer is not lame. Now about the video. Well I've seen 2 of yout videos (this one is the second). Not getting the shoes part, for real. Keep them caming tough, I think your funny.

snugglesgold:
Ha ah i love the forum warning at the beginning, almost as though, with a lot of young men being part of your demographic, your expecting some slightly racy comments as an attractive blonde woman writhes around on the floor with her shoes.

My first reply to this thread was a joke, but I have to admit that I'm a bit concerned seeing her openly dress like that and expect to be taken seriously (Relatively speaking, that is. I know it's not supposed to be 'serious business', obviously).

Yes, we all know that today's world is overly sexualized and that allot of people dig the kind of freedom an exploited Japanese school-girl outfit will give you. But, come on, be real, are you -really- comfortable wearing that little clothing with that much makeup? I don't think I would be.

But, hey, if you love what you're doing, then more power to ya. I just don't personally like it.

As for the actual content, your presentation seems like it's being delivered by a talking mannequin who used to be a weather forecaster (people who report the weather have the worst poker faces and the lamest puns). Maybe the presentation could use less 'forced lines' and more adlibbing.

Good luck with your future stuff.

yay funny cool cute. good job.

Good video.

I love how The Escapist won't stand still and will bring in new people. Explains why they can let the LRR guys take a break every second week.

As for the people with "criticisms" - I'd take it with a grain of salt. Haters gonna hate and all that. Take the good ones on board, ignore the rest. (although, I guess you don't need me saying that).

I think the timing of the humor is better on this one. I can see what the video is trying to do, and I think it's working. Could it be that after the success of one quirky man talking really fast and constantly goes off on tangents, another jumps on board (MovieBob, to a lesser extent) and we've got one more for a bandwagon? I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.

Oh, and soccer isn't lame. :)

First one was... meh... good enough to come back for another go, just to see a different topic. But the second one was... meh... I'll most likely check the third one to see if it's more fun than this one.

After that I'll most likely conclude that the only thing the show has going for it is a female hostess, and that's quite frankly a lame reason to watch something.

To me, this is less fun than Daily Drop, and I find that strange, this one makes an attempt at humor, but it's still less fun than a show where the only thing going on is stuff falling.

If I paid for this, I'd feel cheated, as things stand, I feel moderately... meh. I have plenty of minutes left in me, the ones I lost here aren't that important (I just threw away a few more of them making this post, in fact).

This episode was better than last weeks, I liked the jokes. My personal opinion is that the blonde-bit is abit annoying, but the character is likeable. I would say: keep em coming and please consider if you want to change some small parts of the character.

I am thinking that "she" ,that means, the character is intentionaly made to make us react a little- like critical miss (If I am not over the hedge).

I do not focus on shoes but I like boots with fur- ones that tries to resemblance traditional clothes (like indian or somesuch).

Alpha Maeko:
My first reply to this thread was a joke, but I have to admit that I'm a bit concerned seeing her openly dress like that and expect to be taken seriously (Relatively speaking, that is. I know it's not supposed to be 'serious business', obviously).

Yes, we all know that today's world is overly sexualized and that allot of people dig the kind of freedom an exploited Japanese school-girl outfit will give you. But, come on, be real, are you -really- comfortable wearing that little clothing with that much makeup? I don't think I would be.

But, hey, if you love what you're doing, then more power to ya. I just don't personally like it.

(This isn't to be taken as me attacking you or anything, I just read over your comment and it caught my eye randomly)

Regarding her clothes, yeah, that kinda is what young women wear. Same with the make-up.
Really, she's used to be, like, a mini-celebrity on a major kids channel. Chances are, what she wears is whatever she feels she looks nicest in, or what she is comfortable in.

I've noticed a lot of people pointing out that it's as though she's purposely going for the "I must seduce all the boys on the Escapist if I want to be popular. Therefore, I must dress attractively".
In fact, she reminds me of a LOT of my female friends. (I have a LOT of female friends.... Get your mind out of the gutter :P I'm not involved with them, okay!)
They dress how they want in whatever makes them feel good about themselves.

And really, she's just showing us her.
For all we know, Yahtzee records the majority of his work in his underwear. (I know I would)
The LRR team are in costume and have characters.
Lisa herself is on display here. Not an anmated version of her. Not a character she's playing. Her.

I wasn't feeling your first episode, but now I think that this series could really develop into something light-hearted and surprisingly insightful.

The jokes were mostly spot on in this one. I can see this series getting better as it goes. Just gotta figure out what works(the soccer bit at the end was a good start).

Not bad. Not bad.

Did this new series prompt the rule renewal/crackdown? Because if it did, that should tell you something.

So far as I can hate a relatively inoffensive web-based series of shorts, I really couldn't hate this more. I think it's an unfunny and out-of-place demographic-grab.

If stating that opinion gets me some kind of suspension or ban, I guess I'm suspended or banned.

Edit: okay, gonna come clean here - I didn't actually watch this episode until just now. I know this is page 9 of the comments thread, and no one will bother to read this, but Escapist... this is bad. Really, really bad. It's poorly written, poorly executed, and, above all else, hypocritical. She swears off being a girly-girl, but she dresses like one, talks like one, and literally writhes around on the ground in a pile of shoes? Fairly certain this isn't supposed to be ironic, so where does that leave us?

This comes off like a supremely amateurish youtube series. No, worse than that - one of the supremely amateurish youtube series designed to expand (or satisfy, or delude) the ego of a closet narcissist. Her "aw, shucks!" demeanor is transparent. Her attempts to placate her nerd audience are insultingly obvious. It's just a trainwreck.

If you want a legitimately funny series about fashion (glasses and shoes so far...), give the exact same concept and layout to a surly 250 lbs. straight man. That's an interesting reversal. That's a compelling head-scratcher. I'd watch the hell out of that. But this?

You may be right but ,right now, I am thinking that she has a character like angry Joe. Like he plays a sometimes frustrated guy I beliave she plays a blond-ish girl.
P.S
The reason I personaly find the blond-bit abit/a tad is becuase I dont like people and girls like that.

If she plays herself then that is another matter.

FieryTrainwreck:
Did this new series prompt the rule renewal/crackdown? Because if it did, that should tell you something.

So far as I can hate a relatively inoffensive web-based series of shorts, I really couldn't hate this more. I think it's an unfunny and out-of-place demographic-grab.

If stating that opinion gets me some kind of suspension or ban, I guess I'm suspended or banned.

I think the main thing that prompted the update, or at least Spinwhiz's prominent first post about it, is because Lisa's first video earned over 600 replies and most of them were quite unkind and negative.

I think its a step in the right direction since there are ways to critique without being an meanie.If brought on by This show It should have been implemented with other series as well.

After the last video I expected Bayonetta to show up in the list! Also nice to see, someone who appreciates the craziness of the game. What I personally missed in this list were the Heavy Boots from The Legend of Zelda series.

Am I the only one who actually liked X-Blades?

Anyway. With the next video, PLEASE use a better microphone! I hardly understood shit because of all the echo.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here